Telemetry + Motec Gran Turismo 7

Brazil
Brazil
Hello everyone!

Will Gran Turismo 7 have Telemetry? With the possibility of exporting to Motec, as existed in GT6?

Does anyone know a way to communicate? or how to extract data from Gran Turismo 7?

kind regars.
Augusto Godoi

You might want to check this thread:

That's right, all the data are there. It is how to record it and export them to Motec file.

Similar to this

Hi mates, this is fantatic news when this goes in the directon of tele and motec. Hopfully wiill acc on ps5 in near futher like gt7 bing their tele over the udp ports too.
Is there any new news regards the status of motec and gt7?
Best regards
europer

hey dude, updating...
I insert a code to create a .csv file.

Now I studying the .id file from Motec to convert
I am the author of the GT7 dashboard linked above.

You may want to use this library GitHub - stevendaniluk/MotecLogGenerator: For generating MoTeC .ld files from external log sources to generate Motec files from the gt7dashboard or any other Python based gt7 telemetry dumper. Bornhall has also developed one, which my dashboard is based upon.

I am very attracted by the possibility to implement Motec support. Unfortunately, I do not have a Windows PC which is a must for Motec i2. Therefore, my enthusiasm is blocked a little :)

How about I donate a laptop PC?? It would be great if you could integrate the feature into your app to record and save the data file from exporting to the Motec software.

How about I donate a laptop PC?? It would be great if you could integrate the feature into your app to record and save the data file from exporting to the Motec software.
Thanks for reaching out. I have an old Windows PC in my home but I do not use it regularly. While it would be possible for me to develop it, I would not use it and this is my main motivation for any spare time development.

I have made quite a few updates to the python script to try and keep the laps synchronised when unexpected things happen, also added some additional metrics and shoehorned in the track location detection code shared by @Bornhall . It seems to be getting pretty close now:

1680798570147.png

It's still relying on updates at 60Hz. I have no idea how or if 120Hz or VRR will affect it as I don't have a monitor or TV that supports it to test it out. If the updates do match the frame rate, then VRR is going to be a bit tricky as there doesn't appear to be a suitable time source in the packets....

Last edited:
I have made quite a few updates to the python script to try and keep the laps synchronised when unexpected things happen, also added some additional metrics and shoehorned in the track location detection code shared by @Bornhall . It seems to be getting pretty close now:

View attachment 1245731

It's still relying on updates at 60Hz. I have no idea how or if 120Hz or VRR will affect it as I don't have a monitor or TV that supports it to test it out. If the updates do not match the frame rate, then VRR is going to be a bit tricky as there doesn't appear to be a suitable time source in the packets....
updates don't match the framerate, it's tied to network tick rate

The ability to change the display in game on the Motec screen would be very useful. Say knowing how much fuel we have or tire temperature without having all the extra displays up.

The ability to change the display in game on the Motec screen would be very useful. Say knowing how much fuel we have or tire temperature without having all the extra displays up.
Ah, unfortunately the approach I am using is not live due to the way the MoTeC i2 log files are internally structured, and it's more geared up for analysis after the session. This is similar to how it would be done in real life after you have downloaded them from the ECU. There is a 'live' version of MoTeC called T2, but I haven't looked into it.

Could someone help me generate the scripts used by Motec? I tried downloading the program, installed Python on Windows, but some of the commands don't seem to work. I downloaded the program that generates the scripts, but I don't know how to make it work.

Could someone help me generate the scripts used by Motec? I tried downloading the program, installed Python on Windows, but some of the commands don't seem to work. I downloaded the program that generates the scripts, but I don't know how to make it work.
Are you trying to use the python scripts here https://github.com/GeekyDeaks/sim-to-motec ?

If so, it's all a bit raw, apologies, I intended for this project to be a bit of a learning exercise in both python and telemetry analysis. The scripts are really there to allow anyone to dabble with the code, so the 'getting started' instructions are really aimed at someone au-fait with coding in python and using git for source control.

There are however some .exe files in https://github.com/GeekyDeaks/sim-to-motec/releases to ease running this on Windows and the 'gt7.exe' should contain everything required to run the script, including the python interpreter. It uses pyinstaller to bundle everything up into a self extracting archive. Unfortunately, I only have a single PC in my house running windows (my sim rig), so I'm not able to properly test what dependencies are required to run the .exe, however my buddy who did try it said he needed to download some updated DLLs and also had issues with the virus checker on the .exe (which is a known issue with pyinstaller). If you can give some details of what errors you are encountering, I might be able to offer some advice.

Are you trying to use the python scripts here https://github.com/GeekyDeaks/sim-to-motec ?

If so, it's all a bit raw, apologies, I intended for this project to be a bit of a learning exercise in both python and telemetry analysis. The scripts are really there to allow anyone to dabble with the code, so the 'getting started' instructions are really aimed at someone au-fait with coding in python and using git for source control.

There are however some .exe files in https://github.com/GeekyDeaks/sim-to-motec/releases to ease running this on Windows and the 'gt7.exe' should contain everything required to run the script, including the python interpreter. It uses pyinstaller to bundle everything up into a self extracting archive. Unfortunately, I only have a single PC in my house running windows (my sim rig), so I'm not able to properly test what dependencies are required to run the .exe, however my buddy who did try it said he needed to download some updated DLLs and also had issues with the virus checker on the .exe (which is a known issue with pyinstaller). If you can give some details of what errors you are encountering, I might be able to offer some advice.
Thanks! I made it work, but where are the braking graph? Also, does it show steering angle? Could you share a Motec workspace?

Thanks! I made it work, but where are the braking graph? Also, does it show steering angle? Could you share a Motec workspace?
ok, that sounds a bit odd. I deliberately named the channels so they would be picked up by the default 'circuit' workspace and make life a bit easier from the start. What version of i2 are you running? I am running 1.1.4.454 for reference.

Unfortunately, the steering angle is not exposed via the telemetry, hence why you are not seeing it :(

ok, that sounds a bit odd. I deliberately named the channels so they would be picked up by the default 'circuit' workspace and make life a bit easier from the start. What version of i2 are you running? I am running 1.1.4.454 for reference.

Unfortunately, the steering angle is not exposed via the telemetry, hence why you are not seeing it :(

Nevermind, I was able to import the brake channel on the list. Have you noticed that the brake pedals are 500ms later than the actual braking points only on replays? I think the capture is not wrong, it’s some bug with polyphony, it does not happen to actual gameplay.

I was trying to assign commands like lateral G force and yaw input to the steering, but they are not accurate. Although I can’t see the steering, I have a lot of other good info. Thanks for your work, it’s awesome!

You know what it would be helpful? Automatic update on the last lap directly on Motec. So I could pause the game and see if I improved specific points on turn 1 for example. ‘Gt7 dashboard’ does this, but it lacks info like gears, rpm, etc.

Have you noticed that the brake pedals are 500ms later than the actual braking points only on replays? I think the capture is not wrong, it’s some bug with polyphony, it does not happen to actual gameplay.
Yeah, it's a known 'feature'. no idea why they do it that way. Myself and others use the gforce calcs to compare braking instead

You know what it would be helpful? Automatic update on the last lap directly on Motec. So I could pause the game and see if I improved specific points on turn 1 for example. ‘Gt7 dashboard’ does this, but it lacks info like gears, rpm, etc.
hmmmm... I'll need to think about this one. It should be possible but not sure how best to handle the 'pause' and 'restart'

EDIT: just to be clear, this would be a simple '(over)write the log file', so you would need to load it into i2 again. There is a 'live feed' feature, but I haven't looked into it.

Last edited:
Maybe this ‘live feature’ could work as the name suggests, although I have never tried it on other games. On “gt7 dashboard” there’s an option called “log lap now”, and you can see just the sector that was driven until the game was paused. It’s very quick and helpful for me to keep improving without the need to load the file everytime. But the logs on Motec are awesome. I will use both. Can this be used for ACC on consoles too?

Last edited:
The 'live' option for MoTec is a product called T2

As far as I can tell, it's simply a server that i2 can connect to, so rather than the data loggers saving their samples in memory and then writing them to a file at the end of the session that can be loaded into i2, they stream them directly to the server and allow i2 to analyse the samples in realtime. It may be possible to emulate it if the protocol spec was known, but I have not seen any details (and honestly, I would be very surprised if MoTeC made the information freely available)

Can this be used for ACC on consoles too?
IIRC, my buddy and I looked into this and we simply could not get ACC on the PS4/5 start sending telemetry like we could with AC. Might be worth checking if they changed that, but since neither of us play ACC anymore, it's not something I'd likely get around to in a hurry.

As far as I can tell, it's simply a server that i2 can connect to, so rather than the data loggers saving their samples in memory and then writing them to a file at the end of the session that can be loaded into i2, they stream them directly to the server and allow i2 to analyse the samples in realtime. It may be possible to emulate it if the protocol spec was known, but I have not seen any details (and honestly, I would be very surprised if MoTeC made the information freely available)
That would perfectly fit my needs. But I am not a dev, so I rely on you guys hahah. I appreciate the information ✌️

Back