Team Shmo (tuning garage) *NEW* CATERHAM SEVEN FIREBLADE '02

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 679 comments
killerjimbag
Yeah whatever dude, I live down the 401 in Guelph.You can have all the great things you have in Toronto like your murders,traffic,and crappy internet.Anyway it shouldn't take that long.

Ahah I wasn't saying like Toronto is better than wherever you live. Toronto is just a super major place with everything so the Internet should be the best and fastest connections anywhere since tons of stuff is here and yet I still have awful connections.

Hey shmogt, I just wanted to let you know that your 2005 Mini Cooper S tune is excellent. :)

I had no idea that a FF could handle so well; it is truly phenomenal to drive. Very well-balanced. Sometimes there's a little understeer, and sometimes there's a little oversteer (especially when braking into a corner), but that keeps it fun and engaging to drive. I familiarized myself with it on the 'Ring. Once I managed a clean (albeit insane) lap, I checked the times. Wow! Amazing speed from an FF; it beat my stock 2010 Camaro SS by more than a minute. The car works good at 450 PP too, for the seasonals. My biggest complaint is that the gearing isn't tall enough. When you're doing the main straight on the 'Ring, the Mini begins to over-rev at top speed (especially going down the subsequent hill, after the kink). So I was wondering if you could do a slightly revised tune in which you drag out the gears just a little bit longer, so your car is 'Ring compatible. Also, I hear the Spec 2.0 physics are a bit different, so if you could re-optimize the Mini for these new conditions that would be awesome. I'd appreciate it much. 👍

Nevertheless, amazing car! Incredibly fun to drive. Highly recommended. 👍

EDIT: Didn't see until now that you are having troubles downloading 2.0. Best of wishes with that.

danjee
Hey shmogt, I just wanted to let you know that your 2005 Mini Cooper S tune is excellent. :)

I had no idea that a FF could handle so well; it is truly phenomenal to drive. Very well-balanced. Sometimes there's a little understeer, and sometimes there's a little oversteer (especially when braking into a corner), but that keeps it fun and engaging to drive. I familiarized myself with it on the 'Ring. Once I managed a clean (albeit insane) lap, I checked the times. Wow! Amazing speed from an FF; it beat my stock 2010 Camaro SS by more than a minute. The car works good at 450 PP too, for the seasonals. My biggest complaint is that the gearing isn't tall enough. When you're doing the main straight on the 'Ring, the Mini begins to over-rev at top speed (especially going down the subsequent hill, after the kink). So I was wondering if you could do a slightly revised tune in which you drag out the gears just a little bit longer, so your car is 'Ring compatible. Also, I hear the Spec 2.0 physics are a bit different, so if you could re-optimize the Mini for these new conditions that would be awesome. I'd appreciate it much. 👍

Nevertheless, amazing car! Incredibly fun to drive. Highly recommended. 👍

EDIT: Didn't see until now that you are having troubles downloading 2.0. Best of wishes with that.

Thank you the mini always blows my mind too. I used it for the seasonals as well and only lowered the power and liked it even more. For gears I said on my first page intro that some car have slightly lowered gear range as they are small cars and I didn't plan on the majority of races with it to be on very large tracks. If you do happen to take it to a large track just set the final gear to around 20 more that way all the gear changing is the same it's just longer to accommodate the higher top speed. Yes the spec 2 updates to cars I would like to try, but not yet unfortunately.

Detoxification
Just ignore the estimate and let it download for 20min

Lol I waited for 2hrs and made it to 5%. Tried it the day after when servers weren't as bad and it still was insane estimate. Later that night I got a estimate of only 600minutes and it was going ok than started to count up eventually settling at around 1200 minutes left which again is insane.

Mine took about 2.5 hours, and I thought that sucked.

Makes me wonder if PD could release all these gigs on disc so everyone can have them, as I'm seeing you can't even function online at all now unless you can download 1.2 gigs.

What about McDonald's or libraries, something with WiFi that you could connect too? (Some McD's have WiFi now) Or the obvious friend or family memebers if any of them have the internet to download it?

Who is your internet provider? I'm on Rogers and it took 12 or 14 minutes.Is your PS3 wired or wireless?Man I could put it on a memory stick and drive it to you in the big smoke faster than you could download it.

CSLACR
Mine took about 2.5 hours, and I thought that sucked.

Makes me wonder if PD could release all these gigs on disc so everyone can have them, as I'm seeing you can't even function online at all now unless you can download 1.2 gigs.

What about McDonald's or libraries, something with WiFi that you could connect too? (Some McD's have WiFi now) Or the obvious friend or family memebers if any of them have the internet to download it?

Ya I really wish they had a download from there website and instal threw USB option like all the actual ps3 updates do. Taking my ps3 to a McDonalds and hooking it to there tv to use there wifi would be the funniest thing ever. I actually said I was thinking I was gonna do that in another thread, but it's like a absolute worst case scenario thing.

killerjimbag
Who is your internet provider? I'm on Rogers and it took 12 or 14 minutes.Is your PS3 wired or wireless?Man I could put it on a memory stick and drive it to you in the big smoke faster than you could download it.

I'm with Bell and my internet is fast in everyday life it's just once I start downloading something large they automatically cap me and only allow me to download extremely small amounts at a time making it go super slow. My ps3 is also wireless and at the exact opposite end of the house in the basement. I have a apple airport extreme router which is the best router I have ever owned and changed all the settings to make it as fast as it can possibly be, but still it's not good enough.

Not sure if its possible but if someone could download it as a separate file and then e-mail it could you then use a public access like a library to download it to a memory device for installation?

That's the problem,hook up your PS3 to the router directly.Take it off wireless.Bell has a download cap for the month and if you exceed it they slow you down.

Shmogt - I enjoy your Tunes (especially for the Enzo at la Sarthe). My 2.0 download estimate is 11 hours. People with good Internet just don't understand how bad some folks speed is. Fortunately for me, I'm getting Cable Internet tomorrow, so my problem will be fixed.

Why I'm posting this is back when there were three updates that were 800+ mb, I took my PS3 over to my daughter's house (she had Cable Internet and a wireless modem). It took a little work, but I managed to get the PS3 to connect with her modem, and I downloaded that 800 mb in 8 minutes. You need to talk to your friends, and your friend's friends, and find someone who will let you hook up to their Internet connection.
Good luck!
Pete

Thanks people I will try to hook it directly up. I have unlimited downloads a month and can never go over, but Bell hates that because they aren't making any money off of me so what happens is when I download large files they slow it down like crazy to force me into getting mad and switching to a "better" plan. It will cost me more to switch tho so it doesn't make sense. Only times like this is it worth it lol.

Right now my plan is direct to the box thing or hopefully someone will let me download it at there house. Hopefully this happens sooner than later.

O baby trying to download right now and it's giving me great times. Only 80 minutes left. Common Internet don't fail me now!

Wooooo it worked I can play again.
So, if you want of course, can you look at that Mini again? Just give it spin in Spec 2.0 and let me know if any changes need to be made? I'd do it myself, but tuning is Greek to me. I just want the Mini to be as able as it was 'back in the days.'

Thanks. 👍

danjee
So, if you want of course, can you look at that Mini again? Just give it spin in Spec 2.0 and let me know if any changes need to be made? I'd do it myself, but tuning is Greek to me. I just want the Mini to be as able as it was 'back in the days.'

Thanks. 👍

Lol I'll look into it

danjee
Appreciate it. :)

Ok it's done and I think much improved. Knocked 2 seconds off my time and much easier to control. I'll update it within the next half hr. you will see a spec 2 edit as what has changed in the comments for that car.

Ok it's done and I think much improved. Knocked 2 seconds off my time and much easier to control. I'll update it within the next half hr. you will see a spec 2 edit as what has changed in the comments for that car.
Ah, thanks very much! That really great of you. Looking forward to giving it a try over the weekend.

danjee
Ah, thanks very much! That really great of you. Looking forward to giving it a try over the weekend.

No prob. Also I just edited it. Hopefully you enjoy it a lot more which personally I think it's impossible not to.

Ferrari Enzo 2002

This car is strictly for drag. It was built for Indy (should work everywhere). The set up may look a little different from what your used to, but I'm telling you it's awesome as long as you follow the instructions perfectly. Make sure you line up straight to avoid having to really steer at all. Always launch in 2nd as there is sort of a built in time delay when it comes to the rest of the gears. After you launch I would say 90% of the time you will be losing or tied for the first tiny bit up until you shift to the next gear since the tires smoke, which is fine. MOST IMPORTANT is you must shift to 3rd at exactly 90mph (145kph). It will be tempting to shift earlier as the other person may be far ahead, but trust me anything other than 90 will grantee you lose. Once you shift to 3rd you will find the car turns into a rocket catching up like crazy. All the other gears just shift at the red line and watch as you catch up and pass the other person. I never drag race, but was testing this out all today and beat GT-R, R8, 458, Ford GT, etc. All the top cars I was able to beat by following these instructions and like I said I never drag so I am sure after a tiny bit of practice all of you will be much better.

P.S. The pics are not mine, but the person who took them was banned so I couldn't ask permission lol

Edit: Ok this tune has been out for a while now and many have told me they find it excellent. Whenever I am losing in drag races I bring this thing out and smoke everyone. The only cars I have ever lost to were a GTR and a R34. I beat 99% of them usually, but these ones must of had extra special tunes as they accelerate 10X faster than most tunes and I would catch up, but lose by a nose at the end. Still 99% victory rate is pretty good lol.

Last edited:

Nissan N24 Schulze Motor Sports 2011

As soon as this car came out I planned on making a tune for it. Had a few minor set backs, but now it's here! I first raced with it and found it to be pretty good, but something was strange about it, it just seemed slow to drive. I than edited stuff and made it slower which wasn't good lol. i tried a few more times and not only made it feel fast, but it actually is faster. Tested it on a few tracks and did good on all them and raced it a lot at Spa online and it was so much fun. If you have a wheel I think you will like this car even more as it has low downforce for a race car and is much easier to drive perfectly with smooth control.

P.S. I have some super great shots of this in my gallery along with many others. Please click here
I also have a drifting tune for this car here

Last edited:
Back