Take on Dan Greenawalt in Forza 7 November Bounty Hunter

Another 1:37:2XX here, phew! I even managed a dirty 1:36:9XX, but that was a lap ruined from the beginning due to a rewind in the 3rd corner, the game wouldn't let me rewind until after the finish line, so the whole lap was in vain, ouch.
I hate when that happens. Some of my best laps are run when I already have a dirty lap. I think that’s because I’m a lot more aggressive on some turns, because I know I have nothing to lose. It sucks when you cross the line though, and realize it would of been great if not for the exclamation point.

Yeah this is bringing back some terrible memories of that last bounty hunter from FM6. I've come to terms that I'm not beating the man himself.

Why make it so hard to win cars that are already in the game? 700 cars? Well you gotta beat the big boss of the series to get these right here!

I shouldn't have to be near pro to get already in game cars, right?

Yeah this is bringing back some terrible memories of that last bounty hunter from FM6. I've come to terms that I'm not beating the man himself.

Why make it so hard to win cars that are already in the game? 700 cars? Well you gotta beat the big boss of the series to get these right here!

I shouldn't have to be near pro to get already in game cars, right?

I wish they went back to how they did it in FM4 as it seemed much more fun. They had the person run their lap right at the beginning and that was it. I’m not a fan of them being able to set new times, even if it is more fair.

I wish they went back to how they did it in FM4 as it seemed much more fun. They had the person run their lap right at the beginning and that was it. I’m not a fan of them being able to set new times, even if it is more fair.

IIRC, the FM4 ones also had people improving? I could be wrong though.

I suppose it depends on how T10 handles the Lykan and 612 in the future. If they pop up in the Specialty Dealer or Forzathon, then that'll be fine IMO — this would've just been a timed exclusive. No matter what they do to "game-ify" getting some cars, portions of the community won't like it. I never really liked the Unicorn approach in the 360 era, because they became essentially impossible to get once T10 stopped doing community events. Ideally, there should be a way to earn them within the game even if you're not connected to the servers, but those days look further and further in the past.

I liked earning rare cars through events in classic GTs and Forzas, but I guess those sorts of approaches just won't happen much anymore.

At least this wasn't as hard as the Newgarden challenge...

I was thinking about improving my time enough to try and beat him, but really I've realised that I simply do not like or care about the Lykan Hypersport enough to try. I do wish it was a single time though, although the idea is to get people playing the game so it makes sense to force people to keep coming back to beat their new time.

If my memory serves me right,in FM4 people aslo had time to improve they times.
Oh,and i beat Dan after 26 laps finally :D
Im using gamepad layout nymber 8 i think,where gas A and brakes X (due to injury cant use any other gamepad layout),so i have no control over gas and im using ABS,on technical tracks i have hard time

I hate when that happens. Some of my best laps are run when I already have a dirty lap. I think that’s because I’m a lot more aggressive on some turns, because I know I have nothing to lose. It sucks when you cross the line though, and realize it would of been great if not for the exclamation point.

Yes, it always happens. It's half bad luck and half your own brain. I think that is true, somehow, the unconscious knows there is nothing to lose, so it unlocks the best you can give without thinking, it's like when the ghost of a rival is on and it also affects your performance. Who knew lapping would be that deep... :lol:

IIRC, the FM4 ones also had people improving? I could be wrong though.

I looked it up and apparently the CJ Wilson thing I was thinking of was a “King of the Mountain” competition which was ran alongside the Bounty Hunter competition, which was something to do with liveries in the early FM4 days.

T10 really has a knack for being inconsistent, don’t they. :lol:

4 laps, no assists and cold hands on the controller: still got a 1.36.6

Job’s done, let’s see if any of these reward cars are good enough to replace what I already use in their respective Divisons.

Have they started giving out the price cars yet?

I didn’t why that happened either. It was frustrating me. I found that if I don’t go off track during or after the last corner then the next lap won’t be deemed dirty.

I got to agree. Resetting times makes me not want to try again, but then there's the bragging rights of saying I beat Greenawalt in his own game, so... That's a motivator. To be honest, I don't care about what the prize cars are.

Have they started giving out the price cars yet?

I didn’t why that happened either. It was frustrating me. I found that if I don’t go off track during or after the last corner then the next lap won’t be deemed dirty.

I haven’t gotten any prize cars yet, it may only be after tomorrow when the event ends.

Yeah, if you run off the track during the last sector of the lap, be sure to use rewind or your next lap will be dirty right away.

4 laps, no assists and cold hands on the controller: still got a 1.36.6

Job’s done, let’s see if any of these reward cars are good enough to replace what I already use in their respective Divisons.
Just chased your ghost for a few laps PJ and just managed to nudge ahead of you. Might try and see if I can get into the 35's

Just chased your ghost for a few laps PJ and just managed to nudge ahead of you. Might try and see if I can get into the 35's
I’m done, not a fan of untuned cars when they’re that heavy :)

I think I’d have another half second in it if I pushed hard enough, but my goal was to beat Dan’s final time and I’ve checked out of this event now.

I’m done, not a fan of untuned cars when they’re that heavy :)

I think I’d have another half second in it if I pushed hard enough, but my goal was to beat Dan’s final time and I’ve checked out of this event now.
Yeah, I wouldn't ordinarily drive a car like that, not my cup of tea, but actually enjoyed it once I altered my driving style. Managed a 36.1xx, still plenty of time to come off that but I'm done to. Look forward to seeing what the prize is.

1:36:751 is my best as of now. No assists other than just Manual. I'm sure I could shave a bit more off of that but there is really no since in doing so. I found the Mustang really manageable. Quite surprising really.

Yeah, I wouldn't ordinarily drive a car like that, not my cup of tea, but actually enjoyed it once I altered my driving style. Managed a 36.1xx, still plenty of time to come off that but I'm done to. Look forward to seeing what the prize is.
The prize for beating Dans time in the Lykan Hypersport. 👍

Got a 01:37.043... Somehow. Apparently in FM7 "slow in, fast out" works flawlessly. I'm not even going to bother trying to get in the 36s.

Car's plenty of fun, I should take it for a spin more often!

P.S. @PJTierney, what in hell is that suit you're wearing? It's horrible. :lol:

Well this Bounty Hunter event has ended, and I was not successful in beating Dan Greenawalts time. I'm not too bummed out about it. I discovered that I am not that fast, unless I have Ghosts on. Thinking about it, it's kind of a big assist using it, and without it I was a full 3 seconds slower. But I did improve a great deal without the option switched on. I learned braking points, I can use on my own, and I think I have a better method to improve my times. This was a great experience for me.

"Forza 7 Servers can't be reached..."
Great...when I start the game it says "you received a gift" but then I can't open it - how frustrating!

The Scaglietti proportions are so odd... But its great to have it fully modelled, it even has animated paddle shifters in cockpit view!

I thought the same thing when I saw my first 612 in person.

Can anyone tell me what the new cars in the Specialty Dealership for the new week?

Back