Team Sonic Tunes - Under Reconstruction

• Thread starter Trybal
  • 238 comments
I can't seem to get a good launch on this.

How you are launching at the start and about what RPM are you shifting? I assume you are using manual gears? These are some important details that will help Trybal determine where you're going wrong.đź‘Ť

He needs to remove that 3.5 camber that's on the rear posted in the rx7 tune, set it to 0

Also min/max ride height and no aero seem to work better after the update, for mine anyway.

How you are launching at the start and about what RPM are you shifting? I assume you are using manual gears? These are some important details that will help Trybal determine where you're going wrong.đź‘Ť

I'm launching at redline in 1st gear and I'm using manual.

He needs to remove that 3.5 camber that's on the rear posted in the rx7 tune, set it to 0

Also min/max ride height and no aero seem to work better after the update, for mine anyway.

There was rear camber on the tune? Must have meant the front.đź‘Ť
I can't really say I know how the tune works but i'm guessing it should launched in 1st gear, maybe second if it is short enough. This is also a flip gearbox tune too I think(looking at the camber i'd say this would work better for drift:lol:). You need to do that to get the gears to the tune he is giving.

Basically do this in order if you don't already know:

1. Move your final drive slider to between the numbers he said at the top.

2. Then move the auto speed slider below that to the lowest speed which he says is 112MPH(make sure you are in miles per hour).

3. Now move the final gear slider you set first, all the way down to 2500.

4. Then you can adjust each of your gears the way he mentioned.

Good luck, hope I helped some.đź‘Ť

Yep, look in the post you replied to, he quoted the tune with 3.5 rear camber and 5 front. Rx7 is a 1st gear car but can be quick shifted to 2nd like an LMQ. Or you can ride 1st out a bit too.

I'm thinking what Trybal ment with the 5/3.5 camber part of his tune was that you can run it between 3.5 and 5.0 degrees at the front and you won't really see much difference. Not that it should be 5.0 front and 3.5 rear, I think it's just slightly badly worded which caused the confussion.

Personally I find 3.5 to be the "sweet spot" for front camber on the RX-7.

Edit: plus that tune is outdated now :( while it would have been good when it was posted, using a starting final of 3.925 before the flip now will cause major bog on launch i'm guessing, as with my current tune that runs 9.880 I use a starting final of 3.575 before the flip.

Yeah, probably meant to put a dash instead of a slash, trybal would know better than to run rear camber. I usually run 3.7 on front.

It was actually 3.5 rear camber haha. I found that it did run faster back on 2.08 for me like that to keep 1st from bogging. But I do need to update stuff.

New Corvette comes out Tuesday for free to download on psn.. u think you'll be able to have a tune for it end of the week ?

I definitely will considering I like the car in real life especially since they brought back the Stringray :). HOPEFULLY it makes good power.

Trybal
I definitely will considering I like the car in real life especially since they brought back the Stringray :). HOPEFULLY it makes good power.

I hope its powerful hope the car is awesome I'm a big fan of Chevy V8 cars

do u have a tune for a 70 Super bird 1/4

I can make one, also requested was the 09 GT-R, and a redo of some Hondas.

Currently I have the looping GT5 start logo though and my other account is in the beginning stages so it might take a little longer.

Trybal
I can make one, also requested was the 09 GT-R, and a redo of some Hondas.

Currently I have the looping GT5 start logo though and my other account is in the beginning stages so it might take a little longer.

if u need the cars I will more then likely let you borrow them and u can return them when ur satisfied with them

i was reading the beginning of the thread when u say the top speed do u mean the top speed on the bottom u can adjust or the one on the top right hand corner?

Plymouth Superbird '70

802 Hp : 824 Ft-Lb : 1323 Kg : FR

1/4 Mile

Final: 3.800-3.850
Top Speed: 99
1: Min
2: 4.0 of 10
3: 7.5 of 10
4: Max
5: Max
Final: 2.000

Torque: -----

Ride Height: Min/Max
Spring Rate: Min/Min
Camber: 5/0
Toe: -1/1
Aero: -----

Last edited:
1/4 Mile

Final: 3.320-3.355
Top Speed: 124
1: Min
2: 4.5 of 10
3: 8.0 of 10
4: Max
5: Max
6: 9.5 of 10
Final: 2.500

Torque: 45/55

Ride Height: Min/Max
Spring Rate: Max/Max
Dampers E: Any/Any
Dampers C: Any/Any
Camber: 0
Toe: 0[/QUOTE]

what was your time for the spec v in 1/4 mile

Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 - 9.026 - 9.059
9.026 was definitely a challenge and required the perfect launch and 95% perfect shifts (manual).

2nd post is where I put my times :)

And I'll look into an Ek 3k tune :)

Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 - 9.026 - 9.059
9.026 was definitely a challenge and required the perfect launch and 95% perfect shifts (manual).

2nd post is where I put my times :)

And I'll look into an Ek 3k tune :)
I don't know where your second post is.. but thanks.

Back