Teams Vette, GT, Viper, join now

• Thread starter cudadude2
  • 63 comments
GTP_CudaDude
the first week of the team racing seems to have been a big hit so we're gonna go for a second week. This time we're switching from street cars to tuned cars, and from pp700 to pp750. @ Suzuka

the race will be on tuesday night and starts at 8 pm eastern, with each race following ever 14 mins for 5 races.

Team Viper Racing

El Presidente, GTP_CudaDude
GTP_L_Hamilton
GTP_Slicecom
GTP_DTWmetro
GTP_TwistyBits

Team GT Sport

Captain, GTP_Earth
GTP_CWR aka C Dub
Kumabar
Oo_xVx_oO

Corvette Racing

Captain, Sunny56
GTP_bbcnascar2
BaldurKn
GTP_Chuzo

If your interested in racing leave a post. If teams become too large captains will have to have quallys to pick team

The Legend...The Corvettte C6 Tuned

110507_1.jpg

Or, The meanest Snake of them all..The Viper Tuned.

dodge_viper_srt_10_acr_official_image002.jpg

Or the Orchestra of Supercharged V8, The Ford GT LM

ford-gt-car.jpg

Ford GT Captain

I am dissappointed in the performance of the Ford GT in standard physics.

Even at 570 horsepower I was getting beat like a drum down the Fuji straight by everything, Vipers, Clios, Vettes. Even in the draft I could barely overtake them at the end of the Fuji straight.

I find that highly unrealistic. The GT's biggest strength has got to be it's straight line speed but I've yet to see it in 700pp standard. Even it's acceleration is subpar. We GT drivers lose 4-5 car lengths to the Vettes and Vipers coming out of every low speed corner.

Ford GT Captain

I am dissappointed in the performance of the Ford GT in standard physics.

Even at 570 horsepower I was getting beat like a drum down the Fuji straight by everything, Vipers, Clios, Vettes. Even in the draft I could barely overtake them at the end of the Fuji straight.

I find that highly unrealistic. The GT's biggest strength has got to be it's straight line speed but I've yet to see it in 700pp standard. Even it's acceleration is subpar. We GT drivers lose 4-5 car lengths to the Vettes and Vipers coming out of every low speed corner.

Dude its like the RBE changed over night. Do you remember our practice? No one could keep up, and in the race I couldn't get away from Tuned clios... Its almost like the RBE adpated to our speeds, and made the slow ones as good as us..

Its good to be apart of the GT team, and hopefuly next race the PSN will work..:grumpy:

Dude its like the RBE changed over night. Do you remember our practice? No one could keep up, and in the race I couldn't get away from Tuned clios... Its almost like the RBE adpated to our speeds, and made the slow ones as good as us..

Its good to be apart of the GT team, and hopefuly next race the PSN will work..:grumpy:

Hey that explains everything.

Last night me and you ran away from everyone and only angelx could keep up.

But of course today was totally different.

What I think happened is last night we only had a 4, 5, 6 drivers in a race, today we had 11+ drivers every race. I think that tightened the RBE up and made it impossible for anyone to get away.

What happened today was just so shocking to me. After we were in our own zip code last night we struggle for a podium today? It has to be the large field tightening the RBE.

Hey that explains everything.

Last night me and you ran away from everyone and only angelx could keep up.

But of course today was totally different.

What I think happened is last night we only had a 4, 5, 6 drivers in a race, today we had 11+ drivers every race. I think that tightened the RBE up and made it impossible for anyone to get away.

What happened today was just so shocking to me. After we were in our own zip code last night we struggle for a podium today? It has to be the large field tightening the RBE.

I know I know, it was far pathetic for me. Kuma did great though, somehow he was about to adapt to the new RBE. When I first hoped in yesterday, it was like I was driving a different car. Like I never drove it..which is why I spun 3 times in the last race. I am far dissappointed in my effort, and widen my dislike for PD's RBE. I just simply hate it. A tuned clio should not be able to keep up with a GT on the straights and in the corners. I am sorry, but this is just insane. I am glad we are running PP750, where I RBE is nearly half of what we saw last night.

If nobody wants to drive the Corvette just exempt that and make the series between the Viper and the GT.

Sign me up for the GT in that case. :)

:bowdown:Respectfully request to join the Ford GT Team.:bowdown:

You're in 👍

I'm still thinking about the paint we will use this week. Any suggestions?

If nobody wants to drive the Corvette just exempt that and make the series between the Viper and the GT.

Sign Dazzla up for the GT team as well

I'll go over to the Vette team if nobody else joins it by next week. My number 1 pick would be the GT Test, but that seems to be everyone's number 1 pick!

You're in 👍

I'm still thinking about the paint we will use this week. Any suggestions?

The GT Test only comes in black!

Since Suzuka is a lot narrower, passing is difficult, the RBE apparently has a lot less effect (on 750PP), it's far harder to recover from a punt (intentional, or not), grid position is much more important and, this is team racing, maybe it'd be good to have an additional rule, like:

No member of a team may start with the same PP setting. Eg. the members would have to start with 750, 749, 748, etc. That way the grid would be better mixed, and a bit of team strategery would be required to decide if the "slow"er guys start up front, or send the "fast"er guys out first.

I disagree with that rule, its complicated and pointless IMO. Just race what you bring; we have a 750pp limit and we should have the freedom to tune what we want upto that limit.

I disagree with that rule, its complicated and pointless IMO. Just race what you bring; we have a 750pp limit and we should have the freedom to tune what we want upto that limit.

Cuda said yesterday that he's implementing a weight penalty rule for next weeks races. The first place team gets a 20pp penalty and the second place team gets a 10pp penalty.

This means that the GT Tests, which are already quite a bit faster than everything else in 750pp, will have a 20 point advantage over the Vipers and 10 over the Vettes! :ouch:

Cuda said yesterday that he's implementing a weight penalty rule for next weeks races. The first place team gets a 20pp penalty and the second place team gets a 10pp penalty.

This means that the GT Tests, which are already quite a bit faster than everything else in 750pp, will have a 20 point advantage over the Vipers and 10 over the Vettes! :ouch:

We're doomed....:nervous:

I was thinking that but sense we're switching cars (street to tuned) i thought i'd put that off for 1 race. I think i'll stick with the 750 tuned cars and just switch tracks each get together.One team will always maintain a 7500 pp but pp's will adjusts for comp sake.
I just hope we can get and keep stable teams, that'll make this format work.

b

Well, Twisty, CWR and myself tried out the Tuned Viper last night and lets just say, it will be quite an accomplishment if anyone in Team Viper manages to finish ahead of even ONE Vette or GT.

Well, Twisty, CWR and myself tried out the Tuned Viper last night and lets just say, it will be quite an accomplishment if anyone in Team Viper manages to finish ahead of even ONE Vette or GT.

I'm up for team Viper, if you'll have me. :) I know Slice doesn't care for the Viper, so I could replace him, and he could be released to join another team, if he wants. I think I can beat a Vette or two, :nervous: however, the GTs are going to be next to impossible. But, what the hey, it's all good fun.

Back