TAG Heuer Branding Disappears From Gran Turismo Sport

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, May 22, 2020.

1. O604

O604

I don't consider GTS as one of the racing games. To me it's more of a car appreciation culture. With online racing features.

Today we lost Heuer advertising but gained a Gr. 3 Mazda. Mazda wins.

Just my opinion but I think it's a poor move by Heuer. They get more targeted exposure, especially in Asia by association with GT than the outdated "official" image they are trying to create.

CTznOfTime and fikridroid like this.
  2. CarRacer08

CarRacer08

This reminds me of Tron.

AgentBlackDog and StealthVel like this.
  3. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

47437EF2-ED98-47FD-BD31-AC38B9AE1FE6.png Hopefully we get a update that includes thousandths or millionths.

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Premium

Welp, a majority of my liveries use a TAG Heuer decal, I guess those have been removed.

5. ASH32

ASH32

They have not been removed, it is just everything else that has gone. ;)

6. Racerx_34

Racerx_34

The liveries will be fine.
    Unfortunately it looks like you won't be able to make anymore.

I was wondering, with TH sponsoring Formula E (rFactor2) and Red Bull Racing (Formula 1 2019)
    if there was going to be some fallout down the line from all these sim racing allegiences cropping up in 2020.

Maybe this is part of it.

Retweeted by TH

Retweeted by TH

Retweeted by TH

AgentBlackDog and Pigems like this.
  7. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

PS2 days Rolex content isnt gone because those days isn't exactly a day of downloading patches.

PS3 days contents isn't gone because it ingrained so much into the game in form of track (Top Gear), Car (Formula 1), and full feature (MoTEC). So instead PD will implement the new license term on the next game, like those first two being removed in GT6 and last being removed in GTSport.

Tag Heuer is literally advertising. It only gives cosmetic and UI things to the game. Removing one brand central, admittedly cool sport waiting UI, and some logo isn't exactly the same as removing entire Car, Track, and Features. And I think it's already being known and agreed by both the licensee and PD.

8. tankuroded

tankuroded

When Seiko was advertised as GT's official timer, they had a disclaimer in the licensing credit:

9. NoStopN

NoStopN

I bought a new Citizen Corso last year. It's my first Citizen brand watch. It's the most expensive watch I've bought that wasn't a smart watch. It also just tells time & recharges through any light source that shines on it. And it just looks dignified, without being gaudy.

CTznOfTime, Pigems and MIE1992 like this.
  10. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

Considering how old the GT series is they should use Fossil

11. Nowax

Nowax

Much better than the Tag Heuer clock.

CTznOfTime and queleuleu like this.
  12. Trone_Colby

Trone_Colby

I liked the clock. What they should bring back is the views of your car while you wait. I miss that.

13. Doomotron

Doomotron

Reminds me of the PS2, I just wish there was a bit more going on.

EDIT: I think what would be cool is if the blue line changed in a way depending on the beat of the music, although it wouldn't work with quite a few of GTS' menu tracks!

fikridroid and Nowax like this.
  14. davidt33

davidt33

Au contraire. TAG-Heuer watches are actually top notch. I owned one. Never missed a beat. Best watch I ever owned and really miss it.

15. 05XR8

05XR8

Based this one from the Dempsey VISITFLORIDA.COM IMSA RX-8
    [​IMG]

16. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

The decals are still in game, I checked yesterday.

17. AgentBlackDog

AgentBlackDog

Add in the ambiance and it's complete.

18. Gozie5

Gozie5

The fact that the new loading screen looks rushed suggests that GTS did not prepare or expect this to happen.

I do believe CV19 had a role to play in this.

19. omgsean1

omgsean1

This.

20. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

What a shame. The old loading screen was one of my favourite quirks of GT Sport. The intricate details of the watch and seeing the hands move was something of an art form to me.

21. ThruxtonGT

ThruxtonGT

I was tagged this story from Facebook, I know it’s secondhand news but I only just clocked it.
    Amazed as they seemed such an integral part of the game. I wonder if PD just thought it was time for a change or if time was up on the contract. I guess we just watch what comes next time.
    Peace.

22. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

What you did there... I see it...

Auto motors and silverman_GT like this.
  23. davidt33

davidt33

Event winners would surely be missing out on a great watch.

KepleroGT, Auto motors and CTznOfTime like this.
  24. JayRS200

JayRS200

Correct they do make a decent watch and have some real classics. Not as overpriced as Rolex. But interestingly the TAG 1887 chronograph movement is a Seiko movement.

I've had 100s of watches from nearly every brand including microbrands. Would love to see Citizen as a sponsor. They do make the most accurate quartz watch in the world after all.

Wearing my Seiko Tuna right now but prefer Citizen over all as a company.

[​IMG]

Anyhoo... Kinda sad to see TAG go and no replacement? But I would understand if TAG pulled out because of the negativity surrounding PD at the moment. Were TAG also part of the penalty system XD

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    CTznOfTime likes this.
  25. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

I think GTS is slowly dying. Partnerships expire and GT7 is imminent.

Calmlity, Gtsport28 and TokoTurismo like this.
  26. JayRS200

JayRS200

Pretty sure the Renault Nissan alliance are one of the biggest sponsors. If not then PD sure are doing them a free service!

27. AlanH49

AlanH49

Let’s not forget. The major reason driving games go out of print and removed from digital stores is expired licenses.

GTS will remain a major seller for at least a couple of years on PS4. That’s before considering PS5 Backwards Compatibility. Until GT7 arrives Sony will want to keep selling GTS on PSN.

Keeping GTS upto date in terms of licenses also opens up the possibility of a PS+ release. No better way to boost user numbers and promote GT7.

Canucks_9419 likes this.
  28. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

IMHO, timepiece sponsorization is more of a one way street benefit to the timemaker.... not so much for Sony and the players except for the gifts being given by the timemaker.

Right now given the financial crisis and world circumstance, i believe the retraction from TagHeuer is mainly due to their inability / unwillingness to support any further something that they dont see as valuable for them anymore...

The number of players jumping on to buy TagHeuer watches due to sponsorship is probably very low.

I personally dont care if there is any and which timemaker is the sponsor with GT... because i think time can be kept track with high accuracy no matter who the timepiece sponsor, if any at all... the computer does that best.

Sponsorship for timemaker in any live event is the same... It's only for the survival of the timemaker... nothing else.

If TagHeuer retracts themselves, then it only means that they see more value for them to no longer be part of the GT environment...

More sponsor is better sure, but not necessarily needed.

Last edited: May 26, 2020 at 1:38 AM
    GregOr1971 likes this.
  29. KilzoneStrife

KilzoneStrife

Perhaps, Seiko is back as a sponsor in GT7

30. Marky264

Marky264

The Lap Timer Noise has gone... was this really a TAG Heur Official Sound that has gone away with the Sponsor? It’s really off putting not knowing what lap I’ve started when I’m focusing on an Apex, I’m hoping it’s just a bug that’ll get fixed as it’s just silent now when finishing laps...