Tail of the Dragon REMASTERED

Tail of the Dragon REMASTERED V 2.20

Dominican Republic
Atlanta, GA
SolidSnake7735
SolidSnake7735 submitted a new resource:

Tail of the Dragon - Based on road in Deal's Gap, Tennessee (1:1)

This course is based n the legendary motorcycle road in Tennessee. It is 1:1 scale, and the elevation is accurate - in terma of where the ups and downs are.

Because this road is incredibly complex (advertised as 318 curves in 11 miles), it is nearly impossible to achieve 100% accuracy using the very limited Track Path Editor for GT6.

This is a work in progress. The end result will likely be missing many corners, but I will do my best to achieve a very loyal rendition of the road. Having...

Read more about this resource...

SolidSnake7735 updated Tail of the Dragon with a new update entry:

Smoothness.

The course has been smoothened out significantly. The accuracy to the real course has diminished slightly. Then again, it's impossible to recreate all 318 corners over the 11 miles of Deal's Gap.

NOTE:
I may end up deleting this track altogether and just focusing on a shorter 2-4 mile-section of this road in order to recreate it as accurately and detailed as possible.

Enjoy and please review.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nice, I cant wait to get another PS3 to get back online. I still have a nice canyon road on Blustacks that needs released. Now with Erans tool this should be super awesome. It's nice to see this because the last version of deals gaps on eifel wasn't enough.

Nice, I cant wait to get another PS3 to get back online. I still have a nice canyon road on Blustacks that needs released. Now with Erans tool this should be super awesome. It's nice to see this because the last version of deals gaps on eifel wasn't enough.

To be honest, I'm not all that satisfied with this version, although it if considerably better than most Deak's Gaps I've seen. Not just saying they because it's my creation, but I'm not too happy with it anyway.

Having driven in the real road over the summer, I have firsthand knowledge of the pass. And it's literally impossible to recreate all 11 miles with the tools at hand ... of only we could remove the limit for anchors.

What I'm thinking about doing eventually is just taking one section, 2-4 miles, and go HAM on that lol.

SolidSnake7735 updated Tail of the Dragon with a new update entry:

Final Version

After plenty of testing in online lobbies, the course has gotten a lot of feedback. The changes made to this version remedy a few issues noted with the course, and added 2 missing corners.

The course is still not 100% authentic to the real Deal's Gap due fo the complexity of the pass and the limitations encounter in the TPE.

I believe this to be the most authentic rendition of the course on GT6. If anyone finds another impressive replica, link me to it. :cheers:

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest Posts

Back