taking pictures of backfire

• Thread starter moar_powaaa
  • 871 comments
Id like to differ... when using an SD cable on my 50" LED TV, the backfire comes up in the replay and when taking a picture, but not in the picture. Take the same picture with the same camera settings using an HDMI cable, the backfire shows up in the actual picture.
Did you change the cables while still in photomode, or switch cables and repeat the replay?

Crooooooow
Did you change the cables while still in photomode, or switch cables and repeat the replay?

Switch after taking picture... its not that hard..my replay is of me driving my car on Route X and at 15 seconds I downshift... 5 seconds later, I repeat process.. my first picture was at 35 seconds. Second picture with HDMI cable was at exactly 35 seconds (was a pain getting it at exactly 35 seconds). Shutter speed was at 250, focus was at 45. Position of camera : behind vehicle (focused on exhaust). SD Cable no backfire; HDMI Cable backfire shows up.

Its weird....

Switch after taking picture... its not that hard..my replay is of me driving my car on Route X and at 15 seconds I downshift... 5 seconds later, I repeat process.. my first picture was at 35 seconds. Second picture with HDMI cable was at exactly 35 seconds (was a pain getting it at exactly 35 seconds). Shutter speed was at 250, focus was at 45. Position of camera : behind vehicle (focused on exhaust). SD Cable no backfire; HDMI Cable backfire shows up.

Its weird....
Should have taken multiple test photos with both cables to make sure having different cables affects the backfire capture for sure.

MITSUBISHI LANCER R-EVO IX Time Attack car:
Eifel-RennstreckeEVORM2_zpsf49a1abe.jpg

Eifel-RennstreckeEVORM_zps37266b09.jpg

BONUS SHOT:
Kyoto_Shoren-inLancerR-evolution_zpsf7b7df0d.jpg

Nice pics everyone! :D

I tried taking a pic of the backfire of a car a while back but it didn't show up so I thought it wasn't possible :PP

Back