GoPro: "Monster" Tajima - E-Runner Pikes Peak Special 2013 Practice Run

Times:
Bronze: 1:08
Silver: 1:03
Gold: 1:01

Prizes:
Bronze: Cr.15,000
Silver: Cr.22,000
Gold: Cr.43,000 + GT Pastel tone 004-W paint chip.

Tajima E-runner Pike's Peak Special courtesy car provided in-event.

SRF is OPTIONAL in Driving Options menu. Tires: SS
Brake Bias is set to 5/5, not adjustable via RA menu.

Tuning not applicable for event.

A pic of Tajima E-runner Pike's Peak Special @ Eiger is welcomed to dress up OP. :D
In event more than 1 is provided, I'll combine them, or do a collage graphic.

----------------------------------------------
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
— Ayrton Senna

Last edited:
Mother of god drift machine! tis got to have over 2000 Nm of torque! 58.182 with 4 big black lines through corner 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8!:lol:

Sports Tires!?! Can't even hit 1:02 what the hell....unless it's Racing Hard that comes with it!

Last edited:
Any tips or tricks for people who are not so experienced and playing on DS3 because I really want that paint but I can't break 1:02 time :(

Any tips or tricks for people who are not so experienced and playing on DS3 because I really want that paint but I can't break 1:02 time :(

Not got gold yet myself, but brake early! It is very fast :dopey:. Watch out for the revs not dropping too - it seemed to me that there is little 'engine' braking so it sits at the revs where you let off the brakes. This was making me run wide, I had to dab the brakes again. Good Luck.

The first few hairpins are definitely the most important corners on the track. All you need to do is get them right and you should have a gold 👍

i will be happy when i break the minute,just a tad off
edit got it by 3 thou, this will do me

Last edited:

The lines on Eiger are very difficult to nail down. I downloaded the ghost replay of the leader and just did my best to cling on to the back bumper of that yellow line. Having someone to follow through those complex sections helps up top. (I still can't figure out that stupid sweeper at the bottom of the track, though.) Good luck!

Holy dung this was hard to gold without SRF. Came up a full second short without handbrake (it's rather hard to use HB on DS3 - at least for me). Took a lot of practise with the handbrake and a LOT of restarts to get it, but ended up with a 1.00.615. One of the best and most satisfying laps I have driven to date.

I find using the handbrake difficult an awkward on a DS3. So to do the hairpins I would just run slightly wide on the approach to the corner, dip my tyre into the grass on the left, brake, and that would turn me in.

Holy dung this was hard to gold without SRF. Came up a full second short without handbrake (it's rather hard to use HB on DS3 - at least for me). Took a lot of practise with the handbrake and a LOT of restarts to get it, but ended up with a 1.00.615. One of the best and most satisfying laps I have driven to date.
Congrats man, for me it's the first seasonal where I had to join the dark side. I failed to be faster than 1:01.6xx without SRF, the car feels like its got a permanently locked lsd and was understeering at every possibility...I don't e-brake, so probably could find some time once i master that.

Car feels so much more drivable on SRF, first try on SRF was a 59.352 where I'm gonna leave it at. Kind of disappointed in myself not being able to gold it without SRF thought. Hard to believe that SRF makes the car handle like a goddess...

Same here! I thought I was driving badly until I realised: Sports tires on a race car!?!

Just ran a 58.984 with SRF which puts me inside the top 100 and 3rd among the Brits who've ran with a DS3. ;)

Latest Posts

Back