The “who” and “where are you” thread..

• Thread starter Yard_Sale
  • 6 comments
United States
The failed experiment entitled “California”.
With GT7 getting delayed for at least a year, it looks like this motley crew will be together in the Gran Turismo Sport section for a while longer. So I’m deciding to start a thread where we can get to know one another a bit better. A place where we can share our hopes and dreams and indulge in some harmless(ful) banter! I’ll start!

Name is Andrew, and I live in San Diego. I work for the city of Los Angeles (125 mile commute a few times a week is a bitch). 37 years old, been surfing pretty much all my life along with riding/racing dirt bikes. I have a lovely lady whom despite her best efforts, hasn’t been able to get rid of me for 10 years. I’m blessed that I found someone whom I on the same page with. We decided to take a “hook” on the kids, so we have 3 dogs instead. 3 rescue dogs from Mexico to be exact (we work with a few Mexican dog rescues in our free time). Although dogs are cheaper than kids, our dogs get treated better than I did growing up... so it’s nothing but Air Jordan’s for them. Our monthly dog budget is crazy lol! We travel a lot and we’re looking to get back to Philippines and Singapore this year (where my lovely lady is from) as soon as this COVID chit is behind us.

what else.....

I’m a KTM fanboy. The only reason I have a lot of tools is because I’m cheap and buy almost everything from Harbor Freight. My 07’ Tacoma has 400K miles on it.... my goal is to drive it to my retirement party. However it’s soon going to be retired from DD status as I’m waiting for my Ford Transit to get off the assembly line. My plan for that thing is to build it out into a Moto Hauler/Off grid camper when I get it. My dream cars are a Datsun 240 and a 79-83 Toyota 4x4 pickup (weird...but attainable combo).

I got back into this Sim racing thing (although I was barely even a casual player at best) when one of Super GT’s video came across my YouTube feed randomly a while back. Played for about a year with a controller, then my babe got me a playseat challenge for my birthday this past September. Got the CSL elite package for it, and I’m looking to upgrade my stuff when GT7 comes out.... whenever that is. Short term plan is to move my stuff out to the garage and buy a ~50” flatscreen mounted to the studs in my garage about race-eye level. And have it mounted to a telescoping tv mount so I can get it right up on my steering wheel box.

Learned a lot from this forum, and everyone seems awesome! Looking forward to many more years of Sim racing till maybe one day I can buy a race car myself.

who’s next?

Last edited:
Hello,

I’m new to GT Sport, just got it during the sale haven’t played a sim* racing game since GT3. I am just playing with my ps5 and controller, so far I’ve been doing the “campaign” trying to get gold on all.

Again I’m pretty new to this type of game in general, I’m actually super nervous of going online and being awful, but I think I’ll try once i finish the campaign stuff.

I plan to be super active in the game until GT7 comes out, maybe if I keep playing I’ll invest in a wheel, but again I’m new and just getting the feel of it.

I live in the Memphis area, in RL drive a Subaru Crosstrek, looking to eventually get one of the new Tacoma’s probably within the year or next.

that’s just a. Little about me :-) nice to meet you (or hopefully online)

Last edited:
Hello,

I’m new to GT Sport, just got it during the sale haven’t played a sim* racing game since GT3. I am just playing with my ps5 and controller, so far I’ve been doing the “campaign” trying to get gold on all.

Again I’m pretty new to this type of game in general, I’m actually super nervous of going online and being awful, but I think I’ll try once i finish the campaign stuff.

I plan to be super active in the game until GT7 comes out, maybe if I keep playing I’ll invest in a wheel, but again I’m new and just getting the feel of it.

I live in the Memphis area, in RL drive a Subaru Crosstrek, looking to eventually get one of the new Tacoma’s probably within the year or next.

that’s just a. Little about me :-) nice to meet you (or hopefully online)
Welcome to :gtpflag:
For online, just avoid acting like most people on I-40 or I-55. :dopey::lol:
Good to see another Volunteer on here.:cheers:

Welp…to revive a thread that had zero interest to begin with, my van that I commented on in the OP finally got here! 8 months after I ordered it 😑

How cool would it be to figure out a power system that’s stout enough to take my sim rig to the motorcycle races with me!!

On another topic, since I had little interest in this week’s daily’s, I downloaded ACC and decided to give that game a test drive. Besides the now extremely outdated graphics, I really like it. Different feel for sure….Some good, some bad, some getting used to. I’m gonna give it some solid screen time and see if it’s worth building a PC over

Attachments

• BAEC5A0F-DC42-4A4D-8B04-2C4B73CF86E2.jpeg
    BAEC5A0F-DC42-4A4D-8B04-2C4B73CF86E2.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 14
  • BF46626D-5763-404A-B39C-CA88827660E7.jpeg
    BF46626D-5763-404A-B39C-CA88827660E7.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hi I'm Aizonapocalypse! From Arizona! 🤗 I make liveries and I am an absolute danger to myself and others on the track! 🤭

Attachments

• 8223581720194056204_0.jpg
    8223581720194056204_0.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hi, I've been around here at thre forums for a few years now, since GT3 and GT4 arrived, this is "THE" place for anything to do with GT. I used to live in the cereal bowl of California (what is not fruits and nuts are only flakes) and now I've retired and living in South Carolina.
I've got two accounts jimybee and MichaelDelany21 and both are currently C/S and slowly working on improving both.
I consider myself to be "old school" vintage racers, older cars, that kind of thing... but finding out there are little opportunity for using my Shelby Daytona Coupe or my Ferrari GTO in any races except maybe in the Lobby.
Hope to see anyone here in the dailies...

Back