Test Drive Feature for GT6 / 7

• Thread starter mcalva98
  • 8 comments
United States
USA
mcalva98
Hi Kazunori, I just have one question. I see a lot of people saying that they would want to test drive an expensive car before buying it. There are some cars in GT6 that are expensive but are not worth buying.

It seems that yall were going to add this feature, as it was shaded out in the GT Academy 2013 Demo, but it was eventually taken out.

Will the Test Drive feature ever be in GT6, or any other Gran Turismo game?

2014-07-23 18.58.34.png

Last edited:
Interesting. I'm not sure i will go for it, though, as really getting to know a car takes a while.... (shrug)

I can really see this helping out. I can see how myself and others would like to at least get a feel for a car before purchasing it, just to be sure that it is something one would be willing to purchase. This could be very useful on some high dollar cars.

maybe they took it out because, once you finish the game at least, you wouldn't have to buy them; you could just test drive them.

that is the only reasonable point I can think of for them to remove it. its still a weak argument, and i would WAY prefer the feature, but its possible.

maybe they took it out because, once you finish the game at least, you wouldn't have to buy them; you could just test drive them.
I think this could be mitigated by maybe limiting the amount of time that a player has on the track with the vehicle, and also limiting the track to only one circuit for test driving. Maybe something like Motorland in GT4, or even Apricot Hill. This way, a player would have a good idea of how a car drives before buying it, but the test drive feature wouldn't eliminate the need for buying it.

maybe they took it out because, once you finish the game at least, you wouldn't have to buy them; you could just test drive them. that is the only reasonable point I can think of for them to remove it. its still a weak argument, and i would WAY prefer the feature, but its possible.
When you are trying to further monetize your game with ''micro''-transactions, this is bound to happen.

Either way, a test drive feature would be another great addition to the series. I also belive that there should be no limitations as far as track selection goes. However, at least a 10 minute trial (or more) as a bare minimum could be offered for a tiny sum of credits.

Then we get into arguments of "Why can't I use my garage car?...."

But, so saying, favorites works okay with that, so.... (shrug)

There's been many a time where I've had buyers remorse from buying cars that didn't cater to my needs in GT. Yes please to test drive. Heck even a small test course in a sprint fascia to test all aspects of a car before buying it.

Back