That Corner That always ruins your lap...

• Thread starter GT david
  • 34 comments
flyboy116
Donnington.... the last hairpin of that lap, if it were a person it would have been stuck in jail for grievous bodily harm no matter how slow I go I always overshoot it and end up in the tyre wall 9/10 times...

O and just as a little extra salt in the wound you so as much put an inch of rubber on the grass at this hairpin your current and next lap mean Squat! :(

So this thread is basically about the corner that always manages to beat you!

Share your storys below! :D

The spoon in the middle of the nurburgring gp track, I usually struggle to go quick around it without dipping my front left in the gravel.

The corner with the Corvette logo above it at Road America. Up hill breaking into 90ish left. Sounds and looks so simple when you get it right. But the other 95% of times, I lock the fronts an its all time lost from there. I've resigned myself to it now, I could change my setup to suit it better, but then the entirety of the lap is hampered for me.

The right hander after the sweeps in sector one, before the left onto the long straight at Dubai GP gets a special mention too. That corners far too much fun for the amount of problems it gives me.

"The chase" at the end of the downhill straight @ Bathurst. Deceptively tight, and running off invalidates two laps. Somehow.

Every online race there has only had a couple of valid qualifying times set, and I think that corner, as well as the walls, is why.

For me the first corner on Nurburgring GP is still an issue, seems I can never quite get it right either I drop to much speed or not enough rarely do I manage to get through it properly.

Then again Monaco is a tough one. I haven't driven anything on it in PCars but a Kart so far and that was not a problem but that track has always had my number I'm not sure which corner gives me the most issues. That little section after the tunnel can be tricky and then near the end there are I think 2 corners that I have never managed to get quite right in anything that is fast. That track also has a tendency to give me a bit of motion sickness when I run on it so I probably just haven't had enough practice on it.

A couple of the tracks which are new to me are still giving me some problems but just need a few more laps on those and should be ok.

That last corner at Snetterton is difficult because you either lock up and end up on the grass or end up hitting that bump on the apex and if your in a formula C you basically do a barrel roll :D

The last corner at Oulton Park, where I never seem to brake enough, for some reason, and end up just off the circuit. Especially annoying during qualifying where it voids my current lap time and the next one.🤬

Final corner at Snetterton, getting the braking point right as you transfer from the long right hand sweeper to the tight left hand corner is a total pain.
Tip of the day; if you use the look at apex feature, whilst you are taking the sweeping right hander before that tight left, stop looking at the apex and already look for when that last turn pops up in the distance. Works for me.

Donington turn 1 is a tricky one as i think that the inside curb doesn't really correspond well with the turn itself, so if you focus on that one you always go wide.

Then there is the blind fast left before the corkscrew at Laguna Seca, and i'm sure there's more which i will report back on :)

The downhill left on Watkins Glen GP, middle of sector 2 (called Chute according to Wikipedia) which I always end up going wide and hitting the wall on exit or clinging to the inside curb and carrying no speed out of the corner. I just need to find some kind of marker I can use for when to get on the power because at the moment once I turn in most of the corner just looks the same aside from the fence beginning on the inside.

I'm now running time trials in all sorts of cars here to try and master this corner much like I had to do for Stowe on Silverstone which is now one of my favourite corners.

The turn that is always trying to fling you off the track... But with clenched fists and moments of inhuman concentration and reaction you can conquer it...

I wouldn't say that there's one particular corner for me. More like a collection of ones that will forever remain enigmatic and punish me if let up on the concentration.

E.g. turn 1 at Brands, I don't know if I'll ever master it fully, but when the speed is carried through it, the feeling is quite good. Same with turn 1 at Donington, as mister dog mentions - it's so hard to judge that I've developed a habit of being overly cautious there. However this is all good, it's a big part of what makes racing a never ending challenge :)

Last edited:
Turn 1 at Brands definitely. Drove a lot on British tracks first several seasons in career..certainly have a corner every track that messes me up, but out of memory right now that for sure does, turn 1 at Brands :lol:

Turn 1 at Brands. I used to race bike's there regularly and the line was never really obvious. After two seasons of racing there I had nailed it by turning in earlier than I initially thought correct. I knew I had done this corner correctly when I was winded by the compression of the sudden downhill-uphill gradient squashing my stomach into the fuel tank. Awesome feeling!
Anyway, you might think that my real-life knowledge might help me in-game. Not a chance! Is is just as difficult as ever and IRL the gradient change can be very intimidating (especially on a bike)!

Turn 1 at Brands gets me also, every now and then I can get a good quick line through it but am very inconsistent there

Turn one at Brands hatch is a hit or miss by me. It feels so good when you nail it though.:D

The last turn at willow springs. It always feel like I can carry more speed coming off that corner. Then when I try I barley make it out of the corner... Majority of the time skidding the sand:lol: It's fun/frustrating. Couldn't get these corners right in gt6 and project cars as well.

Turn 2 at Zolder. I take the turn 1 quite nicely, brake for the right, get to apex, then proceed quite nicely straight to sand trap. I go slower and slower, turn tighter, but always have to play in the sand first before proceeding.

The last green turn at Spa always get me...

Chicane? Or La Source? Anyone know why they put the start finish after La Source and not at the usual place?

Actually not sure what you mean by green...the driving line? Lol

Chicane? Or La Source? Anyone know why they put the start finish after La Source and not at the usual place?

I think most races start from there Apart from F1 .

You know the last corner? There's a whole green strip that runs for a while before it. It's last corner has an understeer corner. I oversteer into it always.

11_Belgium_E_300DPI-886x498.jpg

I think you mean Blanchimont? It's definitely a, "Go on, I dare you to not lift" corner.

I think most races start from there Apart from F1 .

Ahh thanks for the info!

You know the last corner? There's a whole green strip that runs for a while before it. It's last corner has an understeer corner. I oversteer into it always.

Yea if it's Blanchimont then I have no problem there. Love it actually!

That is indeed a fun corner, flat in the right car, not in a lot of others, borderline is some.

Agreed. I always just floor the damn thing in every car and try my luck lol

Imola is a track that I'm not very fond of. In a slower car, it's actually fun, but most of the time, I'm sweating over the Traguardo chicane. The exit corner is so much tighter than the entry corner that it's deceiving. Either I turn into it with the same force and at the same angle and end up in the gravel, or I snap the steering inside and end up spinning out because my inside tyres clipped the grass on the infield. I feel that I need to align myself absolutely perfect in order to nail it, which is still quite rare.

Back