The 2 Fundamental Issues

ScottPuss20

Pretty Kitty
Premium
Australia
Melbourne
ScottPuss20
CheetahsMeow
There are 2 things in GT Sport's physics that, in my opinion, ruin the "simulation" aspect of the game. These issues are FUNDAMENTAL - ground effect aero and tyre pressures. GT Sport doesn't simulate ground effect aero and you cannot adjust tyre pressures, 2 key things that impact performance - especially for high-downforce race cars. I mean, tyre pressures are one of the simplest things you can do on your car and yet GT Sport doesn't allow for it? Project Cars has taught me that tyre pressures can dramatically alter the performance of your car. GT Sport's tyre model is soo archaic that tyre pressures aren't even featured; I mean FORZA HORIZON 4 allows them to be adjusted. And that's not even supposed to be simulator! PD need to get the tyre model sorted out for the next game or I won't be happy. But haven't we all been crying out for this? It's really basic stuff PD. Then we have the ground effect aero, which doesn't exist in the game. This explains why certain cars are either too slow or too fast in a straight line compared to the real-life data. PD adds more downforce to compensate for this, yet that only serves to ruin the balance of the car. I'm pretty sure that F1 and Project Cars simulate this effect, so why can't PD make it happen? It won't make the game harder to play, in fact it'll make some cars more enjoyable. Aerodynamic grip is more advanced than ever and it must be simulated properly.

Both of the things I've discussed probably can't be fixed in GT Sport because the physics don't allow for it, yet they should definitely be fixed for the next game.

Yeah they need to take some lessons from Forza.

Forza (and GT5/6) had limited body modifications... bring that back. You want a GT wing? You got it. A front flat splitter? Yes.

You want to change the profile or width of your tyres? Yes!

Forza even allowed you to modify standard wheels to the size and profile you like

You want to change the profile or width of your tyres? Yes!

Forza even allowed you to modify standard wheels to the size and profile you like

Common sense feature that has the added benefit of being able to cut down on redundant car additions.

Imagine being able to recreate this. Straight up meat out back.

6C60FC7E-D6AB-44FE-AD77-795CDA0E5B99.jpeg

Ground effect is modelled, just not enough. If you look back in GT6 the Chaparral 2J has zero downforce in tuning menu but obviously it still sticks like glue, so PD does have a code in the physics engine accounting underbody aero. The perplexing thing is they haven't extended this same generosity to modern day hypercars, which made cars like the LaFerrari, Veneno and Vulcan notoriously terrible handling.

I seem to remember you made a similar thread before too: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/top-speed-physics.384845/

This is a big deal in cars like the Huayra with its active aero and basically any car with flaps, braking wings and future coming models like the current Ford GT that has those rear tunnels.

Just those 2?
What about the fact that you can throw any car around like mad without the worry of anything happening?
In AC or PC2 or ect, you would be into the walls in no time if you drove like you do in GTS. Nothing unsettles the car, not elevation, not kerbs, Not brakes. You just slam on the brakes in this game and hope you stop. Camber of track surface has no effect on braking. I mean I would at least add brakes to your list.

Just those 2?
What about the fact that you can throw any car around like mad without the worry of anything happening?
In AC or PC2 or ect, you would be into the walls in no time if you drove like you do in GTS. Nothing unsettles the car, not elevation, not kerbs, Not brakes. You just slam on the brakes in this game and hope you stop. Camber of track surface has no effect on braking. I mean I would at least add brakes to your list.

:lol::lol::lol: -- Your avatar

Back