T300RS settings

• Thread starter anss
  • 35 comments
I believe you are correct about the FFB Sensitivity, 1 is most detail, 10 is least, but it’s been a while since I’ve played with that setting, so I’m not 100% sure I remember correctly. :)

It's pretty telling for the quality of FFB on GTS that people can't agree if 1 or 10 is the highest sensitivity setting.

This is a quote from the manual about sensitivity:

The greater this value, the more responsive to changes the steering wheel will become. When this value is lower, steering becomes gentler when driving in a straight line. Increasing or decreasing these values allows you to adjust the controls to suit your driving style.

To me, that implies higher is going to be more sensitive to detail and my testing agrees.

What should i choose for best experience?

Whatever you like. It's your game and your best experience might not be ours.

This is a quote from the manual about sensitivity:

The greater this value, the more responsive to changes the steering wheel will become. When this value is lower, steering becomes gentler when driving in a straight line. Increasing or decreasing these values allows you to adjust the controls to suit your driving style.

To me, that implies higher is going to be more sensitive to detail and my testing agrees.
When it comes to this setting, I really don't notice any more or less detail but more of a change in the way the steering reacts from left to right, similar to how the controller sensitivity works with the DS4/5 ie. higher number = sharper on turning, while lower number = less sharpness and so more stable. It really should be defined better though because it's such a subjective subject otherwise. Someone is right though, we just don't know who :lol:.

Last edited:
If you want to be a SIM racer then yes you should invest in a PC, otherwise you won't even get close to real world physics. But please for the love of God, at least drive in cockpit view! Otherwise you're not a SIM racer at all :D

Thanx for advice .... i"ve been playing AC on PC last 4 years....

When it comes to this setting, I really don't notice any more or less detail but more of a change in the way the steering reacts from left to right, similar to how the controller sensitivity works with the DS4/5 ie. higher number = sharper on turning, while lower number = less sharpness and so more stable. It really should be defined better though because it's such a subjective subject otherwise. Someone is right though, we just don't know who :lol:.

There's definitely more damping going on in the lower settings, which I can deal with in the game's nice and stable race cars but I spend way less time in those than I do with road cars. If it was the other way around, I'd probably wean myself off the high sensitivity as it doesn't have as big an effect in them.

I think when it comes to sensitivity, everyone's right. How's that for a GTP first.:P

Why is it so complicated?! :lol: I need to do more testing. I've clearly misunderstood because the sensation in the wheel imo is dulled down the higher the sensitivity number, because of the increased weight. It needs to be said as well that my wheel is a day 1 t300rs and there's a strong possibility that it isn't working the way that it should anymore. I heard about people getting weaker feedback after racing for a while but mine actually gets stronger sometimes, go no reason! As though GT Sport has a bug that turns my torque and sensitivity up while I'm out on track!! Very weird. I will have a look around but does anyone know if any of the faster UK YouTube guys like @Tidgney @super_gt kierenkeith or basicOllie have settings recommendations on their channel? I can't have a look right now but I will check later.

Are you quitting the game before unplugging the wheel or starting the game up from rest mode? Apparently both can throw up issues but I've only experienced the rest mode bug myself. Do you change the degrees of rotation at all?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/tidgneys-gt-sport-driving-school.384704/page-2#post-12719719

Here's Tidgney's from 2019 (on a T-GT) but if I'm remembering right, the rest are on CSL Elites with F4H_Super_GT rocking a DD1. They can fine tune with the wheel's internal options which might skew the picture.

The last video I watched of Mik Hizal, he was using 3-7 (copied off me?:D) and don't quote me on this, Z28 using 2-2. That last one was before he switched to Fanatec as well.

There's no holy grail settings so whatever works for you is right.

Back