T300RS, Virtual limit rotation

• Thread starter gigio79
  • 8 comments
Italy
naples
gigiotto59
Hello guys, I am getting crazy with this value that you find in MENU', VIDEO. Some people say put OFF, other people say 900 or 540. Do you have an idea on which value is the best for the T300?
I really appeciate.

Hello guys, I am getting crazy with this value that you find in MENU', VIDEO. Some people say put OFF, other people say 900 or 540. Do you have an idea on which value is the best for the T300?
I really appeciate.

There is no hard and fast set for rotation, what suits you best is what will work the best.
I prefer 270 for drifting and racing but some cars behave better at a higher degree of rotation.
For dirt i will go to 540 to help keep the rear end under control.
Just remember the lower the degree the quicker the wheels will turn from side to side making the car turn quickly.

Whatever suits you best no rules.

The setting has no effect on car handling as it is only visual hence it is in the video settings. You can change this so that the onscreen steering wheel rotation ties up with your wheel. Obviously you need to be in cockpit mode to see the in car wheel so if you use another driving view then this setting is obsolete. I have it set to 1080 for my T300. If you want to change the degrees of wheel rotation to alter the handling then this can be done using the mode and left/right d-pad buttons on the T300 wheel base and there are 5 different rotation settings to select.

The setting has no effect on car handling as it is only visual hence it is in the video settings. You can change this so that the onscreen steering wheel rotation ties up with your wheel. Obviously you need to be in cockpit mode to see the in car wheel so if you use another driving view then this setting is obsolete. I have it set to 1080 for my T300. If you want to change the degrees of wheel rotation to alter the handling then this can be done using the mode and left/right d-pad buttons on the T300 wheel base and there are 5 different rotation settings to select.

Hello Flavus, thanks for your answer. Like you say I put 1080 and nothing change, you are right. I have another question, I know I can change rotation on T300 by using mode and left/right d-pads buttons, but what rotation do you think is the best? if I remember 1 light is 270 and 5 lights is 1080, what do you suggest me to put?

Hello Flavus, thanks for your answer. Like you say I put 1080 and nothing change, you are right. I have another question, I know I can change rotation on T300 by using mode and left/right d-pads buttons, but what rotation do you think is the best? if I remember 1 light is 270 and 5 lights is 1080, what do you suggest me to put?
I personally always leave the game to decide and I think it always selects 1080 but not certain. On one occasion I had problems with one car where I struggled to get enough wheel lock to get it round a hairpin, cannot remember which car or track it was though. I changed it down to 4 flashes and it helped me round the hairpin but the car became twitchy in the high speed corners so I changed it back to 5 flashes. On default wheel settings I generally can beat the AI on Alien on most cars I have tried so that would be my recommendation for normal racing. I don't know how to drift but I would take Stewyripper's advice to use a lower setting.

For me, I prefer realism. Many of the real sport cars in real life has around 900 degree of rotation (not exact but close). Therefore I tend to use that value for T300. I believe Assetto Corsa actually sets the rotation as it has on real car unless you manually adjust it via the "mode" + L / R game pad on the wheel.

Some more theory for you: lower degree rotation leads to quicker turning so you can counter steer quicker. That is why it is good for drifting. However, higher degree rotation give you more precision when you drive so you can be a lot smoother.

If you don't care about realism and just want the best settings. You can look at the track you race at. For tracks that have a lot of turns especially high degree turns like chicanes or 180 degree turns, you probably prefer lower degree of rotation. For tracks that has a lot of high speed (lower degree) turns, you probably prefer a more precise higher degree of rotation.

Also, if you can drift at 900 degree, you have super good control of cars. Not many people are able to do that.

Last week I decided to write a mail to KUNOS asking what they think about the wheel settings. They said to set 1080 ( T300) in MENU', VIDEO, LIMIT ROTATION VIRTUAL. In the game, they suggest " do not change rotation beacuse Assetto corsa has rotation on real car", is up to us adjust it using buttons on the wheel. To be honest a while ago I use to play on pc friends with T500RS and G27 and the difference with PS4 is huge.
Something in this game does not convince me, maybe because I played Project cars untill last week and believe me, it's an incredible game, it's fantastic, it seems to stop driving 1 milion $ car and start driving 10.000 $ car. Anyway, I am sure I like in a couple of weeks. Thank you again.

I personally always leave the game to decide and I think it always selects 1080 but not certain. On one occasion I had problems with one car where I struggled to get enough wheel lock to get it round a hairpin, cannot remember which car or track it was though. I changed it down to 4 flashes and it helped me round the hairpin but the car became twitchy in the high speed corners so I changed it back to 5 flashes. On default wheel settings I generally can beat the AI on Alien on most cars I have tried so that would be my recommendation for normal racing. I don't know how to drift but I would take Stewyripper's advice to use a lower setting.
Hi lads new t300 user looking at this topic yea 1080 is nice, for racing that is. Thanks

T300RS 1080

Attachments

• 14962292392821568478650.jpg
    14962292392821568478650.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 291
  • 14962293115601457463220.jpg
    14962293115601457463220.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 272
Back