Test of the Demo cars

• Thread starter kekke2000
  • 39 comments
Good write-up. Despite only driving some of the cars once, and using R3 tires, I'd say that your summaries of the cars are pretty accurate. The Lancer Evoulution X (my favorite car in the demo) summary I'd say is dead-on.

Good write-up. Despite only driving some of the cars once, and using R3 tires, I'd say that your summaries of the cars are pretty accurate. The Lancer Evoulution X (my favorite car in the demo) summary I'd say is dead-on.

thank you :)

what about testing the G25 wheel? i mean, i just installed my setup. and i know there are some options for the wheel in the menu, but i just don't know how to tweak them? did anyone found options like changing the wheel from 900 degrees to 180, changing deadzones and stuff?

anybody here knows japanese and can translate the options menu? (for wheel settings)

thanks

what about testing the G25 wheel? i mean, i just installed my setup. and i know there are some options for the wheel in the menu, but i just don't know how to tweak them? did anyone found options like changing the wheel from 900 degrees to 180, changing deadzones and stuff?

anybody here knows japanese and can translate the options menu? (for wheel settings)

thanks

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99237

I have posted my complaints about the demo in another thread, however, having spent some time in the demo now (with the correct settings) I will say that it is a significant improvement over GT4 in the physics department.

However, it does seem to me that oversteer is still underdone, braking is too easy & weight transfer is minimally represented, so that it still feels very much in the GT tradition. It's the exact opposite of Forza 2 which continued in the vein of Forza 1 with very tricking braking, little understeer & massive oversteer. (I actually wonder if part of the sense of the braking being too easy in GT, comes from no tire marks on the pavement, which makes it seem like you're floating thru the turn, whereas in Forza you leave rubber on the road all over the place.)

As far as the cars in the demo are concerned, I think my favorite is the BMW. The GTR is a big disappointment - fast, but so smooth & well-mannered that it's not very exciting to drive. It would have been really nice to have had a powerful RR car in the demo so that we could really put the "improved physics" to the test...

My comment about the G25 in the demo, is that the steering feels very light & not much FF, as others have said. I really like the steering options in DiRT (the demo, I don't have the game) where you can set the "weight" of the wheel as well as the FF - it would be nice to have this option in GT5/P.

My comment about the G25 in the demo, is that the steering feels very light & not much FF, as others have said. I really like the steering options in DiRT (the demo, I don't have the game) where you can set the "weight" of the wheel as well as the FF - it would be nice to have this option in GT5/P.

off topic, but still, since you said it... everytime i hear i feel dumber. to me dirt with the G25 is umplayable. i just don't know what to say. works fine with pro street and GT, but with dirt...

as for the feedback, now looking at the translations, there is an option to change the feedback from weak to strong... maybe that's the problem?

off topic, but still, since you said it... everytime i hear i feel dumber. to me dirt with the G25 is umplayable. i just don't know what to say. works fine with pro street and GT, but with dirt...

as for the feedback, now looking at the translations, there is an option to change the feedback from weak to strong... maybe that's the problem?

I agree DiRT (at least the demo) is difficult with the wheel, but I like the fact that it is adjustable to suit preference. I'm wondering about other people's reaction to the FF & wheel "weight" in the GT demo.

I agree DiRT (at least the demo) is difficult with the wheel, but I like the fact that it is adjustable to suit preference. I'm wondering about other people's reaction to the FF & wheel "weight" in the GT demo.

Most of the people (if not all) are on your side in the light steering question. It will probably be fixed until GT5, maybe even GT5p. I dont care, sixaxis ftw!

Back