Tell me honestly, is it worth it to buy wheel for this game?

• Thread starter Klik
  • 41 comments
I've never played GT Sport, and the only reason for that is that I have no space for a wheel. After owning one for years I simply couldn't put myself through the misery of using a controller on a proper racing game, that's how much they're worth having (for me anyway).

'Ere you go..... It was my first wheel and I loved it :cheers:
Don't know why they stopped making them....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/c/1304155327

Its totally worth getting a wheel. Apart from all the positives already mentioned here, one big one is fatigue. I found playing long hours on the controller would really fatigue my fingers, especially if you are using manaul shifting. Not only does it tire you out, it also makes you inconsistent. Recently got a T300 and now i can play hours on end.

It's your money, but that's a lot of moolah.
Regarding the penalty system they've pretty much tweaked it to be very unforgiving, so any "light" contact ppl used to get away with is now penalized.
This really sucks if you start racking up penalties one after another and your SR takes a dive for what you think are incidental bumps etc.

Hopefully I'll be posting up soon about the transition from 20 years with a controller to a wheel. I know one thing I'm going to have to get used to, is using separate feet for the accelerator and brake like the fast guys do. 22 years of driving habits are gonna be hard to break!!

It's easier to pick-up left foot braking if you're just using paddle shifts or an auto since your left foot is still then only doing one task. Getting used to left foot braking whilst you're still using a clutch as well takes a bit longer in my experience. Generally if I've got three pedals to worry about I right foot brake, with only two I left foot brake, this is true in real life too, and the switch is instinctive.

Its better to think this is a 'safe bet' as *most* wheels are also compatible with ps5 and the slew of alternative ps4/5 titles AND pc games.

One issue that’s touchy for me to address is...
First I don’t care what anyone uses as long as they are fun to compete online against.
Second it’s my opinion that a ffb wheel setup with a good screen setup good pedals, and headphones is a TREMENDOUS advantage in race once you get used to them.
I know not everyone has a couple hundred extra bucks and I do get schooled In sure by controller players, but overall the wheel is a TREMENDOUS advantage.
It takes getting used to and it takes a bit of effort to get a nice position of tv etc, but once you do...TREMENDOUS amount more enjoyment and huuuuge competitive advantage imo.
Plus with a little ingenuity you can get a nice positioning of things with very simple and cheap minor fabrication very simple.
My bedroom setup here that I came up with: tv stand with shelf. Simple wheelstand. Wheel close, nice tv. The wheelstand/pedals are pipe foot flanges with threaded pipe bought to length ready to go. The shelf is held up by simple u bolts clamped to the pipe. Matte black spray paint. Woodscrews to hold foot flanges. You can get the idea from this photo. Chair is a surplus swivel chair from goodwill. Swivel is great love that. The pedals and wheel are very stable...Ingenuity. Only problem with this setup is ensuring the chair wheel and screen are centered up to screen center.
I open the video options to get the plus sign center of screen, my eyeline is there, center screen, interestingly in game some cars wheels in cockpit are slightly off center...
If your eyes aren’t centered up even if off just a little it really messes up the ability to hit an apex, definitely.
I’m no alien or top split FIA regular, but a wheel is super enjoyable. Super enjoyable.
Well worth what they want for them when you factor it over time of use.
8E082831-7FDB-4E8F-B9F2-5A597104C19B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back