That’s it. I’m officially in love with GT7.

• Thread starter PletdeKoe
  • 68 comments
PletdeKoe
Ever since GT7 came out there was something mesmerizing about it. It was a looker. The reflections on the car, the smoothness, the HDR. Then came the skies, my god the skies. I have never been struck by the sun in a videogame as much as with GT7. Piercing through some thick clouds during the morning, or late in the evening coloring everything with a subtle pink glow. Even the dashbord in my car is affected by the light of the setting sun.

Then the cars, oh my the cars. They are a handfull, but once you get to know them and tinker with the setup you can have a lifetime of enjoyment in simply putting these cars on one of the so many tracks. There are so many of them that sometimes you “rediscover” a track and then are totally engrossed in that track again. It is amazing.

There are flaws, but I can’t keep my eyes of gt7. The good stuff is simply to good. And keeps on getting better with every new bit added.

Love you Gt7.

Last edited:
Ever since GT7 came out there was something mesmerizing about it. It was a looker. The reflections on the car, the smoothness, the HDR. Then came the skies, my god the skies. I have never been struck by the sun in a videogame as much as with GT7. Piercing through some thick clouds during the morning, or late in the evening coloring everything with a subtle pink glow. Even the dashbord in my car is affected by the light of the setting sun.

Then the cars, oh my the cars. They are a handfull, but once you get to know them and tinker with the setup you can have a lifetime of enjoyment in simply putting these cars on one of the so many tracks. There are so many of them that sometimes you “rediscover” a track and then are totally engrossed in that track again. It is amazing.

There are flaws, but I can’t keep my eyes of gt7. The good stuff is simply to good. And keeps on getting better with every new bit added.

Love you Gt7.
Nah! If I took the bait and and answered this I'm sure I would get banned ;-) It is just a little too obvious you are phishing for a response ;-) ;-)

Nah! If I took the bait and and answered this I'm sure I would get banned ;-) It is just a little too obvious you are phishing for a response ;-) ;-)
You responded. Wait! So did I. Dagnabbit!

happy chicago pd GIF

After enjoying quite a bit GT5 and 6, I skipped GT Sport due to having no interest in online racing, and not being in the mood anymore after the offline content was added.

For some reason, GT7 "return to form" State of Play start of the year pushed me to play it ahead of Horizon and Elden Ring - 2 games I was really looking forward to.

I very much enjoyed the single player content, put around 120h in completing the menu, getting gold on the CE/mission/licenses, and so on. Everything looked great, sounded great, played great. Very happy with my time with the game.

Once done I though "let's do the 50 online races, get the platinum and move on".

Well... 4 months later, I now have 400h clocked, and still didn't start Elden Ring.
I'm having an absolute blast between the Daily races and Time Trial.

KCR
After enjoying quite a bit GT5 and 6, I skipped GT Sport due to having no interest in online racing, and not being in the mood anymore after the offline content was added.

For some reason, GT7 "return to form" State of Play start of the year pushed me to play it ahead of Horizon and Elden Ring - 2 games I was really looking forward to.

I very much enjoyed the single player content, put around 120h in completing the menu, getting gold on the CE/mission/licenses, and so on. Everything looked great, sounded great, played great. Very happy with my time with the game.

Once done I though "let's do the 50 online races, get the platinum and move on".

Well... 4 months later, I now have 400h clocked, and still didn't start Elden Ring.
That’s hilarious! I haven’t even opened Elden Ring yet myself! Nor any of the stack of games I got back in January. I’ve just become obsessed with learning this one.

Love you Gt7.
Well said.

well said GIF by The Opposition w/ Jordan Klepper

KCR

good on you. IMO the only reason why people do not like Online racing is the check to their ego.
If you have no ego, and just want to compare yourself to others, its pretty amazing.

good on you. IMO the only reason why people do not like Online racing is the check to their ego.
If you have no ego, and just want to compare yourself to others, its pretty amazing.
Ego has nothing to do with it for me. I for one don't like "PvP" for other reasons and even avoided GT Sport initially like @KCR. It wasn't until well after release and the SP content added that I bought it and had a lot of fun.

I avoid "PvP" in this game as well as several others simply because of the behavior of some strangers that ruin the fun for me (co-op is a different story in games that support it). Has absolutely nothing to do with ego, fear of competition, etc. If GT7 was better at penalizing players, griefers, etc., I might give that aspect of the game more of a chance.

Hell, if more of my PS friends were into racing games, I would likely be playing online with them. In fact, I wish the game had an option to fill the field so it would make it more interesting for those who want to play with a small group of friends. If that were the case, I might be able to convince some of them to buy the game and join me.

More power to those who enjoy it and can find ways around the shortcomings I have with it.

While this is quite clearly a bait thread, the OP could've at least made it sound less obvious.

While GT7 has a crap ton of flaws, there's many things, other than the graphics and number of cars and tracks, that he could've talked about and elaborate more on why they are good.

IMO the only reason why people do not like Online racing is the check to their ego.

3 same races per week
3 entries per hour where you have to wait quite a few minutes to enter a race... 2 if you choose the longer 10+ lap race.
Same old Gr.4/Gr.3 categories and the one-make Road car race. All with barely any strategy to them.
No dynamic weather in races to make the races actually unpredictable.
No tuning in races to judge your own ability in tuning cars, because they have the system broken.
Crappy penalty system.
Insulting payouts.

... Was this enough reason to not like GT7's online racing?

lol ego... Maybe it is for some people, but don't judge everyone like that.

Love you Gt7.
Then you tempt the games industry you prey on consumer shallowness and stupidity. You will get content-weak bugged scams forever. Games will cost more and more, microtransactions and eventually, adverts, will become the norm. Content and gameplay will become shallower and grinding will string it out.

Humans are the only random factor in the universe. We make it interesting, complex and unpredictable. If you want variety and longevity, you need multiplayer, something that GT7 can't deliver with any level of competence.

There was an old mantra used for games in the 80's when shallow prettiness started to become a thing; "graphics do not a great game make".

In the end you will get what you deserve.

Last edited:
I just don't care to race online. If you enjoy online racing that's cool but don't make sweeping generalizations about people who don't care for online racing.

Last edited:
Still not in love with Sport mode, driving is too dirty for me.

Just plugging away at my licences and Circuit Experiences. Still struggling with IA-10 need another second

kjb
I just don't care to race online. If you enjoy online racing that's cool but don't make sweeping generalizations about people who don't care for online racing.
ok but why dont you care to race online?

In Sport mode some people are assholes, if you are better than them you can either be faster, end their race or both. I honestly see learning to read people and their driving behavior as one of the challenges of sport mode.

but I also keep a list of people who intentional drive dirty and just punt them on sight.

Then you tempt the games industry you prey on consumer shallowness and stupidity. You will get content-weak bugged scams forever. Games will cost more and more, microtransactions and eventually, adverts, will become the norm. Content and gameplay will become shallower and grinding will string it out.

Humans are the only random factor in the universe. We make it interesting, complex and unpredictable. If you want variety and longevity, you need multiplayer, something that GT7 can't deliver with any level of competence.

There was an old mantra used for games in the 80's when shallow prettiness started to become a thing; "graphics do not a great game make".

In the end you will get what you deserve.
dads-were-doomed.gif

ok but why dont you care to race online?

In Sport mode some people are assholes, if you are better than them you can either be faster, end their race or both. I honestly see learning to read people and their driving behavior as one of the challenges of sport mode.

but I also keep a list of people who intentional drive dirty and just punt them on sight.
I don't enjoy it. Just that simple. TBH I prefer doing time trials or hot laps. I have done online races before and I didn't enjoy it

Love you Gt7.
You seem to be one of the few Guys around here who shares the same attitude I have too.
I absolutely ENJOY GT7.
Of course the Game has its Design Flaws and of course it’s not perfect, but the positive Aspects outweigh them by far, at least for me.
Me personally, I ONLY play this Game because of its Driving Experience.
Driving all sorts of different Cars around all Tracks with all sorts of different Tires and stuff is what keeps me enjoying GT7.
I mainly play the Custom Race Mode and the sheer Amount of possibilities is simply overwhelming.
The Graphics, the Car Sounds, the Ambience, just everything about GT7 is outstanding and highly addictive to me.
I absolutely adore this Game.
That doesn’t mean that I’d ever neglect its flaws.
But I can easily overlook them as the fun I get by driving and playing the Game just massively outperforms these Flaws.

To each his own, but to me it’s just the perfect Racing Experience.
Yes, I’d like more Tracks and yes I’d love to see more Options available for Custom Race Mode and for sure I’d like to see a better Penalty System but that doesn’t hinder me to stop enjoying GT7.

And as much as I love the Online Aspect of GT7 but I personally simply get waaaay more Entertainment from Single Player Mode.
I highly appreciate your positive Attitude and in General by reading your Message I think you seem to be a positive Attitude Type of Dude.
You know, for Guys like us the Cup is always half full 😁

GT7 in my opinion is going to become better and better over time and every update proves it.
Patience and understanding for PD and Kaz‘ Philosophy is what is crucial to keep calm and just be able to enjoy GT7 for what it is, at least for me.
The probably best Console Racing Game besides Project Cars 2.

Patience and understanding for PD and Kaz‘ Philosophy is what is crucial to keep calm
Maybe people would find that easier if they knew what that philosophy was. It's hard to be patient with someone when they don't tell you what they're planning to do. Imagine you have some building work done on your property, and they don't give you any target dates for things to be completed, they don't tell you what they're planning to do to fix any of the issues and when, they just say "Have patience". You surely wouldn't be patient and understating. Especially not if something you said you'd get done as priority was still not done 6 months later.

Last edited:
Maybe people would find that easier if they knew what that philosophy was. It's hard to be patient with someone when they don't tell you what they're planning to do. Imagine you have some building work done on your property, and they don't give you any target dates for things to be completed, they don't tell you what they're planning to do to fix any of the issues and when, they just say "Have patience". You surely wouldn't be patient and understating. Especially not if something you said you'd get done as priority was still not done 6 months later.
Have you ever had any any building work done? Builders time frames are the same as GT's... soon. :P

And you're right that having patience and understanding can only goes so far.

Last edited:
But that’s what I actually mean.
I think and always assumed that the People who bought, played and keep on playing the GT Series knew what to expect and what it actually is what PDs‘ and Kaz‘ Philosophy is.
To provide and bring People the most authentic and enjoyable Racing Experience/Driving Simulator available.
I‘m not going to argue that some aspects of the Game are not in the best possible Shape and of course there are some Game Design Flaws in its current State BUT to me, the main Focus of the Game and the GT Series in General hasn‘t changed or shifted ever since GT was introduced 25 Years ago.
To provide the Audience an enjoyable and comprehensive Driving Simulator.
To me, PD delivered what I was expecting them to deliver.
Now it’s up to them to create, build and further develop its Individual Design/Game Modes and other Stuff to try to please as many Customers as possible.
But like I said before, I strongly believe that their main Target hasn’t shifted in creating an easily accessible yet very nuanced Driving Simulator.

But that’s what I actually mean.
I think and always assumed that the People who bought, played and keep on playing the GT Series knew what to expect and what it actually is what PDs‘ and Kaz‘ Philosophy is.
To provide and bring People the most authentic and enjoyable Racing Experience/Driving Simulator available.
I‘m not going to argue that some aspects of the Game are not in the best possible Shape and of course there are some Game Design Flaws in its current State BUT to me, the main Focus of the Game and the GT Series in General hasn‘t changed or shifted ever since GT was introduced 25 Years ago.
To provide the Audience an enjoyable and comprehensive Driving Simulator.
To me, PD delivered what I was expecting them to deliver.
Now it’s up to them to create, build and further develop its Individual Design/Game Modes and other Stuff to try to please as many Customers as possible.
But like I said before, I strongly believe that their main Target hasn’t shifted in creating an easily accessible yet very nuanced Driving Simulator.
Yes, but what specifically is the future of Gran Turismo 7 in the next 18 months? Will there be a course maker, B-Spec, any new features at all? How will Sophy be implemented? How many tracks are planned? When will lobbies be fully fixed? Can you tell me? No, because we don't know. That's what I mean. People aren't going to keep hanging around on the vague promise of "things" or blind hope that issues will be fixed. Sure, they know it's still going to be broadly the same game, but people want to know specifically what is coming, and if/when issues are going to be fixed.

People would be FAR more understanding if they had a rough idea of this stuff. It'd only take one article on the GT website.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back