Thanks and Congratulations SMS & WMD Members!

• Thread starter F1Racer68
  • 15 comments
Canada
In front of you.
F1_Racer68
The title says it all but I wanted to take a moment and congratulate both Slightly Mad Studios and the WMD members of this community.

This is a huge day for all of you, and soon for all of us. I think the reviews we have seen so far speak volumes to the success of the effort you have all put in to this one-of-a-kind game and development process.

It has been a long road for you (and for those of us waiting on the sidelines) but you have finally reached the target. The game is going live around the world and thanks to you, the number of video game/racing widows has just increased 10 fold :D

But seriously, many thanks to all of you for all of your hard work.

I must sign off now.... things to finish before my Steam copy unlocks in just under 3 hours.

Doesn't feel like it was over 3 and a half years ago I blindly handed over my money in exchange for a dream. Back then it was looking baron for racing sims that looked as good as they played. We all took a punt and it's paid off, they delivered!

Congrats to SMS, congrats to the members who helped shape the game and provide feedback, and congrats to the people like me who handed over the dough, sat back, and did nothing but takes credit for backing it (pats back) :lol:

THANKS! i really mean it, thanks SMS and all the backers from WMD!

since my preload wasn't fully finished, i was forced to play a whole LMP1 weekend on dubai and... this is hands down the best racing experience on a gaming console iv ever had. sound makes everything! words can't describe the blast i just had. iv watched ALL videos on youtube for 3 years and most now close to release, to be then impressed and surprised on such a high level, just insane! thanks SMS.

for Pcars2 i will be on WMD too, thats for sure!

Good idea @F1Racer68 👍👍 A huge :cheers: and a :bowdown: to everyone that particpated in this project. I so want this to work so badly, mainly because of the crowdfunding and the community development approach. I don't believe this has been done on this scale, certainly not in this genre nor for consoles that I'm aware, and I hope it becomes a template for future game development. Well done boys and girls, well done:cheers:

As an Xbox One player I have to give these guys a HUGE thank you for bringing us a different option from the Forza series that has gone completely stale and boring. This looks to be a very big step forward, at least for console racing and I'm extremely excited to boot up the game on the 12th here in the US.

You guys may have just saved the entire racing genre this gen, and for that I salute you!

I don't post much here at all, but after playing PCars on PS4 I have to say a thank you to all who made this happen. There are always to many people quick to complain and not to show thanks. Well here is a BIG BIG thank you from me. My expectations have been surpassed. Great thread

So amazing all those Fanatec CSW v2 drivers kept quiet during the entire dev period! Thanks for nothing but Day One nightmares for high-budget clients.

CSW v2, CSSQ2, CSP v2, 918 RSR. On PS4.

So amazing all those Fanatec CSW v2 drivers kept quiet during the entire dev period! Thanks for nothing but Day One nightmares for high-budget clients.

CSW v2, CSSQ2, CSP v2, 918 RSR. On PS4.

I am a CSWv2 beta tester and worked with the physics dev even behind WMD scenes. I had absolutely no issues on PC.

WMD members of course have absolutely no access to PS4 or XB1 development kits. So we could not test the console versions and it was done by a hired testing firm. So blame I do not think WMD is to blame at all.

I am a CSWv2 beta tester and worked with the physics dev even behind WMD scenes. I had absolutely no issues on PC.

WMD members of course have absolutely no access to PS4 or XB1 development kits. So we could not test the console versions and it was done by a hired testing firm. So blame I do not think WMD is to blame at all.

Thanks for this. External contractors will always raise problems, and this is indeed one. Thanks for your testing, and promise me you'll raise this with WMD :-)

It has been a pleasure to hang out on GTP, sharing the journey with friendly enthusiasts. Sometimes it's good to have a look 'outside', and for me GTP is the reference for an end user community. Unlike so many places out there on the wild wild web, this place offers encouragement and positivity, and you guys have given inspiration and good feedback - we knew that WMD was making something that you wanted and hopefully would like.

So thanks to the people of GTP too for being such a good 'audience'! :gtpflag:

Thanks for this. External contractors will always raise problems, and this is indeed one. Thanks for your testing, and promise me you'll raise this with WMD :-)

You can always raise it yourself over at the official forums which just launched. Which is a central public place in which all WMD members are ready to help and devs will be lurking to put issues on the list to be mended if necessary and if it's not dotted down yet. :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/

Last edited:
Back