TCS Track recommendation!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Keith2324
  • 36 comments
  • 3,185 views
Well its kind of like cloning yourself and picking and choosing when you want to use your main account and when to use another. Just seems like it could be used to pad your numbers which can help/assist you in getting better numbers. I assumed it was frowned upon in the community but it dont make me none either way. No big deal, its just a game, and its just a thought I had. Play and enjoy. Dont mind me.

the numbers don't really mean anything except in FIA races, and one of the main reasons I started using the 2nd account was so I was no longer placed in the highest ranked lobbies for FIA races. I went from using TCS and right foot only, to no TCS and left-foot braking. As soon as I switched, I was slower and much less consistent....meaning I was crashing every few laps and was not able to hold my line through cornering as consistently as I used to. Recently, when an FIA season is in progress, those are the only races I enter, so I don't have the daily races to even out my DR level to where it should be. I still wanted to participate in FIA, but I did not want to enter a lobby with the best players in the region only to finish last or much worse and ruin their race trying to participate in a lobby that my current skills had not achieved. So I don't view it as padding my numbers, more like an attempt to re-earn my position in those lobbies and at DR-A+ the proper way. This was me trying to be courteous to the great players I normally play with. Once I'm able to reach A+ again and I think I can hold a similar pace to where I was before, I will start using the old account exclusively again. For now I've only been using it to race lobbies outside of sport mode.
 
Just try Group 4 without TCS. Once you're comfortable with FF and 4WD try the rear wheel drive cars.

No learning curve on the Gr4 FF and 4WD as these cars don’t need TCS anyway.. You can apply full throttle 95% of the time without consequences on those babies. Try e.g. getting a Gr4 TT to oversteer, it‘s all but impossible!
 
Meh... use tcs if you want and dont let elitests make you feel you need to stop. Use what makes you better on the track, its better for everyone.
 
No elitism here, the op just wants to get better.
 
I would rather race against someone using aids and not sliding through the turns into me than someone who tells everyone they run without aids and punting me through a turn. I generally don't use aids except ABS but certain cars on certain tracks, I will use TCS because as I said, it's better for me AND others around me.
 
There's no shame in using assists. Just use whatever settings make you fastest.

Eventually you will reach a point where TCS is slowing you down, and at that point you can work your way down off of it. Don't feel pressured to do it for other reasons.
 
Yep, fully agree that players should use assists if needed.

At the end of the day the main objective is to get from the green light to the chequered flag as fast as possible.
And a major part of that equation is keeping your car on track and pointed in the right direction for the entire race.
 
Back