Tesla Master Plan: Part Deux

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,521 comments
I don't ever recall saying that's directed to anyone on here.
You've openly admitted your comments are directed towards the entire thread.
most people that are triggered by every little thing that has no effect on their lives. Which really fits pretty much everyone else in this thread.

I find that a hard to believe coincidence that following a bunch of posts disliking/joking about the Cybertruck, your post attempting to point out hypocrisy wasn't an indirect reply to them. Esp. given the posting history beforehand from you responding to any Tesla post you saw as negativity, with literally the same response.
I find the negativity hilarious actually.
I think it's hilarious actually.

And not sure how the informative post is included there, was not directed towards anyone and was simply an informative post. :)
You got into another pissing match in this thread that you started, dropped a "Game Over" post, and then shared that post immediately after.
Keep trying though.

There's no try here when your attitude reflects the point.
most people that are triggered by every little thing that has no effect on their lives. Which really fits pretty much everyone else in this thread.

Last edited:
You've openly admitted your comments are directed towards the entire thread.

I find that a hard to believe coincidence that following a bunch of posts disliking/joking about the Cybertruck, your post attempting to point out hypocrisy wasn't an indirect reply to them. Esp. given the posting history beforehand from you responding to any Tesla post you saw as negativity, with literally the same response.

You got into another pissing match in this thread that you started, dropped a "Game Over" post, and then shared that post immediately after.

There's no try here when your attitude reflects the point.
Have a good night sir. :)

Wedgy McWedgeface.

Seriously though, putting aside the window smash incident for one moment, I'm impressed with how durable the stainless steel construction is. It remains to be seen how many changes the Cybertruck will receive to make it more production-ready, but I think the design is starting to grow on me a little bit.

Hot take: I'm perfectly okay with how Cybertruck looks (and even lowkey find its design cool), but I'm far more concerned with how it's gonna function as a vehicle.
First, crump zones. If these are not a thing in this car, then what's gonna absorb the impact energy to keep it from lashing out on the people in the truck?
Second, brakes. From what Musk said, Cybertruck has only one pedal, and its brakes are AI-initiated. I don't like the sound of it - I don't think car autopilots can be trusted enough for relaying cars' braking functions onto them without giving drivers the option to take full control of brakes themselves. As far as my opinion goes, car autopilots are not to be trusted until they meet Jeremy Clarkson's criteria of safe autopilots (as much as Clarkson is generally silly, autopilots are one of things I unironically agree with him on).

Also, I think Musk should be more humble with his promises, and I'm not speaking just in regards of Cybertruck and its windows.

Second, brakes. From what Musk said, Cybertruck has only one pedal, and its brakes are AI-initiated.
Do you have a source for this? I saw it in a tweet the other day but it turned out to be satire. I don't think this is true

I mean, I just did a simple google search (which you could have easily done instead of asking for a link)

It's up to the person making the claim to support it with sources.

Not sure why it matters other than you feel the need to change the topic.

Because it is relevant to the point I was making. If the stock is down despite the decent amount of pre-orders, it's a sign investors aren't confident this will actually make money. Which means all this attention may be meaningless.

The design is a bit extreme, but I don't really hate it. The design philosophy was probably sound, but with just poor execution. I expect elements of the design will get toned down when we reach actual production.

I suspect this truck will find limited success for the same reason that Nissan doesn't sell its full size pick up truck that well comparatively to the market leaders. Pick up truck drivers tend to be a conservative bunch, and this in the end just isn't a Ford, Chevy or Dodge.

--

First, crump zones. If these are not a thing in this car, then what's gonna absorb the impact energy to keep it from lashing out on the people in the truck?

It will have crumple zones. Plastic deformation is not solely found with mild steel. The front will be engineered with the stainless steel material properties in mind to let the front end crumple.

Because it is relevant to the point I was making. If the stock is down despite the decent amount of pre-orders, it's a sign investors aren't confident this will actually make money. Which means all this attention may be meaningless.

The stock price drop was on Friday. Looks like the tweet came out on Saturday. Markets are closed over the weekends. The real test of whether that tweet does anything will be how Tesla stock does on Monday when the markets reopen.

I wonder how many of those pre-orders were after the reveal. Does anyone have this? I can't seem to be bothered to search for it.

I wonder how many of those pre-orders were after the reveal. Does anyone have this? I can't seem to be bothered to search for it.
According to sources I've seen, all of them. It may not have even been available to pre-order prior to the reveal.

According to sources I've seen, all of them. It may not have even been available to pre-order prior to the reveal.

Weird. That seems like a lot of pre-orders. I just cannot get over how stupid this thing looks.

Tesla-Cybertruck-vs-Ford-F150-1.jpg

Weird. That seems like a lot of pre-orders.
It's $100 and it's refundable. It's about as low-risk as pre-orders for anything get. Because it's low-risk, people will chuck money at it without standing to lose much even if Tesla closed and Elon Musk jetted off to Mars tomorrow. A lot of people on my Twitter timeline "pre-ordered" while openly admitting they have no desire to actually buy the thing.

But it's genius on Tesla's part. 200k people giving you $100 is effectively a nice $20million interest-free loan. And you can tell all your investors that 200k people want to buy your future product.

Weird. That seems like a lot of pre-orders. I just cannot get over how stupid this thing looks.

Tesla-Cybertruck-vs-Ford-F150-1.jpg
Grain of salt. Every source I've seen cites an Elon Musk tweet as its source for that information.

If the $100 deposit is refundable I fully expect that many of those pre-orders were simply from ardent Tesla fans desperate to alleviate some of the embarrassment for Musk.

And by the way, to anyone who is thinking that this is forward-thinking car design future. Let me show you how much our car aesthetic preferences have changed over many years. This is a good sampling of how fickle buyers follow the latest design trend. It should show you just how important it is to shake things up, and predict the future of car fashion in order to woo buyers.

porsche-2.jpg

Yeah the refundable $100 pre-order is, to me, clearly a marketing move and cash raise. I also don't buy that the material & manufacturing process dictated the form of the vehicle - Elon wanted his wedge truck. If they do end up building this thing, I hope they make a Corten Steel version. Now that would be rad.

That's too flamboyant for me.
:lol:

Like weathering steel isn't. I'll grant you that a shipping container isn't itself ostentatious, but a vehicle not expected to be made of the same material, rolling down the road attracting attention as it likely would, is.

It wasn't offered as a serious alternative, but the Corten wasn't taken as particularly serious either.

:P

:lol:

Like weathering steel isn't. I'll grant you that a shipping container isn't itself ostentatious, but a vehicle not expected to be made of the same material, rolling down the road attracting attention as it likely would, is.

It wasn't offered as a serious alternative, but the Corten wasn't taken as particularly serious either.

:P

Corten is for the cognoscenti. Damascus is the Imagine Dragons of steel finishes. 👎

;)

Then why? Makes no sense.
For social media lulz, of course. Same reason people paid Elon $500 for a butane powered gardening tool that you could get in Lowe's for about $99 (state laws permitting).

I also have to wonder if the timing of this reveal has anything to do with Tesla's Chinese factory being very close to starting full production. Maybe they want to deflect attention away from that to avoid the wrath of Mad King Donald. Granted a Twitter war between him and Musk would be nothing short of amazing, but probably not good for business.

Back