GT Super Formula - testing onlyFinished 

Final Voting! Category to run next season:

• Super GT (touring car)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I say keep it similar to last season. It's good that the top three in the first race have to start at the back and on slower tyres in the second race.

Maybe qualy could be longer so that you can get a few runs in. 10/15/20mins long. That way you can really build up to a real good hot lap.

Can't even remember how long qualy was with you guys? A lap or 2?

Sounds good 👍

LMP1000 was mint but I think we should continue the tradition from the M1 hosting era and switch car categories each season.

Super GT would be similar to the previous JGTC season. The MR cars weren't used because they were very difficult to spec. The modern cars have more power but it should probably be kept the same format with just 2 types of FR cars alternating after 5 rounds to keep everything fair and balanced.

F1 I voted for because I have raced a similar series but with lower power and sports hard tyres. It was thoroughly enjoyable but it had heavy damage so my races kept getting ruined by people running into the back of me. One thing to bear in mind with this is once you get below 5 or so on the rear tyres the car becomes extremely difficult to control. But like I said this was on sports tyres so racing may be different.

GT3 you can use the specs from the old ORDL league as a solid starting basis (M1 and the guys from it know them). One thing I remember I think the Audi r8 was a tiny bit quicker than everything but it was difficult to control which compensated.

Whichever is chosen its more about the quality of the drivers than anything else that defines a good series. As long as the cars are balanced properly any one of the above should be good!

I think that last seasons format was really good with the exception of a minor tweak in qualifying. The time alotted for qualifying should take into account the different length of tracks. I would prefer to have sufficient time to complete 3 laps for qualifying. This would give the drivers essentially two laps to set a quick time. Having said that being forced to have only 1 quick lap did add to some qualifying pressure. All four car options would be good.

minor tweak in qualifying. The time alotted for qualifying should take into account the different length of tracks. I would prefer to have sufficient time to complete 3 laps for qualifying.

I thought qualifying needed refining - generated some suprises as intended - but some small changes track to track would be a good thing definitely.

Testing this Sunday 28th at 21:00

Running the following:

• Super GT
GTR08 840hp 1130kg
Z 830 1160
SC430 910 1100
HSV12 860 1160
HSV11 860 1140

• Formula Gran Turismo
700hp RH tyres
900hp RS tyres

Wet weather round (fixed weather)
Non-championship oval race
Nurburgring (full)

Every time I have been involved in one of these it ALWAYS ends in complete chaos, even with a grid of skilled drivers. So no, please.

wet weather: MR/FR cars spin out as soon as you mash the throttle so you have to crawl around at like ~20mph.
oval: always a giant crash fest, one car usually wins by miles and half the people retire.
nurb: In high power cars on a narrow track, do I really need to explain why this is a bad idea?

Final test report from last night:

600hp
600kg
RM
Tyre @ normal
After 15min of close racing, tyre left at appox 70% all round and lap times are still very good, on this setting, 1 set of RM should be good for over 20min.

How did testing go last night?

I think 800hp/650kg/RM normal

Suzuka then Fuji?

Try to optimise HP for close battles

Say 9 tomorrow?

What a mess yesterday. I got booted of the server with two corners left in the first race and then got the dreaded black screen about halfway through the second race. I can only assume that my PS3 was upset and was acting out because I have ignored it for so long. I did learn somethings about this car and will need to spend some quality testing time to get it competitive. The tire model is strange for this beast. It appears that the car drives fine for a few laps and almost instantly the handling start to deteriorate the car gets real loose quickly. This could have something to do with my setup but clearly tire management and strategy are going to be very important. This should be good racing.

Yeah your right, the tyers fall off the cliff pretty sharpish. About 553 meters into lap 5, haha. As long as you know it's coming it's not to bad.

Trail mountain would be good for these cars.

Oh and you or the other guy in race two were lagging bad. That's what it looked like from two cars back.

Back