T300 RS over the G29?

• Thread starter Dready1984
  • 15 comments
England
Southampton
Dready1984
Been offered a T300 RS with the ferrari f1 add on rim for a good price. Its second hand and I don't know the seller.

Currently use a G29. Is the thrustmaster better?

I only race on PS4, GT Sport, F1 2018 and the odd blast on Project Cars 2.

Been offered a T300 RS with the ferrari f1 add on rim for a good price. Its second hand and I don't know the seller.

Currently use a G29. Is the thrustmaster better?

I only race on PS4, GT Sport, F1 2018 and the odd blast on Project Cars 2.

I have both wheels and prefer the T300 RS, probably no help to you whatsoever.

I have both wheels and prefer the T300 RS, probably no help to you whatsoever.
That's actually a huge help. I was expecting responses from people who only had one or the other. Any reasons why you prefer the thrustmaster over the logitech?

That's actually a huge help. I was expecting responses from people who only had one or the other. Any reasons why you prefer the thrustmaster over the logitech?
the G29 was quite noisy that was the only reason

I've read the pedals on the thrustmaster are not very good. How do they compare to the G29 pedals? I know I'd lose the clutch pedal, but I don't use it anyway

I have both, but after realising the T300 wont actually attach to my desk I've not bothered to use it - I know, that's absolutely no help at all.

That said while some people do prefer the T300, some consider it more of a sidegrade than an upgrade. Plus another thing you need to consider is that the G29 appears to be bullet proof while a lot of people have had problems with the T300.

If the G29 is doing it for you on the PS4 then I'd save the money personally - my T300 was bought in a moment of madness, and in truth I should have been looking more towards a Fanatec setup, but hey ho.

Edit

I've read the pedals on the thrustmaster are not very good. How do they compare to the G29 pedals? I know I'd lose the clutch pedal, but I don't use it anyway

Oh good god yeah the pedals - G29 all the way for that unless you're prepared to stump up for the T3PA pro pedal set.

I upgraded my pedals with the T3PA set from t/master

I have both, but after realising the T300 wont actually attach to my desk I've not bothered to use it - I know, that's absolutely no help at all.

That said while some people do prefer the T300, some consider it more of a sidegrade than an upgrade. Plus another thing you need to consider is that the G29 appears to be bullet proof while a lot of people have had problems with the T300.

If the G29 is doing it for you on the PS4 then I'd save the money personally - my T300 was bought in a moment of madness, and in truth I should have been looking more towards a Fanatec setup, but hey ho.

Edit

Oh good god yeah the pedals - G29 all the way for that unless you're prepared to stump up for the T3PA pro pedal set.

I have both too, and I would quote this post near verbatum.

I got the G29 first and the T300 later but haven’t gone back to the G29. Only issue with the T300 was having to replace the original fan that burned out. Otherwise no other issues with 18 months of steady use.

Thanks alot guys. I've read online about some build quality issues with thrustmasters so I'm a little dubious, especially at the price it's being sold for. But the seller is local and has said I can go round and check it out before I buy it. Not really interested in the f1 add on wheel, but assuming the base unit, pedals and original wheel is in good condition and all works, I could sell the ferrari wheel and make some money back. I can keep the G29. Assuming the thrustmaster pedals are utter garbage, is there any adapter to use the logitech pedals?

I have a GT Omega wheel stand so no worries about attaching it to a desk.

@Slapped I'd love a fanatec setup, but with a wife, mortgage and young daughter, they are way out of my price range at the moment.

Assuming the thrustmaster pedals are utter garbage, is there any adapter to use the logitech pedals?

Yes Ricmotech sell one - https://www.ricmotech.com/product_p/rmt-t500w2g27p.htm

In fact in a fit of self admission that the pedals are actually crap even Thrustmaster sells one - http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/db9-pedals-trj12-adapter

@Slapped I'd love a fanatec setup, but with a wife, mortgage and young daughter, they are way out of my price range at the moment.

I hear you, and while I don't have any kids, nor a mortgage, and the money is in place for a full Fanatec setup complete with cockpit, I just can't justify pulling the trigger on it when I'm already having so much fun with the G29.

Kojak's advice is pretty solid but thought I'd put in my tuppence worth

I have G27(same as G29) and T300. Had a lot of random button activation problems with the T300 when I raced on PS4 and they can be race ending problems but some people have said the problems are almost gone since the latest firmware upgrade but I jumped over to the PC so cannot confirm said rumor.
When cornering the G27 FFB and T300 FFB are very similar but on a straight the G27 is very loose and notchy so for me the T300 is a slightly better feeling wheel FFB wise. As for the pedals G27(G29) pedals are solid and T300 stock pedals are ...well they are ****.
I currently use T300 with G27 pedals and a great combo for a reasonable price and a lot of fun to be had with them....especially if you make the jump to PC....your wife and kid will understand. :-)

I've had combo of T300 and (modified) G29 pedals for the last couple of years and it's still holding up (fan always switched to max). I'd echo DiRoosta's comments on the difference between the two, definitely, on the straights the G29 was not as good and it's a similar thing when flitting in and out of oversteer (old school Maserati 250F style).

I have used my T300 a couple of times on PS4 since moving to PC and didn't notice any random button presses (which I was having initially). That firmware update came at about the time I switched over to PC, IIRC.

When using the G29 pedals with T300 you'd probably want to remove the rubber bung. Well, IMO anyway. I also have the GTEye springs installed, nice mod.

I currently use T300 with G27 pedals and a great combo for a reasonable price and a lot of fun to be had with them....especially if you make the jump to PC....your wife and kid will understand. :-)

I've done PC sim racing, but can't really afford to keep updating the hardware. With the limited gaming time I get, the PS4 is easy to just plug in and play. I know the some of the content isn't as good, but it works around everything else in my life (just!).

The pedals bundled with the T300RS are not very good but the T3PA pedals you get with other editions like the T300GT or T300 Alcantara bundles are excellent.

Back