Teammates Wanted (Apex-R)

• Thread starter NSX-R
  • 49 comments
Um, ok.

Oh, deap, I doubt I can make up 7 seconds.

I mean, I could, but I won't.

I refuse to not drift.

Did I mention that 3'46.189 was using drift techniques, not grip?

Onikaze
Awesome.
3'47.589
Exhibition Drifting
Locked Rear Differential
AE86 Trueno
2 minor bumps

Smokin!

nice! my last time in 86 is 3'48 no bumps, but that was a long time ago (i thought drifting was faster at the time so i always drift), i can also do zero counter steer. Good job! oh yeah, try drifting in snow w/ stock 86, good practice too

Do you use E-brake?

I don't even have it mapped anymore, I just use clutch kicks.

As a personal thing, I make sure to clutch when I shift, and lift on upshifts/blip on downshifts.

Onikaze
Do you use E-brake?

As a personal thing, I make sure to clutch when I shift, and lift on upshifts/blip on downshifts.

Err... we all do that.

I never use the clutch to shift, but I lift off when I shift. The clutch just isn't right when it's not a pedal, theres zero feel in a button, I do use it to get a kick but when you change gear in a real car you have the biting point to consider you don't always press it fully, you use it when you brake below certain speeds you have a proper feel in the pedal it's not an on/off thing.

I have a pedal, but it is an on/off switch, as you can't map it to an Analog axis sadly.

I figure most of the EPR folks left used the clutch and whatnot, though I notice in several replays that there isn't a lift on shifting, or heel-toe going on.

Personally I can't drive that well without using heel-toe anymore, as I find the way I drive the cars get too unstable trailbraking off throttle completely.

I think I'll go call my brother in law and see how much storage his camera has.

Well at least with a pedal it'll feel a lot better and more natural, I don't have a pedal unfortunately.

Onikaze
Do you use E-brake?

i never used E-brake, the first time i used it on the videos i made (NSX-R, EVOIII,RX7). when i drift, i dunno, let go on the gas pretty much. lol, i use the clutch and e-brake w/ the mc2, i do heel toe most of the time, and i always restep (is that a right word) the gas while pressing the clutch and shifting.

I only find the handbrake useful if I need to stagger a drift, like if I accidentally enter a drift too soon for a particular corner.

I don't use the clutch at all when I drive, and I don't lift the throttle or blip it when shifting. Then again, I drive with the DS2, so those things are more understandable... :lol: I'm too lazy to set up the DFP every time I want to play EPR, and with the way I have things set up, I have to use my capture card and computer monitor to use the DFP, so the graphics and framerate suffer. :indiff:

I just enjoy doing those things, makes me happy in a really geeky way.

Oh, the Um, ok was indeed a response to the "are you interested", NSX-R.

Wolfe2x7
I only find the handbrake useful if I need to stagger a drift, like if I accidentally enter a drift too soon for a particular corner.

I don't use the clutch at all when I drive, and I don't lift the throttle or blip it when shifting. Then again, I drive with the DS2, so those things are more understandable... :lol: I'm too lazy to set up the DFP every time I want to play EPR, and with the way I have things set up, I have to use my capture card and computer monitor to use the DFP, so the graphics and framerate suffer. :indiff:

In my RX7 drift uphill replay video I had to use the handbrake in most corner. This car stick the road like crazy & very easy to handle. My wheel is always stick to the desk, I use it almost every day. It might be on the way, but you know it doesn't worth it to remove it from it place.

I have to agree that having good quality recording require a more powerful PC. What I find funny though.. Is that I actually pwn almost everyone quality recording in the whole site. :lol:

Mr Deap
I have to agree that having good quality recording require a more powerful PC. What I find funny though.. Is that I actually pwn almost everyone quality recording in the whole site. :lol:

My computer is plenty powerful -- my PCI Capture Card just doesn't have the bandwidth capacity to run high-quality in real time. In order to have a high-quality image, the video has to be delayed. Not a problem for replays, but a problem for racing.

DoriFtoMonkY
Is there a list of competing teams to Apex-R? Whens the first Time trial Battle? :D

The team thread is in the teams forum, and the time trial battles will be revived, reorganized, improved, and reposted sometime this month.

Back