Thank you, PD (no sarcasm)

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 54 comments
Finland
Finland
We can finally sell cars. It was promised all the way back in March, shortly after the game's launch. PD said it would be a near future update, which is why everyone was anxious for it to arrive. And that day is today!

Best of all, there are no catch behind the new Car Valuation Service, except that you can only sell one car of the same model daily. But other than that, you're free as a bird to sell any car you don't desire, and you receive a generous amount for it.

I sold all the duplicates I could, including cars I would never drive, or at least any time soon. Selling the car you only own one piece of won't erase it from your car collection either.

Thank you, PD. This feels like a proper anniversary update now.

What do you plan on doing with your garage?

Except you can't sell legend cars at their true real world value. I mean I get why they did it, but it just proves their "we think it's important for cars to reflect real world values" reasoning for realistic prices in LCD was malarky.

Realistic prices when they sell them to tempt you into MTs, unrealistic prices when you sell to make sure MTs are still tempting.

It's actually a nicely implemented feature with the only limitation being only able to sell 1 of each type of car a day.

The prices fluctuating over time and dependent on mileage and condition all adds to it.

Except you can't sell legend cars at their true real world value. I mean I get why they did it, but it just proves their "we think it's important for cars to reflect real world values" reasoning for realistic prices in LCD was malarky.

Realistic prices when they sell them to tempt you into MTs, unrealistic prices when you sell to make sure MTs are still tempting.
Proof that the value of a car drops once owned by the average GT player. Seems pretty accurate to me 😂

It's actually a nicely implemented feature with the only limitation being only able to sell 1 of each type of car a day.

The prices fluctuating over time and dependent on mileage and condition all adds to it.

Proof that the value of a car drops once owned by the average GT player. Seems pretty accurate to me 😂
Except it also doesn't make much sense. I had 2 cars, Audi R8 LMS, one sold for more than the other. And the strange part? The one that sold for more had more milage, and was in poor condition. The cheaper one was brand new, 0 milage and excellent condition. Neither were modified.

Last edited:
Except it also doesn't make much sense. I had 2 cars, Audi R8 LMS, one sold for more than the other. And the strange part? The one that sold for more had more milage, and was in poor condition. The cheaper one was brand new, 0 milage and excellent condition. Neither were modified.
Supposedly the value is also affected by how many cars of the same model are being sold by around the world users (which kinda makes some sense), so it could be just the case of you selling the brand new one after the other one, and having a depreciation on how many cars are being sold.
On other note, probably the one with more mileage and poor condition, not having "modifications", maybe had different tires acquired, as well as ballast and power restrictor, that could add up to the value.

Selling the car you only own one piece of won't erase it from your car collection either.
Oh really? Mwuhahahaha...

For reference:
Fun Fact:
GT7 only allows you to discard a car if you own more than one of it.

I learned that after I tried to discard this week's Corvette C7 POS from my garage. So I bought a second one purely for the pleasure of deleting the first.

Yes, I am that petty. However, the ZR-1 deserves this for trying its darnedest to make me hate all FR cars.

1000+ miles of misery and a 1:13:4xx. Never again.
Goodbye Corvette, it was NOT nice knowing you.

1669291618626.png

I love how they implemented the car selling feature and that there are no catches to it, meaning that you can sell all the cars you want.
I wonder what it is that affects a car's valuation? Is it the same for everybody? Are we able to affect it ourselves?
I'm getting flashbacks of buying and selling used cars in NFS Porsche and making loads of cash flipping them :D

I love how they implemented the car selling feature and that there are no catches to it, meaning that you can sell all the cars you want.
I wonder what it is that affects a car's valuation? Is it the same for everybody? Are we able to affect it ourselves?
I'm getting flashbacks of buying and selling used cars in NFS Porsche and making loads of cash flipping them :D
I didn't play the game yet, but I see we can sell them for about 50-60% of value, so i guess it won't be possible to actually earn money this way.
I wonder what is base price for calculating a selling value? Because.. I did but Porsche 911 GT1 when it was for about 2 or 3 mil, and now this car costs 9 mil. Soooo if it takes current price as base and then cuts it in 50-60% I could earn around 1.5 mil for just selling it.

I didn't play the game yet, but I see we can sell them for about 50-60% of value, so i guess it won't be possible to actually earn money this way.
I wonder what is base price for calculating a selling value? Because.. I did but Porsche 911 GT1 when it was for about 2 or 3 mil, and now this car costs 9 mil. Soooo if it takes current price as base and then cuts it in 50-60% I could earn around 1.5 mil for just selling it.
That's kind of what I meant. It will take some time to figure out, but maybe there are some cars that we can buy several of and then sell them all later for a profit :)
But as of now, yeah - bought a Sierra for 200k, the valuation service then offered me 94k for the same car :D

but maybe there are some cars that we can buy several of and then sell them all later for a profit
No chance. The Legendary cars, which SHOULD hold their value going by PDs claims of realistic pricing of vehicles in the game, lose the same huge value the minute you buy them. Bought the Barker Tourer for 13M? Sorry, it's now instantly only worth 6.1M.

Who are we selling to? Why are they only offering a fraction of the current market value? Why was it supposedly worth 8M two weeks ago? None of this makes sense in their "realistic car values" mantra. Why are we not getting Hagerty valuations? Rhetorical question, we all know why.

ezgif-1-1a6e3897f1.jpg

Last edited:
No chance. The Legendary cars, which SHOULD hold their value going by PDs claims of realistic pricing of vehicles in the game, lose the same huge value the minute you buy them. Bought the Barker Tourer for 13M? Sorry, it's now instantly only worth 6.1M.

Who are we selling to? Why are they only offering a fraction of the current market value? Why was it supposedly worth 8M two weeks ago? None of this makes sense in their "realistic car values" mantra. Why are we not getting Hagerty valuations? Rhetorical question, we all know why.

View attachment 1210448
careful, the moment people here even get a whiff of what it is you are implying, you're on the chopping block.

It will definitely make earning money much easier to do now, I pretty much own all of the cars I planned on purchasing originally and am now really only saving up for any future $1,000,000+ cars in upcoming DLCs and anytime I receive a car I don't want from a Roulette ticket I will just sell it.

The DLC is actually alot better than I thought it would be though it's still not perfect as there are still no Gr.2 events and only 1 new semi decent paying regular event not including the special ones. I rate it a 7/10

Actually not true. My Veneno used for AFK grinding has over 90,000 km (oil/engine/chassis all in bad state) and the body is valued the same price as a perfectly fresh 0 km Veneno. In fact the total price taking into account tuning parts is actually higher for the grinding car!

Honestly there's nothing special about this new car valuation system apart from the price going up/down by a few thousand every week. Legendary cars like the 917K only sells for half(ish) the price it's sold at Hagerty (11 mil vs 18 mil). It's just the same ol' GT car selling system dressed up with some excel charts. PD withheld this feature for 8 months blueballing the community and now they treat it like a special feature worthy of the 25th Anniversary update. Some people are just easily pleased I guess...

Last edited:
Actually not true. My Veneno used for AFK grinding has over 90,000 km (oil/engine/chassis all in bad state) and the body is valued the same price as a perfectly fresh 0 km Veneno. In fact the total price taking into account tuning parts is actually higher for the grinding car!

Honestly there's nothing special about this new car valuation system apart from the price going up/down by a few thousand every week. Legendary cars like the 917K only sells for half(ish) the price it's sold at Hagerty (11 mil vs 18 mil). It's just the same ol' GT car selling system dressed up to look nice. PD withheld this feature for 8 months blueballing the community and now they treat it like a special feature worthy of the 25th Anniversary update. Some people are just easily pleased I guess...
It's not about being easily pleased. This feature should have come much much sooner (at launch basically). But the expectation was not being able to sell gift cars and only being able to sell duplicates. The fact that neither of these things are true is great.

PD could very easily have just added a sell button that gave you 33% of the purchase value and been done with it, but they've implemented something with way more substance than that. I don't understand the intricacies of how the valuation is arrived at, but the fact this is something we can play around with is also great. If you don't want to play that particular game, just ignore it and just sell your car for some credits.

I also don't understand why some people would want to buy a legend car and then sell it. That seems like a weird thing to do.

Personally, it seems some people will find fault in everything.

Back