T150 not working with GT5 & 6 on PS3

• Thread starter jamcg
  • 53 comments
Just thought if the only difference is the pedals, have you guys tried the wheel and no pedals connected...The only other difference i can see is i`m using a pal ps3 and pal game as i`m in the uk...

I just got my T150 Pro an cannot get it to work with either Gran Turismo title on PS3. I have updated the firmware per Thrustmaster’s instructions. The wheel calibrates when connected to the PC and functions properly in the control panel. When connected to the PS3 it calibrates when the console starts up and I can navigate the system menu, but when the game launches, the “mode” light starts blinking and the wheel turns all the way to the left and stays there and the buttons are unresponsive.

Has anyone come across this or know how to fix it? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

ok got GT 5 to work with my Thrustmaster T150 Pro. Shut down system and wheel. Switch wheel to PS4. Plug USB cable from wheel into the LEFT USB port on the PS3 (and I would gather on the PS4 as well- apparently, there IS a difference between USB port #1 and #2). Obviously, make sure NO OTHER controllers are on. Power up and voila, for the first time, I was able to use the "X" button on the wheel to acknowledge the "online features no longer available" notice at the beginning of the game (at which point the wheel would be unresponsive and the status light would be flashing off and on).

VERY first time I've entered into the GT universe (mostly play Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and Motorstorm: Apocalyse, rally races, etc.). Wow. Pretty granular, but rather interesting. Got myself a nice little Honda to start off with.

However...two things:

1) NO force feedback - but I believe this game and wheel are supposedly compatible for FFB. To be fair, however, I haven't been able to get FFB with ANY game using this wheel. Not sure what I could be doing wrong.

2) The PS button does NOT work in the PS4 mode. You'll have to unplug from the console/restart/turn off manually.

So there you have it.

Side Note: Have been giving the T300 some thought, having noted several upsides-wondering how compatible it is with PS3 and games vs T150.

Another side note: FWIW, from the Thrustmaster website re: full FFB on PS3 AND PS4 (same list) with:

- GRAN TURISMO® 5 (I have this and haven't had any FFB)
- GRAN TURISMO® 6
- DIRT® 3
- DIRT® Showdown
- F1 2011
- F1 2012
- F1 2013
- F1 2014
- GRID2™
- GRID™ AUTOSPORT
- NASCAR® 2011 THE GAME
- NASCAR® THE GAME™ INSIDE LINE
- NASCAR® ‘14
- NEED FOR SPEED™ THE RUN (*)
- TEST DRIVE® UNLIMITED 2
- WRC 2
- WRC 3 (*) (Downloading now and will install, test this evening)
- WRC 4
- WRC 5

(*) EN - In this game, the “PS” button is non-functional. /

Last edited:
Just thought if the only difference is the pedals, have you guys tried the wheel and no pedals connected...The only other difference i can see is i`m using a pal ps3 and pal game as i`m in the uk...
Have tried without pedals. Haven't noticed any difference other than expected functions.

FYI installed WRC 3. One of the games that Thrustmaster says is compatible for FFB on PS3 with the T150 (and T300).

Set the switch on the wheel to PS3. Plugged wheel into either USB socket on the console, the mode light just flashes and there is no response from the wheel.

Turned everything off. Set the switch to PS4. Plugged wheel into the LEFT USB socket on the console. Turned everything on. Wheel functional as basic controller. Then able to go into WRC 3 and do stuff, but when actually driving, it doesn't seem like the controls are all there. Pressing on gas pedal (R2) doesn't do anything but the R2 button on the wheel itself does accelerate. Also steering doesn't seem to do anything. All the typical settings (with emphasis on R2 being accelerate and L2 being Stop/Reverse).

Unplugged the wheel from the PS3. Switched back to PS3. Plugged into the LEFT USB socket. So far, so good. Can navigate around the XMB with the wheel, execute the game. However, as the game starts, the mode light on the wheel starts flashing. After a short bit, the wheel does a "partial" alignment-just turns upside-down. Then stays there. After that, nothing on the wheel responds.

Is ANYONE ELSE playing GT5 or WRC 3 with a T150 on a PS3 having problems? Maybe my new T150 has an issue with it...

Unreal why it`s still not working properly @AntMork I get force feedback using my T150 and gran turismo 5.. I haven't tried any other games.
And you don't have to do any thing special with yours to get it to work in GT5, right?

I'm really leaning toward the real possibility that the FFB and maybe something else is wrong with my T150.

That`s right I dont have to do anything, it just works.....but I am on firmware version 5 if that makes a difference...
Ok. That pretty much says all I need to know. Mine WAS on version 5. I figured the firmware should be upgraded to fix the problems I have been experiencing. No dice. I've got a defective wheel.

What a nightmare, but i noticed above you say plugging into a different usb port kinda works.....could it be a ps3 issue, usb socket problem....

What a nightmare, but i noticed above you say plugging into a different usb port kinda works.....could it be a ps3 issue, usb socket problem....
I read that other people noticed a difference between the two sockets in their consoles as well. Maybe I'm imagining things. Guess the only way to really find out is to get another wheel and see if it works or not.

Mine is fixed!!!
I uninstalled the current driver package and installed the previous version. Used the firmware updater to install version 11 of the firmware on the wheel.
Working just fine now with GT5! So happy.
That's, PC, right? Also-why version 11? The latest is 21, I believe.

Mine is fixed!!!
I uninstalled the current driver package and installed the previous version. Used the firmware updater to install version 11 of the firmware on the wheel.
Working just fine now with GT5! So happy.

Glad you sorted it..brilliant..

Yes confirmed v11 works. I got the v11 firmware file from Thrustmaster today, downgraded and voila. I reported it back to them so they are aware of the issue now, hopefully they'll fix it in v22.
Okay. A little thumbs up for you getting yours sorted out. I went to Thrustmaster website and can't seem to find a link to v11 download. Guess you got your copy by contacting support or is there a link I've missed?

Yeah i emailed them a couple of weeks ago about this issue. Didn't receive a reply until today and they send me the v11 firmware to test.
I uploaded it to Dropbox for you (and anyone who faces this issue and need to downgrade from v21):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gb6jrcwlwvvcqxv/T150_LPC11_v11.tmf?dl=0

Instructions:
1) Download & place the file " T150_LPC11_v11.tmf" into C:/Program Files/Guillemot/tmfwupdater/firmware.
2) When done, launch the firmware updater and downgrade the wheel to V11.

So far so good, wheel is working on my PS3, i can play GT6 now. Wheel is recognized as T500RS i think, but at least it's working. Also still working for Project Cars 2 on PC.
I don't know what other things they might have changed from v11 to v21, so there might be some issues with certain games that i'm not aware of. I hope they'll release a v22 soon to fix this issue but for now i'm happy and so is my 10 yr old daughter. Project Cars 2 is a bit to hard for her but she loves GT6. :cool:

Yeah i emailed them a couple of weeks ago about this issue. Didn't receive a reply until today and they send me the v11 firmware to test.
I uploaded it to Dropbox for you (and anyone who faces this issue and need to downgrade from v21):

Instructions:
1) Download & place the file " T150_LPC11_v11.tmf" into C:/Program Files/Guillemot/tmfwupdater/firmware.

So far so good, wheel is working on my PS3, i can play GT6 now. Wheel is recognized as T500RS i think, but at least it's working. Also still working for Project Cars 2 on PC.
I don't know what other things they might have changed from v11 to v21, so there might be some issues with certain games that i'm not aware of. I hope they'll release a v22 soon to fix this issue but for now i'm happy and so is my 10 yr old daughter. Project Cars 2 is a bit to hard for her but she loves GT6. :cool:

Thank you!

I got myself a Thrustmaster T150 yesterday, flashed FW 21 onto it the first thing I did and tried a few PC games, which worked flawlessly.

Then I connected my PS3 and tried to start GT5, with no luck, and so I found this thread and followed the instructions; FW 11 made it work.

So this is now at least 4 months and still no FW 22 with these bugs fixed...

Instructions:

I’m a little late with this (I stopped getting notifications for this thread up until today for some reason) but thanks for posting the link and instructions. Looks like it’s helped people avoid some frustration.
I got the link to V11 from a a guy in the fb group “Thrustmaster Users” who made it seem like it was pretty simple to find and I, not bing savvy on these matters, assumed people wouldn’t have an issue finding it.
At any rate, I’m glad it’s here as I think there’s a chance I might need it again. I’m not sure whether or not V11 will work when I upgrade to PS5 when GT7 is released, so it’s nice to know it’s here if if I start messing with the firmware and need to revert again. Hopefully they’ll issue a new version before then.
So glad you get to share sim racing with your daughter. How cool!

Last edited:
this happened to me i put firmware 5 back on it and it now works on ps3 again.
i got the firmware from https://drivers.softpedia.com/dyn-p...1f8ae028f318a874ee634d95fe/6011b19e/a75c0/4/1

it drove me insane.
one day later it started doing it again. i download the firmware off here.
flashed it. and it still was spinning on ps4. but after a afternoon of trial and error ive resoved the issue.:-

when you connect it to ps4 and it goes into a neverending caliberation loop, switch the switch to the ps3 then back to the ps4 and it stops. and then its fine works fine on ps3 with the switch
to the ps3. but everytime i connect to ps4 i have to stop the caliberation loop by switching the switch to ps3 then ps4. what ive figured is that it is a bug in the switches driver.

Last edited:
I just got my T150 Pro an cannot get it to work with either Gran Turismo title on PS3. I have updated the firmware per Thrustmaster’s instructions. The wheel calibrates when connected to the PC and functions properly in the control panel. When connected to the PS3 it calibrates when the console starts up and I can navigate the system menu, but when the game launches, the “mode” light starts blinking and the wheel turns all the way to the left and stays there and the buttons are unresponsive.

Has anyone come across this or know how to fix it? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Hope this will help somehow.
I bought PS3 and Thrustmaster T150 (both used) and didn't connected it to the wifi yet.

In my case pedals didn't work in GT5 at all. I switched to F1 2010 and pedals were working fine.
That would mean it's the GT game, not pedals.

Last edited:
Did you just get yours too?
This stinks. I opened a tech support ticket with Thrustmaster.
Their most recent email claims that the wheel is “just fine” and suggests that I contact the “game makers” and ask them if there is an issue with the games (yes, we ARE talking about Gran Turismo 5 & 6) and their wheels.
I know using my Ps4 controllers on the Ps3 only will work for certain games. Gran Turismo will not work with Ps4 controllers so I'm wondering maybe, if because the wheel is aimed more towards the newer systems, it'd the same issue. It should map out automatically but it sounds like you have the same issue is with the normal ps4 controllers. I'm on the hunt for a steering wheel and pedals for my ps3 currently but am skipping this model due to the reviews I've read so far.

Back