That 10,000 points drift trophy....

  • Thread starter Thread starter hot_cheese
  • 50 comments
  • 16,009 views
For anyone looking for this, I just did it in a Corvette Stingray L46 without a single mod straight from the used car dealership on Grand Valley. Lots of long drift areas there and that car likes to wag it's tail more than a golden shepherd.
 
Got mine using a (tuned) Kübelwagen on Eiger W-route a while ago....
 
I spent most of my time in GT5P on Eiger Nordwand reverse drifting. So I figured I would try the same track in GT5. Used my 725hp Supra RZ with sports hard tyres. Easy 12000 first try.
 
i've noticed that it doesn't even take that much tuning to make a good drifter. I bought a RX-7, S15 silvia, and a 370Z; all of which i only upgraded a little bit. to be honest i can't remember if i even bought the LSD for some of them, but a little weight reduction, suspension, and few power upgrades and you're set. the key really is the tires, obviously you don't want to much grip but you also need a little bit so you don't go flying off the course.

On a full lap drift on Eiger, i got 16,000+ with a relatively stock 370Z and this is my first week drifting.
 
Tsukuba is an excellent choice. 10,000 isn't all that hard with a good setup. Here's what to do:

Get the Buick Special '62!
Get Comfort hard tires.
Set Spring rates (suspension) to highest.
Turn off all aids (except ABS 1, Active Steering on whatever)

Takes the turns SLOW and on the inside. Tap the emergency break button before every turn. If you go it right you will be telling the car to turn hard right for nearly all of the first turn but it will stay on the track (on the inside of the turn). Keep restarting until you get at least 3,000 on the first turn on Tsukuba- 6,000 is a possibility but not necessary to get to 10,000.

My best is around 17,000.

Yep Tsukuba is a good choice.
What are you doing on Tsukuba if you don´t have the Buick?

I would say take the AEM from Arcade list and all is fine. ;)


raVer
 
i found that the 370Z is a really good drifting car to set out, or the BMW M3 E92, G37 coupe concept or even the sl55 amg...all of which are really good for drifting! just take a but of practice to make sure that your at the right angle to make sure that you get the most amount of points possible! i managed to do it on tuskuba in a 370z with around 12k points!
 
I used Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (HS30) '71 did it on Tsubuka, simply stock ,no any mod.
Just rebuild engine & chassis. Around 14000 point.
 
I did it with Countach fully tuned at Grand Valley - its important that it has 5 sectors to do it, not 3
 
I did it at Eiger short (due to GT5: Prologue) with the Maserati (stock).
I was surprised that I did it first try but after that I would have done it way better.
10.381 points => now same Car/Track 11.793 points
 
I managed to do it in Eiger Nordwand Short Circuit with a slighlty modified '69 Corvette Convertible with comfort soft tires. With a bit of practice and patience, you'll get it. Trust me because I totally suck at drifting :lol:
 
Well I always used to suck at drifting. Then I left it alone for a few weeks and came back to it. Something seems to have clicked now. Not sure what, I'm not saying I'm good at it now :lol: but at least I'm able to keep a drift going now.

I got my a score of 11,453 on Eigher Nordwand Short Circuit with a 400BHP Supra. I'd not done anything to the suspension, just whacked more power out of it. So it is possible, you just have to keep practising.
 
Got the trophy in seasonal event drift.
Used mine drift SL55 AMG on Grand Valley. Got 15000.
 
I got mine with a stock California on the High Speed Ring. I got 12,000 and that's the only time I've drifted in GT5. Took me like 3 tries...
 
i managed to pull it off in a lancer super rally on the seasonal drift event in eiger nordwand... try that, no aids?? xD
 
I used the RM TVR Tuscan on Suzuka East.
 
The easiest way, as mentioned above, is on Chamonix.
It can be done either with a Rally car, or for example a Camaro '10 or GT-R.

I wanted it to be a bit of a challenge, so I picked Eiger Nordwand.
Car I used was the Art Morisson Corvette.
As I am not very good at drifting (read: I pretty much suck), it took me quite a while to learn the tricks, and also learn to control that difficult car.
Eventually I got 10.500 points and got the trophy (which was my only remaining), followed by the platinum one.
Soon I will try to become a better drifter, as it seems like a lot of fun!
Must be a great feeling to let your car dance side to side on the road the way you want it...
 
The guy who said charmonix with the c4 is easiest way to do it or go buy urself a new viper, max out everything, take it anywhere and practice to become a drift champion. I got 10,000 at Tsukuba while just trying to tune the suspension on the car.
 
I drift in style in a fully modded mclaren slr lol
Max tune, sports hard on back and comfort soft at the front. Turn all the aids off and stick it in second (manual trans) and drift away, you dont actually need any other gears.
Set each gear to max acceleration but then whack the top speed up to around 286. Should be all. Tweak as neccessary :)
 
Back