Tablets(and Android Smartphone sideloads and Bluestacks on PC&Mac)Only, How Does That Make You Feel?

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 383 comments

only a few people can use the app. How does this make you feel?

• It makes me feel cheated. PD should make the app available for everyone.

• I have an iPad, it works for me, so meh. I don't care about the whiners.

• I guess I feel sad about it, I really wanted to try it.

• Looks like I'm getting a tablet..

• All this time I was hyped for this feature. Now I'm unsure anout my future and Gran Turismo.

• ??? What do you mean not all of us can use the app?

• I'll just emu it when it works. I really don't care that much.

• Meh!

• If it comes to other devices, I'll be really glad. I want to use my smartphone and/or PC.

Results are only viewable after voting.

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z
The Course Maker seems to be for tablets only, how does this make you feel? What is PDs reason for this, and what could we expect down the road? PC/Mac support(browser based), smartphone support, and maybe in-game editor?

For me it feels like a kick in the groin. We have waited for so long and a lot of us don't have a tablet.
I really hope PD makes it for smartphones too. Or at least browser support.

EDIT: so Android guys have worked around it and can now use it on their smartphones, and for PC/Mac users, Bluestacks works. But this isn't the right way to do it imo, but it works.

Mart, out.

Last edited:
Won't help to share them if you can't make them, haha. I bet I speak for all of the non-tablet users here by saying that. I will get a cheap china tablet if this is the case.

I'm probably jumping the gun on this but:

rsmoe.jpg

To be fair, only Apple has been confirmed for tablets only. And nobody official has said anything about it being in the game.

I'm probably jumping the gun on this but:

rsmoe.jpg
Sums me up perfectly. I seriously do not own a tablet or Ipad. :(

The concept really is great though. Oh well at least a couple years later the feature has finally arrived for those that can use it. Looking forward to seeing some of the tracks that members come up with.

This whole tablet idea takes Course Maker into another realm altogether.
We got CM on the go now.
Newtonian physics make way for quantum reality - and as soon as we involve GPS that's what we'll be doing.
Obviously we have to pay the piper for the additional weaponry - so like it or not, if I'm going to enjoy fiddling with CM I'm going to have to swallow the pill and get myself a tablet.
I was thinking of one anyway . . ..

I have a smartphone and I've been thinking about getting a tablet but I still think it's a terrible idea to release a game app for tablet-only, ideally the app should be available for PCs too.
Sharing tracks being limited to friend-only is another bad idea, MNR had a much better sharing system 5 years ago before GT5 was released.

This seems like another one of those situations where it would be really great if PD paid attention to what other developers are doing and try to implement good features from other games into GT.

Lol claaaaaaic PD.... I'm super surprised it doesn't have to be a tablet with a Nissan attached to it.

But seriously excellent point about the price of tablets they're cheap these days

Should have been a PC app as well, I sold my 10" Android tablet which would have been great but I now use a Venue 8 pro. Can't see myself outing money for a cheap android tablet, I've already bought 3 PS3s for GT alone, not investing any more money this gen.

I'm glad that my mother owns a tablet that she barely uses.

It'll be easy for me to use it, so I'm not fussed.

Same here. Well, kinda. My mom uses hers but has good 4 hour periods or so when she is not using it. Even if, I'm sure I can find a cheap one on Ebay or Amazon somewhere.

Yeah, and my op said IF, not that it is 100% certain it will be for tablets. Just if. :)

Yet your title (which will be seen first before the OP) Just reads "Tablets Only, How Does That Make You Feel?" Some confusion considering the unconfirmed nature of this news can be quelled if your Thread tile matches your OP.

Well, I have an iPad so I'm covered, but I really do wonder/worry how accessible this will be for non-tablet users.
Read my post above. Everyone who really wants to and has a PC made in the last 3-5 years should be able to use it, even if it's tablet exclusive. Android emulation isn't too difficult to set up.

Back