Status
Not open for further replies.

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
You guys may have noticed I have been not as active on GTP or rather, involved with my series of late. Personal life has caught up immensely these past few weeks and so I will be slowly pulling plugs on the TOCA & FRL umbrella over the next few months should things continue as they are.

But one thing I can confirm is TOCA8 - or as I am going to refer to it: T8CA (see what I did there, witty eh? No? awww....). After my little trip to Italy, the full launch will be done. This thread is open early (even by my standards) as I won't be on GTP those two weeks.

So for T8CA what can be expected?

~The old 8 week, 3 race format will remain for the season. No need to break a trademark of the TOCA Series.

~There are going to be 8 manufacturers again. But I can confirm Suzuki won't be back.

~Calendar should remain mostly the same, Autumn Ring out however, Grand Valley East Reverse in. Also ONE more even is likely to be dropped.

~There is ONE key change this season, which will be documented and profiled.

So any other questions, comments, suggestions?

Doors open to all of you, past and present to drop in and give your opinions and advice. Lets get's TOCA's final era off to a flying start!

Furinkazen :gtpflag:

~CAR LIST~
Audi TT 3.2
BMW 1 Series tii
Ford Focus ST
Honda CRZ
Infiniti Coupe
Mazda Atenza
Peugeot 207
Volkswagen Golf Mk6

Last edited:
Whilst I love the Nurburgring Nordschleife, it is not suited to this racing.

Best of luck with the season 8, I may make the odd show, but S7 is my last full time drive in TOCA 👍

neljack
Best of luck with the season 8, I may make the odd show, but S7 is my last full time drive in TOCA 👍

Good luck with whatever your going to do. Its been nice being in a team with you:-).

Neither the Nordschleife, nor Le Mans is really suited for this series. Le Mans just emphasizes any disparity in top speeds and the Nordschleife is just too narrow for people trying to go three wide into a corner. No offense to anyone in particular. :sly:

I would STRONGLY suggest going back to Racing Hards, if the race length stays as it is, because it makes balancing the cars much easier. Quite some of this season's controversy comes from the fact that tyre wear is much more of a factor and what is fairly balanced at the beginning of the race, is not in the end.

Neither the Nordschleife, nor Le Mans is really suited for this series. Le Mans just emphasizes any disparity in top speeds and the Nordschleife is just too narrow for people trying to go three wide into a corner. No offense to anyone in particular. :sly:

I would STRONGLY suggest going back to Racing Hards, if the race length stays as it is, because it makes balancing the cars much easier. Quite some of this season's controversy comes from the fact that tyre wear is much more of a factor and what is fairly balanced at the beginning of the race, is not in the end.

I agree that it has been a major talking point, at same time however RWD's have had some tyre wear as well. It's made races more of a test and put more emphasis on set up and tuning - a slower driver with a better set up can come good in the end.

:lol:

Ok, confirmed schedule at moment:

03 Grand Valley East Reverse

Confirmed car list:

Grand Valley East? Racing hards? No Suzuki?

I'll take my Volvo... Wait, this isn't that thread. Not a plug. Just close to one.

Stop copying. :lol: :sly:

T8CA? Seriously? :rolleyes:

You didn't use 7oCA, but you're willing to use T8CA now? :dopey: You know 8 represents B and not O, right? :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back