T300RS vs Logitech G Pro Wheel?

• Thread starter hawkeyez
  • 41 comments
Canada
Canada
the-1st-hawkeyez
So I’ve got a G923, right now I only race GT7 on PS5. Since Logitech came out with the adapter to run G923 pedals, I’ve contemplated just buying the Logitech G Pro. But I noticed there’s a sale on the T300RS, $500, vs $1350 for Logitech and adapter.

All the guys I race with run the T300RS, so part of me is wondering if I shouldn’t just run what they’ve got, or spend the extra for the DD wheel.

I’m fast enough with the G923, but I run it pretty light so it doesn’t clip in hard turns, I have it set now so I can catch a slide pretty easily. The G923 is pretty informative, but it lacks the strength or torque imo. I’ve driven the T300RS, it’s definitely a smoother feeling wheel than my current wheel. I wish you could rent a Logitech G Pro haha

How much difference is there between a T300RS and a Logitech G Pro?

Spend the extra, the G Pro is a fantastic wheel.
The T300RS will be nowhere near as good for torque or feedback.

Last edited:
I know that T300 suffers from ffb fading when hot. Another factor to consider.

I was in the same dilemma but went with the G Pro.

I suppose another option that would also be cheaper is the Thrustmaster TGT 2.
Although belt drive it's probably one of the best. Around 6nm I believe. It's also got the proprietary DFB transducer that only works with GT which will give you better effects than the T300.
Getting the "Pack" version (base and wheel) and adding their load cell pedals would be the best choice for a full upgrade.

After the G923 you will have to get used to some fan noise on the T300 and TGT. Okay if you wear headphones though.

That said the G Pro is great - but of course costs more. I've never had any problems with my Logi wheels so that's one of the reasons I've just got the Pro. I'm hoping I have the same reliability.

Although belt drive it's probably one of the best. Around 6nm I believe. It's also got the proprietary DFB transducer that only works with GT which will give you better effects than the T300.
Getting the "Pack" version (base and wheel) and adding their load cell pedals would be the best choice for a full upgrade.

After the G923 you will have to get used to some fan noise on the T300 and TGT. Okay if you wear headphones though.

That said the G Pro is great - but of course costs more. I've never had any problems with my Logi wheels so that's one of the reasons I've just got the Pro. I'm hoping I have the same reliability.

While TGT Ii is a very nice wheel it is very overpriced, at the same price you can get a GT DD PRO imho.

Yeah, where I’m at it’s another $300 for a DD so I didn’t even consider the TGT 2. If it was $600-$700 I’d probably just get that.

While TGT Ii is a very nice wheel it is very overpriced, at the same price you can get a GT DD PRO imho.
True it does seem quite expensive. However it is usually readily available and is often on offer at various retailers. So while not a bargain you can find a decent deal sometimes. Amazon is quite good.

True it does seem quite expensive. However it is usually readily available and is often on offer at various retailers. So while not a bargain you can find a decent deal sometimes. Amazon is quite good.
They’ve got it on sale for $900 right now. Idk, something about that wheel feels like it’s overpriced to me. The wheel itself looks plastic like, maybe it’s that silver inner wheel section at the bottom. The dials look to have a nice layout at least.

...with a rubber rim in a nearly $1000 wheel, people having quite serious problems with the quick releases, and as mentioned no T-DFB or Trueforce. I wouldn't say it's the T-GT II that is overpriced in that comparison.

I haven't experienced and FFB issues with my T300. Though I do have the fan running all the time. It's not loud, or even noticeable unless the room is dead silent. When the game is on, I can't hear it and I use the TV's speakers, no headphones.

The T300 is the only wheel I have ever used, so I can't compare it to a DD setup or to a geared setup. That said, it is a nice "middle of the road" wheel. The wheel is a little small and there arent as many buttons on it as some of the higher end wheels, but I have gotten used to it. I was fortunate enough to get my T300 setup with the load cell pedals for under $500 as a mix of new and used parts (used pedals and wheel with new wheel base).

...with a rubber rim in a nearly $1000 wheel, people having quite serious problems with the quick releases, and as mentioned no T-DFB or Trueforce. I wouldn't say it's the T-GT II that is overpriced in that comparison.
I'm in Europe so it's much less around 600 to 700

I'm in Europe so it's much less around 600 to 700
Actually yes, it is, and when I looked at the bundle - add the lack of a clutch pedal to the shortcomings.

For the Premium Bundle that includes three pedals it's 970€ from Fanatec's own site. A similarly configured T-GT II (base, stock wheel and load cell pedals) can be had for 890€ at least in Finland by buying the base+wheel and pedals separately.

Actually yes, it is, and when I looked at the bundle - add the lack of a clutch pedal to the shortcomings.

For the Premium Bundle that includes three pedals it's 970€ from Fanatec's own site. A similarly configured T-GT II (base, stock wheel and load cell pedals) can be had for 890€ at least in Finland by buying the base+wheel and pedals separately.

Yes for that price the DD is always the better answer vs belt drive.

Tgt should be 200 less to be more competitive, which I guess could happen when T818 comes also to consoles??

Yeah not even looking at Fanatec, too many horror stories.

Honestly Logitech support seems like about the best there is out there and that counts for something. But from what I’ve read and know, the T300 lasts a long time anyways.

I recently just had my brothers old one apart to see if I could fix it, after seven years it went haywire and calibrated too fast and busted open the worm gear enclosure and snapped that plastic ring that goes around the worm gear. in half. I repaired it with epoxy and and stuff, it WAS working, then it just went haywire again and broke itself again on its auto calibrate on boot up. They wouldn’t do anything for him so he got himself a new one, he said 7 years isn’t too bad and I agree. He raced a lot with it.

Seeing how it’s built, I’ve had a g29/g923 apart and the t300, the t300 is built way more durable, but also more of a pain to take apart haha

The only thing I noticed between the two was t300 feels more solid and smoother and a little stronger ffb strength. But I’m curious how much better the G Pro is… I’m leaning that way and hoping I don’t regret it. With talk about GTR Revival sim coming in 2024, I can see myself continuing to race even more…

Personally I wouldn't "upgrade" from a 923 to a thrustmaster t300rs, it's a pretty "small" but expensive upgrade.
If you really like to race with your current wheel the next step should be something stronger (in terms of torque) and faster (direct drive instead of gears/belts or a mix of these technologies) and good pedals (load cells :D)

(I think this video has some good points for equipment and upgrade paths (but is focused on pc sim racing):
)
You can also find many horror stories about the t300 and people dealing with thrustmaters rma departments in europe and the USA (Everything from doa wheels to getting "used"/broken replacements).
I think the more people have bought these wheels the more there is to talk about (not just the good things ._.)
(I have a t300 + tlcm and a fanatec gt dd pro and so far they survived the abuse by my nephews and nieces)

Personally I wouldn't "upgrade" from a 923 to a thrustmaster t300rs, it's a pretty "small" but expensive upgrade.
the only reason I was considering is, I have quite a few old Logitech wheels that are no longer supported so my thought was the “upgrade” to a T300RS wouldn’t really be any money out of my pocket. But yeah, the more I think about it the more I’m leaning towards a Logitech G Pro. If they were a little cheaper yet I’d be racing with one already. It’s just a lot of money to play GT7 at the moment haha. Might have to look at selling some stuff so its only like a couple hundred bucks instead of $1350 plus tax.
thanks for the video.

One thing that is kinda unique for the t300: it's ps3 compatible and the tlcm pedals work in gt5 & gt6 :D
(tried it a few ago)
I’ve got a Momo for the ps3. Lol. Funny thing is,had that worked on ps4 and ps5 I’d probably still be using it.

I would definitely advice against the T-GT II. At the end of last year i briefly owned both the Logitech Pro wheel and the T-GT II. The difference is massive. I'm not even talking about the difference in torque, but mostly just in the way how the force feedback feels. Especially when in a longer corner the T-GT II is just bad: While holding the wheel in a corner there is no force feedback except for a spring like tension. But also in all other aspects the force feedback is of a whole different league. I felt sorry for the person i sold my T-GT II to. I never tried the T300RS so can't say anything about that, but i imagine it is less impressive than the T-GT II. If you have not tried a DD wheel then you don't know what you are missing and then any belt driven wheel will be fine. But after experiencing DD there is no way back.

Last edited:
the only reason I was considering is, I have quite a few old Logitech wheels that are no longer supported so my thought was the “upgrade” to a T300RS wouldn’t really be any money out of my pocket. But yeah, the more I think about it the more I’m leaning towards a Logitech G Pro. If they were a little cheaper yet I’d be racing with one already. It’s just a lot of money to play GT7 at the moment haha. Might have to look at selling some stuff so its only like a couple hundred bucks instead of $1350 plus tax.
thanks for the video.
It sure is a lot of money. Depend on the game if it's worth it. I use my Logi Pro wheel also pretty much exclusively for one game: Assetto Corsa on pc. Of course that game has endless replayability with all the extra car and track mods.

It sure is a lot of money. Depend on the game if it's worth it. I use my Logi Pro wheel also pretty much exclusively for one game: Assetto Corsa on pc. Of course that game has endless replayability with all the extra car and track mods.
I went with the Logitech G Pro. Happy so far. I bought Assetto Corsa Cometizione on PS5. Right now it’s only coming up as G923 so I think I haven’t fully accomplished updating the wheel yet. The game is good but I’m not a huge fan of the cars. Looking forward to GTR Revival if it ever sees the light of day.

I think I’ll enjoy both GT7 and ACC. ACC the ffb is definitely way more active but there’s also this thing like I’m not sure the wheel would be giving so much feedback like that. GT7 is more subtle but it feels closer to street cars to me. I mostly run the older cars in that game.
I just decided having driven the G923 and the T300RS, I’d just be upgrading for a smoother and a little more powerful wheel so decided to just go all out. Glad I did.

Honestly Logitech support seems like about the best there is out there and that counts for something. But from what I’ve read and know, the T300 lasts a long time anyways.

I recently just had my brothers old one apart to see if I could fix it, after seven years it went haywire and calibrated too fast and busted open the worm gear enclosure and snapped that plastic ring that goes around the worm gear. in half. I repaired it with epoxy and and stuff, it WAS working, then it just went haywire again and broke itself again on its auto calibrate on boot up. They wouldn’t do anything for him so he got himself a new one, he said 7 years isn’t too bad and I agree. He raced a lot with it.

Seeing how it’s built, I’ve had a g29/g923 apart and the t300, the t300 is built way more durable, but also more of a pain to take apart haha

The only thing I noticed between the two was t300 feels more solid and smoother and a little stronger ffb strength. But I’m curious how much better the G Pro is… I’m leaning that way and hoping I don’t regret it. With talk about GTR Revival sim coming in 2024, I can see myself continuing to race even more…
I went to the Fanatec site with every intention of ordering the 8nm bundle. I found the Fanatec Forum livid with quality control and customer service horror stories sufficient to scare me away. Instead I bought a T-248, still quite an upgrade from my T-150. A year later I am quite pleased with my G Pro DD/PSVR2 combo.

When I was in the market you couldn't get a DD pro for love or money. But the TGT2 is pretty damn good although I have a few foibles with mine. When it works I'm ok in A lobbies with it ;)

Edit: I have the T-LCM pedals and wouldn't swap them for the world now. They are the what makes me quick. FFB and feedback are all great but it's the fidelity with your feet that move the car around.

Last edited:
thanks for the video.
You may be able to adapt a G Pro to your older Logitech pedals for $40.

The difference is quite big - smoothness, FB, Trueforce, way better rim. It's a significant upgrade over T300. It will last you for years and you won't feel a need to upgrade, I can't say the same about T300.

The difference is quite big - smoothness, FB, Trueforce, way better rim. It's a significant upgrade over T300. It will last you for years and you won't feel a need to upgrade, I can't say the same about T300.
They all do their job, but i notice i am having a LOT more fun racing with the Pro than my old belt driven Fanatec wheel. Just depends on having the spare cash. The force feedback is so very different compared to belt driven wheels and it feels like i am in an arcade when battling the forces (at 7.5 Newton meter now).

Went with the G Pro, I’d say no regrets besides the price, few hundred less and I’d be telling everybody GET THE G PRO!

Never happened with forced cooling on, and on 4-2 setting for GT7, even after long sessions.

Better spend that price difference on VR2.
sensible solution

I bought Logitech GT Force™ Pro for GT4,
Upgrading from GT5 to T500RS until now,
Added PSVR for GTS (for the first time using VR devices),
I bought a T300 because the T500 was damaged, and finally went back to the T500.
Recently tried DD pro briefly on GT7,

DD is really great, the feeling of upgrading is bigger than GTFP to T500RS, but, it is only a quality improvement after all.

Turning into VR... It belongs to a leap forward of different dimensions, the change of game immersion/introduction is like changing from PAD to wheel, from plane to 3D space.

I have not been able to own PS5+PSV2, and I am waiting for PS5 to support T500, which is my key to enter PSVR2.

Back