That's it I'm DONE with Daily Races and FIA Demolition Derbies

United States
Daytona Beach
sloppysmusic
I'm a clean racer first, fast second. This so-called 'sport' is not for me. Nothing sporty about the official races.
Just quit for the first time an 'official' race after 4 laps of Interlagos. Guess I was mid field quality wise.
I NEVER quit, not my style, except when I quit for good.
EVERY fair, clean pass I made was rewarded with huge punts and side swipes.
Had THREE x 10 second penalties for THREE shoved into wall massive deliberate full speed shunts from behind.
If you're not at the front it's every scumbag for himself.
I have been enjoying running my own lobbies and will continue to do so.
Going to do that now.
As Bender would say, PD FIA you can kiss my shiny metal ***.

Get you point i wont quit but yesterday i also got allot of 10sec penaltys because people got to agressive in the inside corner, i get 10sec and bad rating dude that did it finishes second no problem there.........

I often start in top 6 first corner p2 and second corner p15 because some idiot cant have it that i past him the first corner. Its a ten lap race why would you be so aggresive in the freaking first 2/3 corners or even laps!?

If you can pass without ramming etc its fine of course.

And also if i make a mistake even if iam p3 i wait for the guy where i made the mistake on but other way arround i dont see it......

This is all B and C rank so hopefully back at S soon!

My B went down to C. Like I care anymore! You right, 1st lap is stupid. People HATE losing their starting position to the guy behind who knows how to take the first corner.
I might enter a Daily as lowly C just to win and quit when B again. Cos thats my skill level:B. Never be better.

The algorithm for penalties is probably as good as they can make it right now.

The car at the Apex is allowed to be there - the car on the outside must give room.

Even in real racing, cars sliding to the outside of the track (a few F1 drivers have recently used the "I just understeered" excuse to explain hitting someone else after an optimistic dive to the inside) is common and it's a judgment call whether the stewards will apply a penalty for it.

I don't think PD can improve this aspect using a purely algorithmic SR system - I suppose they could try and write an AI driving steward - see you in a thousand years for the result :D

Anyway is there any solution? Well one is defend the inside line - make the driver behind go outside which means you're on the inside and get to choose your line - now if there's contact at the apex it's their penalty. However, the guy behind you might lack imagination and just follow you in and bump you at the apex, but in this case there's a chance they'll get the penalty and not you.

I only say chance - if you are going too slow at the apex and get hit from behind, that is basically brake checking and you'll still get the penalty!

The lobby solution is fine of course - you can apply whatever rules you like there.

Yeah i'm not far off being done with daily races, was doing the tokyo expressway east loop one the other day and 3 races out of 5 i got rammed into the wall on the first corner because people always got too excited and decide not to bother braking for it and every time I got the 10 second penalty. And trust me i wasn't braking earlier than i needed too either, i had my braking points sorted and usually qualified top three. And yet after the first corner from people either ramming others out the way or just driving along the wall to take the corner at top speed, i was usually back in 9th/10th.
I just cba with it!

Edit. and note this was driver rating B, SR B

i guess to a certain extent it is luck of the draw but my experience so far has been mostly positive, i'm D S so we are not the most experienced drivers out there but the races have been very clean, even at Interlagos last night. no deliberate shunting, only a few gentle nudges when overtaking but no penalties, sorry your having such a bad time but it is very possible to have great races

I managed to get a clean racing bonus in both championships today! It's nice having a high SR rating

Really haven't dealt with too many idiots, I'd say that every 8 or 10 races there's one guy that's being an idiot and then there's always one person every two or three races that accidentally nugges me a little bit. Overall I haven't seen too many people that got me triggered.... but when it happens, boy do I rage :-)

I get that a lot of people want to come here to vent, but this is by far the best online racing game that I've ever been a part of. Not a big computer guy so never got into iRacing...

Kind of surprised so many are having issues. At B/S most of my races are fairly civil.

I try to make myself predictable to avoid too much punting. If I have someone on my bumper I very clearly show when I will defend the inside line. If people are a lot faster I just let them pass to avoid them getting frustrated and ending up being divebombed. Half the time they make a mistake and I get past them later anyway. Or they’ll go too deep and I can undercut them on the inside after the corner.

If someone is obviously going to punt me to get past I usually let them pass, then enjoy passing them as they take themselves out later.

This is despite me rarely qualifying top 3.

How they could improve the penalty system would be to enforce that if a penalty collecting incident leads to the guilty (or most gulty) car gaining a place, they have to yield it. I was taken out in the Nations cup by a driver who objected to me getting a better exit on turn 3, drafting him on the pit straight and taking him at the line. So he simply didn't brake for turn 1, spun me out - which soon leads to being dead last on an oval.
I'm sure he took a penalty, but still finished ahead of me.

How they could improve the penalty system would be to enforce that if a penalty collecting incident leads to the guilty (or most gulty) car gaining a place, they have to yield it. I was taken out in the Nations cup by a driver who objected to me getting a better exit on turn 3, drafting him on the pit straight and taking him at the line. So he simply didn't brake for turn 1, spun me out - which soon leads to being dead last on an oval.
I'm sure he took a penalty, but still finished ahead of me.

An obvious flaw with that is that it would require the game to know who the guilty party is.

An obvious flaw with that is that it would require the game to know who the guilty party is.
Well, they know who to give a penalty too, if the one who's behind does something penalty worthy and gains a place within a certain amount of time, the result is clear.
Project cars 2 does this reasonably well, you pass someone 4 wheels off the track, you've got to hand the place back.

In many races it's entirely possible to ram your way to the front in turn one, and run down the penalty timer without losing a place by the time the race is over.

Well, they know who to give a penalty too, if the one who's behind does something penalty worthy and gains a place within a certain amount of time, the result is clear.
Project cars 2 does this reasonably well, you pass someone 4 wheels off the track, you've got to hand the place back.

In many races it's entirely possible to ram your way to the front in turn one, and run down the penalty timer without losing a place by the time the race is over.

So if somebody is about to overtake you, you can just hit them to make sure that they need to give you the position back.

I get that a lot of people want to come here to vent, but this is by far the best online racing game that I've ever been a part of.
Yeah don't get me wrong i love this game and i completely agree with you it can just frustrate the hell out of me sometimes. And its less the game more the people i seem to get matched with.

Is it everyone else or just your driving. You claim to be clean and fast but are always on here bitching. Show some video I've never seen any accompany you bitchy rants. Just saying

Edit. I only say this cuz I just got done with the blue moon event and then ran 3 or for daily at northern isle and have had 3 clean bonuses

I wouldnt always be on here bitching if i had a racing game to enjoy!!! This is not it...
I am SUPER clean and lower B fast. So no pro but always within 5 seconds on any lap from the fastest racers.

Iv quit as many races as i have finished. And near giving up on the online and thus the whole game.

Racing genre is just not suited for online play, FPS is ideal where a single user's foolishness can't ruin the game for other. But in racing it's just not possible to hold hands or force enough fair play to make it work well.

Well the system is not bad but it has some flaws, the game has to make better decisions about who is the blame,

Some big crashes are caused by just not braking and i find it strange that the one who then get the hit gets 10sec and negative rating. That happend to me yesterday 7times, after a week having awsome races! So bad luck to get matchmaking with those people i think.

But it has some flaws thats a fact!

This game rewards dirty drivers, you can gain an advantage from it. Not only can you beat people who are faster than you, who without cheating you'll never beat, but also in the next race if your sportsmanship rating has fallen there's a good chance you'll race against some slower drivers, since by now a lot of the aliens/super fast guys are S rated from all the races where they just shoot off from pole never to be seen or more importantly hit again.

If you're refering to the PC2 penalty system, which you appear to be.

Its a nope, because that's not how it works, nor should it.

The handing back a place penalty is for cutting the track, nor contact.

This is the GT Sport thread, and I'm referring to the idea that whoever was in the back should have to return the position following an incident.

Surely it's also about pride, i would rather have a clean 5th place than a dirty 1st, just because everyone else does it is no justification for sinking to their level

I think you misunderstood the discussion. This is about how to design a good penalty system - not about justifying bad behaviour.
What an "always return position after an incident" rule will do, is to encourage people to defend their position by hitting the overtaking car, since the other car then would have to give the position back.

All of my FIA races have been great so far, granted the blue moon race there was an incident on the 3rd corner that spun me out. I was fine, I didn't loose any SR, I placed 15th after qualifying 3rd, but it was the best I could do.

Some people handle racing incidents differently, some people think winning is everything, and it shows in their driving style and mannerisms on track, I tend to be more cautious around these drivers. Some people realise when they've made a mistake and return the position, or apologise to the driver after the race.

Think of it this way, in a heavily regulated racing environment where it takes years and many tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars for a driver to reach Formula 1, IndyCar, GT3, LeMans etc, you STILL see dumb **** that shouldn't happen, but you do, because its racing, and people are not robots.

They can modify the SR system as much as you'd like them to, they can introduce an AI that is able to look at every racing incident and assign fault. But the fact remains, there are still going to be racing incidents, in every class, in every rank, on every track. It happens, move onto the next race and fingers crossed it all goes in your favour.

This is the GT Sport thread, and I'm referring to the idea that whoever was in the back should have to return the position following an incident.
In which you quote a post that referenced PC2, specifically talking about the hand back penalties in PC2.

I think you misunderstood the discussion. This is about how to design a good penalty system - not about justifying bad behaviour.
What an "always return position after an incident" rule will do, is to encourage people to defend their position by hitting the overtaking car, since the other car then would have to give the position back.
Which is why you don't use it for contact.

My comment about pride still stands, no system is ever going to be perfect or account for all possible scenarios and there will always be people who'll exploit those shortcomings, but i have given places back when i gave someone a nudge, it is how i prefer to play the game

All of my FIA races have been great so far, granted the blue moon race there was an incident on the 3rd corner that spun me out. I was fine, I didn't loose any SR, I placed 15th after qualifying 3rd, but it was the best I could do.

Some people handle racing incidents differently, some people think winning is everything, and it shows in their driving style and mannerisms on track, I tend to be more cautious around these drivers. Some people realise when they've made a mistake and return the position, or apologise to the driver after the race.

Think of it this way, in a heavily regulated racing environment where it takes years and many tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars for a driver to reach Formula 1, IndyCar, GT3, LeMans etc, you STILL see dumb **** that shouldn't happen, but you do, because its racing, and people are not robots.

They can modify the SR system as much as you'd like them to, they can introduce an AI that is able to look at every racing incident and assign fault. But the fact remains, there are still going to be racing incidents, in every class, in every rank, on every track. It happens, move onto the next race and fingers crossed it all goes in your favour.
seeing you are from down under, i am following your V8 supercar races and there is always a LOT of contact, makes for great racing though

Last edited by a moderator:
My comment about pride still stands, no system is ever going to be perfect or account for all possible scenarios and there will always be people who'll exploit those shortcomings, but i have given places back when i gave someone a nudge, it is how i prefer to play the game

seeing you are from down under, i am following your V8 supercar races and there is always a LOT of contact, makes for great racing though
Please don't double post (post more than one in a short period of time, when no one else has posted), the site has a range of multi-quote and edit tools.

Can I also ask that you ensure all your posts use good, basic grammar. Including starting sentences with capital letters.

Thanks.

Daily races yesterday were a real mixed bag. I seem to be stuck at SR B, can't seem to get out of it because for every clean race I have, the next ones a crashfest...

Think part of the problem is the track, Dragon Trail races have been relatively clean, but the races at Suzuka generally haven't. Its quite narrow and easy to make a mistake so you get a few wayward cars causing incidents.

In one race I qualified 3rd, but second corner I got shovelled off into the gravel by someone who out braked themselves...I end up dead last with a penalty. Yes very infuriating!

However I had a great Grp 3 race at Dragon Trail, spent all race battling with the same guy for 3rd spot, we swapped places a couple of times, never made contact once and gave each other racing room, he even sent me a message after saying good race.

You need to learn to take the rough with the smooth, the SR system is not perfect and needs adjustment. But I would rather have it as it is now than nothing at all.

If you think GT Sport races are bad, you haven't played Forza 7 online obviously...*shudder*

Back