That Awkward Moment...

I also sometimes have awkward moments and later I often regret for why I had acted like that way in the embarrassing moments...

one example is : while I was waiting in a school bus at the departure of my way to home starting to fall asleep for weariness after preparations of a graduation ceremony at my high school, when it went silent my stomach suddenly growled in a loud sound against my will to stay my hunger(it was around 11:45 a.m. and had a snack in the morning), although luckily nobody around me in the coach began staring or looking back to me jeering about that strange sound I made, one of my friends who were sitting behind me muttered "somebody's stomach growled just now didn't it?" to his company whom I hadn't been associated with. :guilty: :lol:

terminator363
I have a feeling this thread isn't going to last long... :indiff:

I'd love to post something related to the thread, but I can't remember anything worth posting. (Other then saying that I can't contribute much).

If one happens in the near future then I'll post it :)

I've just had a flashback to an awkward moment:

I was rushing my way to my school bus because I woke up late. But because it had snowed heavily the night before, there was ice everywhere. Well, I walked to an ice patch, and before I knew it, SPLAT! I picked myself up, looked around, and kept on going. I'll never forget that morning :embarrassed: . But I can imagine a couple of people laughing around.

I have a feeling this thread isn't going to last long... :indiff:
jcm
I'd love to post something related to the thread, but I can't remember anything worth posting. (Other then saying that I can't contribute much).

If one happens in the near future then I'll post it :)
And when it gets killed off, just remember that posts like this are the reason why. :rolleyes:

TB
And when it gets killed off, just remember that posts like this are the reason why. :rolleyes:

Your post isn't very good either, though neither post is a reason to kill this thread.

One awkward moment I just remembered. Earlier this year, we had to do a dancing unit in gym with all the other gym classes in our timeblock. I had to dance with my ex-girlfriend, and she refused to even make eye contact. It was quite awkward for me.

Last edited:
TB
If this is going to turn into another grind your gears single line spam fest, we're done already.

Put some thought into the posts or don't bother.

There isn't much more to say.. I fell asleep in a Taxi the other day, and the driver started poking my head.. You expect too much..

A while before the Gear Grinding thread was locked, I hadn't been putting much thought into my posts, but they certainly weren't just one line..

jcm
Your post isn't very good either, though neither post is a reason to kill this thread.
I'm going to take a guess and say that you're using the app. I really wish it would show the Mods names different instead of all the same...

My post wasn't intended to be an awkward moment. It was intended to be a heads up for what's expected to keep the thread open.
Jai
There isn't much more to say.. I fell asleep in a Taxi the other day, and the driver started poking my head.. You expect too much..
And yet you've managed to add just enough to fill in the story.

And no I don't.
Jai
A while before the Gear Grinding thread was locked, I hadn't been putting much thought into my posts, but they certainly weren't just one line..
I would beg to differ but I'm not going there again.

Alright how about an awkward moment?

I've played a lot of hockey and for those that don't know it's pretty routine to shower at the rink (showers in the dressing room) after a hockey game/practice when you get into your mid to late teens. Usually your dressing room has their own private showers but this particular rink shares showers with the dressing room that it backs onto.

So anyway I waltz my way into the shower at about age 16 and usually the shared dressing room is empty and the team in that room now is on the ice you just got off... Well for whatever reason just as I hang up my towel three 8 or 9 year old girls and a mom burst through the door into the bathroom/shower area with a couple teammates and I standing stark naked right infront of them... I've never felt so awkward in my life.

The look of shock and horror on that mom's face is something I'll never forget.

This wasnt me but just now in a game a guy was suggesting people they would invite. Then they said the most hated person in the game due to the hate mail they send etc (they did not know about this obviously) that must have been awkward.

The fatty that you got set-up with mistook your "have a little fun" for an invitation to sex, when actually it should just have been a smile, a kiss, and a long walk home without the sex with the fatty.

TB
I'm going to take a guess and say that you're using the app. I really wish it would show the Mods names different instead of all the same...

Well, that's another awkward moment for me...

...sorry...

Walking in on my girlfriend's 18 year old sister drying herself off after a shower. The door was ajar (my girlfriend leaves it like this too) and so I thought my girlfriend was the one in the bathroom. There she (the sister) was, butt-naked, eyes wide with horror and screaming loud enough to wake the dead. I immediately backed out and closed the door in seconds, but it felt like an eternity.

To make matters worse, none of her family seemed to find it funny. The five of us (me, my girlfriend, her sister, and their parents) sat at the breakfast table in silence. No eye contact, no smalltalk, just awkwardness. I've certainly had better starts to a week away with a girlfriend's family.

CMvan46
Alright how about an awkward moment?

I've played a lot of hockey and for those that don't know it's pretty routine to shower at the rink (showers in the dressing room) after a hockey game/practice when you get into your mid to late teens. Usually your dressing room has their own private showers but this particular rink shares showers with the dressing room that it backs onto.

Similar moment for me. I don't know about BC but for the OMHA once you get to peewee it's against the rules for any parents to come in the dressing room unless they're a coach/trainer etc. My 2nd year of peewee, the other goalie on my team's mom would help him get undressed before in atom, so after our first game she walked in on me and 3 other players on my team walking out of the shower :lol:

Got caught by my boss doing an impression of her, it was particularly animated too, and she came in right as I was uh mid-flapping :odd:

Someone stood me up at a festival last year, I went straight from work that day and showed up with all my gear and noone answered their phone as I was walking from the car to the central gate so I went into the show still carrying everything in the pouring rain, wandered about for a few hours then gave up and left, completely po'd. I was too embarrassed to explain to the guys on the gate that I had decided to leave so I said I had forgotten my ticket, and then almost the same point we both noticed the access pass on my wrist that I had exchanged my ticket for.

Also, once farted while having dinner with mate and his parents...I thought the best way to break the silence from the first incident of awkwardness was to ask if it was him...cringe central.

Walking in on my girlfriend's 18 year old sister drying herself off after a shower. The door was ajar (my girlfriend leaves it like this too) and so I thought my girlfriend was the one in the bathroom. There she (the sister) was, butt-naked, eyes wide with horror and screaming loud enough to wake the dead. I immediately backed out and closed the door in seconds, but it felt like an eternity.

To make matters worse, none of her family seemed to find it funny. The five of us (me, my girlfriend, her sister, and their parents) sat at the breakfast table in silence. No eye contact, no smalltalk, just awkwardness. I've certainly had better starts to a week away with a girlfriend's family.

That's just a mishap of breach of her sister's chastity.... :drool: No wonder a mature lady gets astonished to see a strange man looking into the bathroom still in use by her. :sly:

Went to school about 10 minutes late, forgot to set the alarm on my phone. Then I get to school and do not see anyone in our regular classroom, so I spend another 10 minutes trying to find the classroom itself, messaging my friend who was there. He told me the room number, which apparently happened to be incorrect. So I check the regular class once again.

Guess what, EVERYONE was there, including the teacher. They were all sitting in the rows behind the window to avoid the direct sunlight, while the teacher herself was apparently standing there while I went in.

Granted, a waste of time, never heard the end of it, not to mention two girls constantly staring at me while I'm roaming around the school trying to find the class :grumpy:

That awesome moment in school when you and your crush are in the same group. That awkward moment when my teacher calls the ladies in our group (which I didn't pay attention to) and I immediately stood up in sync with my crush staring her in the eyes like the world was in slow-motion and suddenly everybody starts to laugh at me because I was the only boy standing.

Not for me but for a friend.
My friend and I were watching the Toblerone commercial where the Swiss guy tells the man on the couch to say "The Swiss were 3D first" to get the chocolate.
I said that the Swiss guy etter give the candy to me or else (choice words).
My friend said "What do you have against Sweden?" (It was late at night so he just brain-froze.)

For me, it was at a kart race a few years back. It was one of the biggest races of the year and I had gotten a ride in a Jr.Rotax in addition to my normal 4-Stroke kart.
That day I was easily the fastest 4-Stroke in my class but in one of the races my main rival was a couple of kart lengths behind and there was one guy in front of me.
In the second turn I could take it flat but everyone else had to lift and slide in.
I was following close behind and didn't expect the guy in front to slide, I hit him and climbed the back of his kart and took myself out of the race. (Him and his dad weren't too upset because we always race clean and he said that he had made a mistake into that turn)

In the final I was stuck behind in 3rd and didn't want to get DQ'd again and I just couldn't get past. I should of have had that race won easy.:ouch:

Driving the Rotax I was in second again and was getting held up a bit.
Coming out of a corner I got a really good drive out of it and the person in front of me bogged the engine. When the person 1 ft in front out you just stops accelerating you can't really avoid that. Up on the back again.:ouch:
To make matters worse, the person I had run over was the daughter of the guy who had lent me the kart. It took the tuner a bit of time to calm him down.
And the looks that I got on the way back to the trailer.

And it would've been harder but it was possible to win that final as well, my best opportunity to win a big race and it turned into one of my worst days. :(

I was once in Massachusetts, riding in an MBTA train, heading to Boston. Everyone was paying their own attention, listening to music, reading newspaper, etc. Then I sneezed really loud, and everyone stopped what they were doing and was giving me a "WeeGee" look. I was in such an awkward position for two seconds that felt like an eternity.

marinadiamandis
Walking in on my girlfriend's sister
Well, is she hot? If she wasn't, then it would be awkward. My awkward moment? I was at my cousins house, and we were talking about cars. I said the Ford Tempo is the biggest POS in American auto history. His mom (my aunt) apparently drove a Tempo. The ride home at the end of the weekend was awkward, as she purposely took the Tempo instead of the minivan.

Pics for proof

Sure, here
ugly-girls-0980.jpg

Back