T3PA braking set up

United Kingdom
Essex, UK
I have just got a new pedal set, T3PA with brake mod in place. I dont seem to be able to brake any harder than 50% pushing as hard as I dare to.
I am using a PS5 and T150 wheel.
Would be grateful for any set up advice. Thanks in advance.

I have just got a new pedal set, T3PA with brake mod in place. I dont seem to be able to brake any harder than 50% pushing as hard as I dare to.
I am using a PS5 and T150 wheel.
Would be grateful for any set up advice. Thanks in advance.
I have the same setup, I started off with the mod but ended up taking it off as it takes far too much effort to brake properly.

My simple answer is remove the mod and use muscle memory to trail brake

I have the same pedals and don’t use the mod either. I did end up getting new springs for the gas and brake pedals to make them a bit stiffer though, I just put the clutch spring in my brake instead. :)

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.ricmotech.com/spring-upgrade-thrustmaster-t3pa-pro-pedals?amp=1

Edit: As for he 50% braking, were you driving for a bit before you put the brake mod in? To be more specific, did your brake pedal travel the full distance in game before you put the mod in? If so, just unlpug your wheel and plug it back in, that will reset the pedals. And then the mod/stopper will be 100% brake.

Last edited:
At most I can get 50% braking with the mod in place.
I have the same pedals and don’t use the mod either. I did end up getting new springs for the gas and brake pedals to make them a bit stiffer though, I just put the clutch spring in my brake instead. :)

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.ricmotech.com/spring-upgrade-thrustmaster-t3pa-pro-pedals?amp=1

Edit: As for he 50% braking, were you driving for a bit before you put the brake mod in? To be more specific, did your brake pedal travel the full distance in game before you put the mod in? If so, just unlpug your wheel and plug it back in, that will reset the pedals. And then the mod/stopper will be 100% brake.
Yes, then put the rubber mod on. I will have another look tomorrow.

The brake cone is adjustable press down on your brake pedal the losing the nut on the brake cone turn it in so you just touch the tip to the pedal that is 0% brake. Now turn the brake cone out for the brake pressure you are looking for to to have 100% Brake Locke up when applying pressure.

Last edited:
The brake cone is adjustable press down on your brake pedal the losing the nut on the brake cone turn it in so you just touch the tip to the pedal that is 100% brake. Now turn the brake cone out for the brake pressure you are looking for to to have 100% Brake Locke up.
You would have to do that every single time you played the game and even then I'm still not sure it would work. The game has an inbuilt calibration tool that adjusts to the length of your press. The problem is that the calibration tool does not deactivate after you initially do your calibration (which is done every time you start the game and use the pedals), so with the brake mod in, every time you press the brake a little harder the game resets the calibration of your pedals to that new level. This is well documented in several threads on this forum.

This is one solution a member (sorry I don't recall your name to give you credit :embarrassed:) here came up with to alleviate the problem.
@Leggacy brake mod.jpg

I can not tell if the yellow cone is adjustable the screw with the arrow looks to be a manual stop of throw of the pedal . Adjust the screw as the stop of 100% than adjust the yellow cone for pressure. I have a TPA3 pro the only adjustment is the cone pressure. You should only have to adjust it one time if you are driving on a PS4 console.
The PC I have not master it and have no clue why you have to adjust before every start up of game.

Last edited:
After thinking , if the yellow cone is not adjustable and the screw is the only adjustment the screw needs to be adjusted in for the yellow cone to make contact with the pedal for pressure adjustment and stop.

After thinking , if the yellow cone is not adjustable and the screw is the only adjustment the screw needs to be adjusted in for the yellow cone to make contact with the pedal for pressure adjustment and stop.
In GT Sport the brake pressure is measured every time you press the brake pedal and adjusted to the distance of the hardest press of your pedal due to it the auto calibration feature. This causes the brake pressure you have to use to change over the course of a racing session and it becomes increasingly harder to reach 100% brake pressure.... unless you can adapt to pressing the brake at exactly the same pressure/distance every time. The solution in the picture I posted is of a hard stop which physically stops the brake pedal from travelling any further so there's no risk of the pedals continually recalibrating during a racing session. The distance and adjustment of the brake mod doesn't matter in this case.

The newer T-LCM's don't have this issue as they have external software that you can use to alter and save your calibration settings, unfortunately the T3PA's don't.

I can not tell if the yellow cone is adjustable the screw with the arrow looks to be a manual stop of throw of the pedal . Adjust the screw as the stop of 100% than adjust the yellow cone for pressure. I have a TPA3 pro the only adjustment is the cone pressure. You should only have to adjust it one time if you are driving on a PS4 console.
The PC I have not master it and have no clue why you have to adjust before every start up of game.

the yellow cone was a mod from BBJ sim racing, which I do not recommend unless they have significantly changed the compound because it just cracks after a while. I have a different, rubber isolation cone bought from eBay for £1.50 that is rubber and much closer the to the thrustmaster one.

7FD79CAB-6D27-4FCE-8D32-D0F46B83D51B.jpeg

This is also a view of a set of T3PA pro pedals that are set for inverted. There’s some solutions for your pedals here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/t-gt-pedals-conical-brake-mod-no-calibration.377110/page-2

The hard stop means that when you calibrate the pedals (after the wheel has done its self calibration spin, push all pedals to limits a couple of times. You are all doing that right? :lol:) you have a definite stop, it’s all too easy with the mod to push harder and harder , which will recalibrate the brake pedal each time you push a bit further than the last max value that it recorded. The hard stop gives much better consistent calibration and braking.

Last edited:
You would have to do that every single time you played the game and even then I'm still not sure it would work. The game has an inbuilt calibration tool that adjusts to the length of your press. The problem is that the calibration tool does not deactivate after you initially do your calibration (which is done every time you start the game and use the pedals), so with the brake mod in, every time you press the brake a little harder the game resets the calibration of your pedals to that new level. This is well documented in several threads on this forum.

This is one solution a member (sorry I don't recall your name to give you credit :embarrassed:) here came up with to alleviate the problem.
View attachment 992956
‘Twas I
B4A5669B-F661-4AE0-AE20-03597266B1B2.gif

In GT Sport the brake pressure is measured every time you press the brake pedal and adjusted to the distance of the hardest press of your pedal due to it the auto calibration feature. This causes the brake pressure you have to use to change over the course of a racing session and it becomes increasingly harder to reach 100% brake pressure.... unless you can adapt to pressing the brake at exactly the same pressure/distance every time. The solution in the picture I posted is of a hard stop which physically stops the brake pedal from travelling any further so there's no risk of the pedals continually recalibrating during a racing session. The distance and adjustment of the brake mod doesn't matter in this case.

The newer T-LCM's don't have this issue as they have external software that you can use to alter and save your calibration settings, unfortunately the T3PA's don't.
You lost me on this one my experience with the T3PA-PRO has been you set it up once it doesn’t change . The potentiometer would give the same value on movement all the time . the only change would come from calibration is GTS software. The modifications with the after market yellow cone is the problem , causing no proper pressure adjustment and stop. On my T3PA-PRO pedals set there is only a adjustable cone with a lock nut.

My T3PA-PRO and T-LCM I didn’t download load any updates because I was of the understanding GTS had its own calibration built into the software for Sony PlayStation Sanctions wheels . If you have a PC for gaming then it was necessary for updates.

You lost me on this one my experience with the T3PA-PRO has been you set it up once it doesn’t change . The potentiometer would give the same value on movement all the time . the only change would come from calibration is GTS software. The modifications with the after market yellow cone is the problem , causing no proper pressure adjustment and stop. On my T3PA-PRO pedals set there is only a adjustable cone with a lock nut.

My T3PA-PRO and T-LCM I didn’t download load any updates because I was of the understanding GTS had its own calibration built into the software for Sony PlayStation Sanctions wheels . If you have a PC for gaming then it was necessary for updates.
All PlayStation games do not calibrate the pedals until you have pushed them to the limits, you should do this after the wheel calibrates it’s self by spinning lock to lock. It says so in the thrustmaster instructions, not may people read that part.

Thank you for the replies
I will try again tonight when back home.
I seem to recall the playstation going into rest mode, but didn't unplug the wheel at any stage.
I put the old pedals back on with no issues and worked fine

Last edited:

You might be right. But If we like to think that GTS as a simulator not a game the software it telling us that our brakes are over heating and introducing brake fade as would happen on a real race car. When you race and use less braking the software should recalculate the brakes back to 100% when they cooled down. Also you have ABS braking that will not let you lock up your bakes at any time when set on full ABS. Your pedal set will only adjust to 0% brakes to 100% brakes and the pressure applied to achieve it. The software like GTS will do the calculations to show the results

You might be right. But If we like to think that GTS as a simulator not a game the software it telling us that our brakes are over heating and introducing brake fade as would happen on a real race car. When you race and use less braking the software should recalculate the brakes back to 100% when they cooled down. Also you have ABS braking that will not let you lock up your bakes at any time when set on full ABS. Your pedal set will only adjust to 0% brakes to 100% brakes and the pressure applied to achieve it. The software like GTS will do the calculations to show the results
But it is software that's causing this, not any type of simulation. Warm brakes shouldn't carry over from one car to the next ;)

If you have T-LCM's (like me) you really should try the calibration software. It opens up a whole new world of adjustments, especially in conjunction with the different spring and washer combinations. https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t-lcm-pedals-en/

Last edited:
All PlayStation games do not calibrate the pedals until you have pushed them to the limits, you should do this after the wheel calibrates it’s self by spinning lock to lock. It says so in the thrustmaster instructions, not may people read that part.
The
But it is software that's causing this, not any type of simulation. Warm brakes shouldn't carry over from one car to the next ;)

If you have T-LCM's (like me) you really should try the calibration software. It opens up a whole new world of adjustments, especially in conjunction with the different spring and washer combinations. https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t-lcm-pedals-en/

Right now I am ok with my braking with T-LCM I am waiting for the PS5 and GT7 to stop bad habits that I might be overlooking with my GTS driving. The load cell I am not disappointed it was money well spent. My brake foot is doing the happy dance.

None of the calibration settings you make in a PC carry over to the console. On console all calibration is/should be done manually by the wheel itself, Turing left/right and by you pushing the pedals the the extremes so that the console can register the maximum input.

*if your wheel calibrates off centre, manually turn the wheel lock to lock and it will now register correctly.

None of the calibration settings you make in a PC carry over to the console. On console all calibration is/should be done manually by the wheel itself, Turing left/right and by you pushing the pedals the the extremes so that the console can register the maximum input.

*if your wheel calibrates off centre, manually turn the wheel lock to lock and it will now register correctly.
The T-LCM pedals work differently to any other TM pedals so the setups do stay. It's very easy to notice when you change something on the PC and go back to GT Sport... and no more problems of braking being a moving target :D

I think you have it right with the console and PC for calibration. My experience with my t300 wheel after firmware update I had pick the T500 to work with DriveClub . I now have a T-GT when updated it stop working all together . I took it back for a replacement I decided not to update firmware on the replacement and it’s has been working great with GTS. (I Have not use it with any PC gaming , my console PS4-Pro is dedicated for online racing it’s all I need )

The T-LCM pedals work differently to any other TM pedals so the setups do stay. It's very easy to notice when you change something on the PC and go back to GT Sport... and no more problems of braking being a moving target :D
I forgot to mention that when updating the pedal base it's not connected to the wheel so the T-LCM settings don't save to the wheelbase, they have their own separate calibration tool and software that saves to the actual pedal set. By being more of standalone product is probably how they get around the calibration issues.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that when updating the pedal base it's not connected to the wheel so the T-LCM settings don't save to the wheelbase, they have their own separate calibration tool and software that saves to the actual pedal set. By being more of standalone product is probably how they get around the calibration issues.

Ahh, I’m still in the ghetto with my T500 and stock pro pedals. I don’t really know about this new fangled tech :lol:

I’ll probably update my set up when it brakes but in 6 years it’s only let out a tiny bit of magic smoke once... it’s been fine since.

Ahh, I’m still in the ghetto with my T500 and stock pro pedals. I don’t really know about this new fangled tech :lol:

I’ll probably update my set up when it brakes but in 6 years it’s only let out a tiny bit of magic smoke once... it’s been fine since.
Hey if you have the rubber cone adapter that can make magic.

I think you have it right with the console and PC for calibration. My experience with my t300 wheel after firmware update I had pick the T500 to work with DriveClub . I now have a T-GT when updated it stop working all together . I took it back for a replacement I decided not to update firmware on the replacement and it’s has been working great with GTS. (I Have not use it with any PC gaming , my console PS4-Pro is dedicated for online racing it’s all I need )

I’ve never updated my T-GT. Main reason because I use Macs, and I simply can’t. But it seems to work just fine.

I’ve never updated my T-GT. Main reason because I use Macs, and I simply can’t. But it seems to work just fine.
Me to I have a PC and a Mac min the PC has been updated to for IRacing 4yrs ago it was crap then and replace with the PS4-Pro and now I am waiting for PS5.

Last edited:
Back