Team Shmo (tuning garage) *NEW* CATERHAM SEVEN FIREBLADE '02

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 679 comments
Nice, glad you like it and it improved your times. The brakes I had higher, but it was screwing up some larger corners with too much power so I put them back and personally felt it's better obviously raise them of you want lol. The most important thing that is more about racing on sarthe rather than the car tune is the brake points and where to start to turn. My Enzo sarthe tune is crazy if you don't do it perfect but amazing if you no where and when to start turning

yeah i still need a few hundred laps of practise i guess. The fast car doesnt make it easier to stay on the correct line at all :P
Sarthe is somehow strange here. due to the long straights one gets the feeling of easiness. and then thats the end of all good... :)

Fiat Punto HGT Abarth 2000

No one asked me to make this car, I do not think the demand for a tune is high if even existent for it, but I don't care I still made it. I made it just because the car looks sweet. I'm not sure if it's just the orange color that I have it in or what i just always liked its box shape yet still designed exterior. The car is surprisingly good too which is a plus. You could prob get away with adding all the parts and just raising up the transmission and you would be satisfied. It took very little tuning to get the handling more precise because of this. Just a fun and cool car.

Last edited:

Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car 1998

The car is absolutely amazing. To be fair if you just upgraded everything you would think it's amazing without even tuning anything. BUT this tune will improve everything just a touch to give you a little more edge. Since this car is so perfect it all comes down to how you drive it.

Last edited:

Infiniti Coupe Concept 2006

I seen this car and it's cool ya, but I never bought it because it's just not going to be the best in the price range. It's a concept as well so I was worried it wouldn't be drivable like most concepts. Than I saw someones photos on here and it looked so amazing with best lights I ever seen. It had to be bought. It's better than I expected too, but still heavy with kinda lower power, but we don't care since it's bought for looks. It really does look cool with it's blueish front lights plus interesting light pattern and a chrome strip down the side. Painted mine chrome orange and matched the rims to the blue lights. Damn looks good.

Last edited:

RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" 1987

The first drivable Yellow Bird ever! That being said it's still pretty touchy, but crazy huge improvements. First thing I gotta say is never slam on the gas or brake, always ease on them. It is super stable and still handles no problem compared to stock or any tunes I have tried. You can get fairly rough with it and not spin out, but know where to turn. I really wish the brakes themselves were better because even tho I lowered the front brake it still turns red under heavy braking and any less the thing won't stop at all. I recommend trying to brake a little before and on the straights. Each track varies on where to brake with it just testing will tell you where is best. I would head on over to my drift garage, pick out a car to drift with, and practice on how to drift not because it's just gonna drift everywhere, but if it does happen (which is likely) you will know how much gas and brake to apply to make the turn without spinning out or slowing down. If you do drift a little around some corners it's way faster than slowing down and taking them normally, but you must know what your doing or your screwed.

Last edited:
Adrenaline
I don't need to drive your tune, to prove either of the quoted statements wrong.

Lololo you have no idea if my statements are wrong than. It could be best yellow bird ever and blow your mind. The drift around corners I said if you do happen to drift it's faster to just hold it rather than slow down and have to straighten, which is true. Maybe with your tunes no, but with this one yes. Not tell people to drift it only if you happen to start to skid

Lololo you have no idea if my statements are wrong than. It could be best yellow bird ever and blow your mind. The drift around corners I said if you do happen to drift it's faster to just hold it rather than slow down and have to straighten, which is true. Maybe with your tunes no, but with this one yes. Not tell people to drift it only if you happen to start to skid

It very well may be the best ever, but that doesn't make it the first driveable yellowbird ever.

Onboy123
Shmogt, Let me show you why though your tune may very well be drivable, it's not the first.

The first tune is here.

Do your research and learn to be a tad more humble.

Seen it before. Stick to what I said. Obviously it was drivable even without a tune, but now it's a car rather than a wild beast.

Seen it before. Stick to what I said. Obviously it was drivable even without a tune, but now it's a car rather than a wild beast.

Oh well, since I'm not Adrenaline, I won't bicker with you on this subject. And anyways I found an even better tune for a classic RUF. *Get's back to testing two R32s*

Lol idk why I always have people complain about what I say or do. No one ever says the tunes are bad it's always something else. First I get complaints in my drift garage for being the only person with a dedicated drift garage and that I put it in the drift section. Now complaints on a description of a car lol. It's free tunes people just use them and shut your mouth.

Bold claims yield bold responses.

Lol well said, first time ever, I'll have to side with you on this, Adrenaline. Still, enough hating, let's leave it up to the laptimes and reviews to speak. Unless you forgot what happened the last time you/we did something like this. (coughcoughnoobsteercoughcough)

I displayed no hate at all. I said absolutely nothing negative about Shmo, his Yellow Bird or any of his tunes. In fact, if any hate is present, it's his implied distaste for all previous existing Yellow Bird tunes.

I displayed no hate at all. I said absolutely nothing negative about Shmo, his Yellow Bird or any of his tunes. In fact, if any hate is present, it's his implied distaste for all previous existing Yellow Bird tunes.

Corrected.

"NO, NO, NO, NO, STOP IT ONBOY! DON'T BE AN INSUFFERABLE ARSE!" *Smacks myself*

Ok, let's stop, this is getting out of hand.

So Onboy your going to be doing a comparison test of Volkswagen R32s? What tires and PP?

So Onboy your going to be doing a comparison test of Volkswagen R32s? What tires and PP?

Nope, the other R32. The R32. The one from the land of the rising sun. And seeing as Shmo was so confident that his tune would wipe the floor with everyone else, I'm putting it up against a RKM GTR R32. 'Brace yourselves, the clash of the titans is about to commence' :mischievous: :lol: <----- a sentence from my review.

Nope, the other R32. The R32. The one from the land of the rising sun. And seeing as Shmo was so confident that his tune would wipe the floor with everyone else, I'm putting it up against a RKM GTR R32. 'Brace yourselves, the clash of the titans is about to commence' :mischievous: :lol: <----- a sentence from my review.
Oh those...wanders off in disinterest.:rolleyes::indiff:

Adrenaline
Bold claims yield bold responses.

Well it's just my description. It's more of a marketing tool/what I feel about the car. My Prius one says it sucks in the description so it's just what I think. Your claim is my statements are lies when you have not driven it so have no facts to base it on while I do as I have driven and tested a bunch and feel I can control mine best so I wrote that.

Onboy my R32 I'm going say will win in lap times and overall drivability, BUT to be fair the RKM one is lower power so obviously I would win and if you set the power back on mine I have no idea what would happen as there's is set for those speeds. Please test at a few totally different tracks tho as I and I assume RKM set the cars up as general setups so each may be better at certain styles of tracks. We won't no till the testing is done.

Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 1967

This car is for RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! and is met to meet it's restrictions of 525pp for Laguna Seca with sports soft tires.

Decent power and very light weight. There is a few points you must do when driving however. Forget how you normally drive, this is how you drive this car. Drive to a corner and brake than coast a little to maintain driving line than ease onto the power and away. You know you have done this right because you will be on the track, the revs are going climbing up as it accelerates away instead of high reving, and there is no over or under steer problems. It is tricky at first to get the hang of it since if you drive hard it will skid and under steer than over steer and is just crazy, but as long as you drive like I said there should be no problems. I think this will be a lot easier if you have a wheel and/or drive manual as you can shift up while exiting and be harder on the gas. I did a 1:30.4 and am just too tired of testing anymore. I think it may be able to achieve very good times with better drivers as I am not very good at this track. Would like to see what other tuners can come up with as well since this car as a lot of different styles of tuning and parts as I found out while testing.

I drove this car recently for one of the seasonals and it works awesome at other courses. I loved every second driving it as it was really easy and fun. I think just for Laguna Seca it can get kind of tricky as the course itself is quite difficult to master.

Last edited:
^Nice Choice on the new tune.

This Lamborghini is one of my all time favorites.

It is super fast for some reason on all a-spec events so I figured it would be perfect for this. like 200kg lighter and only 20-30hp less than the Evora too. Biggest prob is 5 gears and really hard to drive lol

Back