Team Shmo Gallery *New* Mini Cooper 1.3i '98 rally

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 156 comments
Took these pics literally years ago and I just couldn't get them where I wanted them. Had the idea in my mind, but it never came out perfect. Finally modern day technology has caught up and I was able to edit them just how I wanted.

8690251182_a9f8d51714_b.jpg

8690251300_ca01a14d89_b.jpg

8689130421_b9b2d96889_b.jpg

Those are great. I like the second best also. The dof is awezome as is the toning. The last one is let down a bit by the composition but it's still decent. 👍

If you have looked through some of my gallery you will realize I don't usually go too crazy on the edits. I personally like keeping the image look more natural just touched up. With this one it had a very nice orange color so I decided to try and really make everything pop. I am very pleased with the results. Also the pics were edited by me and taken by Andy Voong. If you would like to see originals they are found here.

8717459881_f601d5ca5e_b.jpg

8717459961_bdbed1e601_b.jpg

8718579540_c450338e3c_b.jpg

8717460163_56bcde0aeb_b.jpg

Nice editing skills. It does make these pictures pop out more.

Thanks. Yes the originals looked sort of gray and washed out, but luckily for me that is my favorite type of pics to edit. Allows me to decide how dark or light something is. Also you didn't send the front ones but I saw them on your flickr and really liked them so edited them too which I hope is cool.

Thanks. Yes the originals looked sort of gray and washed out, but luckily for me that is my favorite type of pics to edit. Allows me to decide how dark or light something is. Also you didn't send the front ones but I saw them on your flickr and really liked them so edited them too which I hope is cool.

No worries you have talent for editing pictures. I'm still learning the ropes and want to improve over time.

Pretty nice mate, I like the first two out of the set. Very clean and crisp editing. Almost a little HDR looking and the orange really pops. 👍

Great color and editing choices for the S2000. The photos sure express themselves definitely.

No worries you have talent for editing pictures. I'm still learning the ropes and want to improve over time.
Ya practise and time and eventually you'll be amazing.

GPR
Pretty nice mate, I like the first two out of the set. Very clean and crisp editing. Almost a little HDR looking and the orange really pops. 👍
Thanks I was thinking the same thing. I wasn't going for HDR, but it came out with that extra clear look.

Great color and editing choices for the S2000. The photos sure express themselves definitely.
The color is my overal favorite. Even the boring parts I added color too and I find it just made the great orange pop even more.

Great F40 set mate with some beautiful shots like the third ou the fourth. Original angles and beautiful toning 👍
Too bad there are some artifacts in your Viper shots but anyway i love the atmosphere of this set 👍
And nice S2000 set very colorful :)

Great F40 set mate with some beautiful shots like the third ou the fourth. Original angles and beautiful toning 👍
Too bad there are some artifacts in your Viper shots but anyway i love the atmosphere of this set 👍
And nice S2000 set very colorful :)

Thanks I really appreciate the feedback.

The colours are quite interesting in a good way. Certainly are the standout feature of these shots to me. 👍

Not too much of a fan of the over-sharpness you've used but I've to say, your colour choice and toning is really apt. Gives off a nice feel. Good job there. 👍

Not too much of a fan of the over-sharpness you've used but I've to say, your colour choice and toning is really apt. Gives off a nice feel. Good job there. 👍

I like that over sharpen look to give everything that extra pop. I double sharpened these latest ones and agree I may have went just a touch too much. What I think was the real mistake was not adding some blur to the backgrounds to give some depth. Than it wouldn't of looked super over sharpened everywhere.

What a classic rally car. I didn't expect the actual car to be good driving, but it was so much fun. I loved flying around the track in this tiny car watching more dust than car lol. Once I started taking shots I was really happy with how they all came out. I have another rally set that I think came out great too. The dark shadows and bright sun really ads life to the set.

mini rally edit 8 by shmogt, on Flickr

mini rally edit 1 by shmogt, on Flickr

mini rally edit 6 by shmogt, on Flickr

mini rally edit 4 by shmogt, on Flickr

mini rally edit 3 by shmogt, on Flickr

mini rally edit 5 by shmogt, on Flickr

mini rally edit 2 by shmogt, on Flickr

mini rally edit 7 by shmogt, on Flickr

Back