Taking forever to install update.

  • Thread starter Thread starter NAVYMST3R
  • 9 comments
  • 822 views
Messages
4
United States
United States
I had to install the new 1.09 update because all my memory got wiped put it took at least 4 hours to do the ps3 install and it is stuck on 510 minutes what do I do and is this normal?
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
For me the instal took a very long time, and the time it said it would take kept counting up instead of down.

Watch TV or go to bed, if it doesn't work try again tomorrow.
 
Thank you for replying I might just go to bed and see if it's done when I wake up
 
I find the inaccurate approximate install times very obnoxious.
 
I find the inaccurate approximate install times very obnoxious.

This is pretty normal for the PS3, the update is huge with it's 2,1 GB (!!!)

I downloaded a game once and it took me 2 days (50 hours)
 
I have Verizon FiOS. After one hour it is only at 60% and that is just for the first screen. I feel bad for people who still use 56k modems or whatever that's taking them a day or more. How is that even possible in 2014?
 
I have Verizon FiOS. After one hour it is only at 60% and that is just for the first screen. I feel bad for people who still use 56k modems or whatever that's taking them a day or more. How is that even possible in 2014?

This is about install, not download.

You're no longer accessing the internet when the install starts, it's unpacking the update and copying it onto your HDD.

OT: My DL took 90 minutes, but the install is almost stuck it's going so slow...
 
Oh crap, my last download took 3hrs & that was a baby one
guess I'll be cutting the grass tomorrow!!!
 
My downloads don't take anytime at all, its the installs. I started installing 1.09 a couple days ago and it took 6 hours.
 
Back