Tetsu's Custom Livery Thread

United States
Houston, TX
The_TetsuKobura
Welcome to my livery thread! Here I will be posting my awesome designs that I make. I plan on making a bunch of different ones, so if it gets too crowded I'll add a link to each one.

First up is going to be an R35 GT3 with a classic livery that is still one of my favorites to this day: the Gran Turismo Skyline GTR R34 livery from GT4. I added certain logos to modernize the look of it.

You can find this livery by searching the following tags: tetsu, granturismo, gtr
IMG_6167.JPG
IMG_6168.JPG
IMG_6169.JPG
IMG_6170.JPG

Last edited:
I decided to try my luck with the Pennzoil NISMO GTR livery from the JGTC era. Unfortunately it's missing the places where NISMO goes because there wasn't a decal, but this turned out better than expected.

You can find this by searching the tags "pennzoil, gtr, tetsu"
IMG_6198.JPG
IMG_6199.JPG
IMG_6200.JPG

All are amazing, but i Love the MotoGP inspired one! One of my fist attempts at the livery editor has turned into a Rossi-inspired design. I'll post it when it's a little further along. Nice work.

Today I contemplated my life while making this, because the stupid curves took forever to tilt/expand. However the end result was better than expected.

Here's my recreation of the Castrol TOMS Supra from 2000. You can find this by searching tags, "Castrol, Supra, Tetsu."
IMG_6272.JPG
IMG_6273.JPG
IMG_6274.JPG

All are amazing, but i Love the MotoGP inspired one! One of my fist attempts at the livery editor has turned into a Rossi-inspired design. I'll post it when it's a little further along. Nice work.
Thank you :)

I joked around with a few guys about making a Micro Mouse Mappy livery, but you manged to create an Assoluto-esque livery. Neat! :)

I joked around with a few guys about making a Micro Mouse Mappy livery, but you manged to create an Assoluto-esque livery. Neat! :)
I'm probably going to screw around with an Assoulto livery on the Veneno, or maybe a Danzer (?) livery for the mustang/Corvette today. Never realized RR had some nice liveries.

Love the Pennzoil GTR. Some of that lettering must of took hours.

He cheated. He just enlarged the existing Pennzoil logo and mask it ;)
Note that "cheating" in that case is not insulting, it's actually really clever, considering the editor capabilities.

The Calsonic letters, however, were hand made.

(PS : I'm a big fan of Tetsu's work, and already download his creations since the demo)

Love the Pennzoil GTR. Some of that lettering must of took hours.

He cheated. He just enlarged the existing Pennzoil logo and mask it ;)
Note that "cheating" in that case is not insulting, it's actually really clever, considering the editor capabilities.

(PS : I'm a big fan of Tetsu's work, and already download his creations since the demo)
sssshhhhhh don't tell him ;)

But yeah the text would've taken forever to perfect, not to mention there were a lot of different letters.

By the way I will be uploading a few more ridge racer liveries later. I've also reuploaded an updated livery for the ef7 vgt car.

Today I contemplated my life while making this, because the stupid curves took forever to tilt/expand. However the end result was better than expected.

Here's my recreation of the Castrol TOMS Supra from 2000. You can find this by searching tags, "Castrol, Supra, Tetsu."
View attachment 681656 View attachment 681657 View attachment 681658

Thank you :)
The curves in gt sport is very annoying to use. I really had alot of challenges making my viper. Its the fact that certain bonnet areas skews for no aparent reason! Also the edges on the roof and rear fenders to name a few.

My favorite is your Calsonic GTR! That was one of my childhood favorite!

I love what you did with the Pennzoil logo. Can I ask if you managed to find a way to match the yellow on the decal with the yellow paint pf the car?

I love what you did with the Pennzoil logo. Can I ask if you managed to find a way to match the yellow on the decal with the yellow paint pf the car?
It's basically guessing on the color selector. There isn't a true shade that matches the yellow in the logo. What GT Sport should've added was some tool that generates the color from selecting a part of the car. Only then could this livery be perfected.

May I add that it seems you have chosen a metallic yellow for the base colour, whereas the stickers can only be solid (or I am missing something ?).

May I add that it seems you have chosen a metallic yellow for the base colour, whereas the stickers can only be solid (or I am missing something ?).
Hmm, I honestly don't remember, but it doesn't matter anyway because I don't think I can update liveries made on the demo. Otherwise I'd check what paint settings I used.

If you can do that, I'll be happy to attempt to change 👍

I decided to build on the Corvette Gr.4 livery I made and make it far better, as well as also finalize my racing livery for the major championships/Sport Mode. I present to you, my finished US Corvette livery. When the Image uploader is added, Petroheads Racing will be changed to HAAS, and Webster will be Monster Energy. You'll notice there are 50 stars on this car, with the Lone Star of Texas on the roof to symbolize that everything is bigger in Texas.

You can find this by searching the tags: petroheads, webster, corvette.
corvette54 1.jpg
corvette54 2.jpg
corvette54 3.jpg

Some awesome individuals uploaded the HAAS Automation decals, and then the monster energy ones, so I was able to finally recreate the Stewart Haas Racing car Kurt Busch uses.

You can find this by searching tags: HAAS, monster, mustang
IMG_6563.JPG
IMG_6564.JPG
IMG_6565.JPG

This livery was long overdue and can now be made thanks to the decal uploader. I present Ford Chip Ganassi Racing's IMSA GTLM livery.

You can find this by searching tags: Ford, chipganassi, mustang
IMG_6583.JPG
IMG_6584.JPG
IMG_6585.JPG

Back