The 20 tracks issue is really bugging me

Killumaniti
and also the cockpit thing. I mean it was in the same sentence that stated 170 cars will have damage that said 170 with interior modelliing. Now the track issue it says 20 tracks with 60 veriations. amar updated his WINDS to say the same thing. i haven't seen a translation that says otherwise. i know it sounds really strange but what are the chances of the being true.

I'd just accept that there are 170 cars with damage and a cockpit view. The rest have neither of those things. There are also only 20 tracks.

Accept that and deal with it (if that means not buying the game, then fine).

Then, if news eventually emerges saying otherwise, you'll be happy. 👍

Last edited:
20 Tracks is 🤬. Seriously. I just found out about it now. That pisses me off.
I don't understand. GTPSP really messed up their development. PD is slow as a snail to begin with, but the more i hear about GT5 the less features it comes with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think about the confusing information and just wait for TGS. :)

There will be more than 20 tracks (not including variations) don't worrry.

Just wait for DLC I bet we'll get more tracks and cars with damage and cockpit veiws over the months. If not then oh well I guess.

I laugh at anyone who thinks PDs flagship game will only ship with 20 tracks :lol:
GT:PSP has 35, so you think the big boy game on a Blu disk will only have 20? Ha

Ignore that 'list' and ignore the so called 'winds'. Untill its posted directly, in English, on PDs site, then I dont believe anything.

I agree with what Schmo said, the "winds" are so vague they could mean anything and one of those meanings will probably be right.

This is not a big deal... i dont think it has 20 tracks... prologue 6 tracks gt5 20? No way..Look at GT4 prologue gt4 difference...And kazunori said prologue 15 percent f gt5

Polyphony just blew us all away with the news that GT 5 will have a Freaking THOUSAND cars. I just can't accept that they would give us all that......and then give us such a paltry selection of tracks.

1000 Cars is WAY more than most people were expecting. I just hope that they surprise us with a track number than is equally above and beyond most people expectations.

Well, sometime you have to think with logic. Logic tell me that in no way that the biggest game PD has ever made, with the largest disc available, is no going to ship 40+ less tracks they the predecessor and 15 less then the Mobile version.

20 tracks wouldn't even cover WRC and NASCAR. On the low side there probably is at least 5 tracks for each.

@Justin, cant believe I agreed with a Vikqueens fan :sly:

Fifth wind says that reunion will happen in two forms, one greater than other and birdtamers will have freedom to decide which reunion they will attend. Greater reunion will ask for great sacrifice to be made in order to get all present and future treasures without new sacrifices needed, while smaller reunion will come in form already known, asking for more sacrifices if future treasures catches the eyes of the birdtamers.
Seeing as how 3 out of 6 have materialized already, i thought i could point out that Greater Reunion might stand for "Full Privilege" or Premium member, meaning, full price but full rights to all future DLC(great sacrifice to be made in order to get all present and future treasures) and smaller sacrifice will get you a basic package with optional DLC purchase, all in all, we WILL have 20 tracks but we WILL see more tracks, depending on your sacrifice.

20 tracks is most likely a misinterpretation. Why would GT5 take a step back from GT4? Include 300+ more cars but only have 20 tracks? IMO, I think there will be somewhere in the region of 70-90 in the finished product.

Polyphony just blew us all away with the news that GT 5 will have a Freaking THOUSAND cars. I just can't accept that they would give us all that......and then give us such a paltry selection of tracks.

1000 Cars is WAY more than most people were expecting. I just hope that they surprise us with a track number than is equally above and beyond most people expectations.

This.

Then again even if it does only have 20 tracks, as long as the Nürburgring and Tsukuba are amongst them, I'll still buy it... In fact even if all the tracks were just residential streets in my area I'd still buy it

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I firmly believe that all 1000 cars will have interiors, and that 170 cars will have visual and mechanical damage. The game will have 60 unique tracks, some with alternate layouts (making up the 20 variations). In my eyes it is absurd to think otherwise. Think of it this way; every car in GT5:P has an interior and some of those cars are quite lackluster. If there was only 170 cars with interiors I highly doubt that PD would chose to model the Suzuki Cervo, Golf GTI MK.IV, etc. On the track side of things; GT4 had about 50 tracks IIRC, does it really make sense to add 300 more cars and take out 30 tracks? Common sense tells us otherwise, especially with NASCAR and WRC being included.

This.

Then again even if it does only have 20 tracks, as long as the Nürburgring and Tsukuba are amongst them, I'll still buy it... In fact even if all the tracks were just residential streets in my area I'd still buy it

Dont forget the Top Gear Test Track. With those three tracks alone I'd be happy, but I'll take another 17 if they have them :sly:

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I firmly believe that all 1000 cars will have interiors, and that 170 cars will have visual and mechanical damage. The game will have 60 unique tracks, some with alternate layouts (making up the 20 variations). In my eyes it is absurd to think otherwise. Think of it this way; every car in GT5:P has an interior and some of those cars are quite lackluster. If there was only 170 cars with interiors I highly doubt that PD would chose to model the Suzuki Cervo, Golf GTI MK.IV, etc. On the track side of things; GT4 had about 50 tracks IIRC, does it really make sense to add 300 more cars and take out 30 tracks? Common sense tells us otherwise, especially with NASCAR and WRC being included.

+1 👍

Preach on. Exactly what I've been saying.

I couldn't agree more that 20 tracks seems laughable, utterly unexpected, and thoroughly disappointing.

Either way, that's the closest to real information we've got to go on, so until something better comes along, I'll just accept the fact that there's 20 tracks with 60 variations (hopefully there won't be lots like Fuji, 2 tracks with only one corner difference...) and wait to see what's downloadable in the future...

Ok : Tracks confirmed in GT5 so far :

-High Speed Ring
-London
-Madrid
-Eiger Norwand
-Tokyo R246
-Fuji Speedway
-Suzuka
-Daytona International Speedway
-Top Gear Test track
-Tsukuba Circuit
-Circuit de la Sarthe
-Madrid
-Nürburgring Nordschleife

That makes 13 tracks ,according to what you're saying there's only 7 left to be unveiled:lol: ?

No way !!!

Well, sometime you have to think with logic. Logic tell me that in no way that the biggest game PD has ever made, with the largest disc available, is no going to ship 40+ less tracks they the predecessor and 15 less then the Mobile version.

20 tracks wouldn't even cover WRC and NASCAR. On the low side there probably is at least 5 tracks for each.

@Justin, cant believe I agreed with a Vikqueens fan :sly:

If the information had been completely accurate, it would have been left up on the website. Maybe an eager employee put it up to soon or their was some strategy by PD. who knows.

I think this is a case where the information on the original Japanese website wasn't feted out completely, & too compound matters more the translators such as Google's made thing even more confusing.

I think GT4 had approx 740 car & approx 50 tracks, ratio 1/15

GT5 having 1000 cars & 20 track, ratio of 1/50 wouldn't seem correct.

Hopefully before TGS someone can ask Kaz to clarify

but it said 60 tracks confirmed with 20 or more to be revealed... i had my japanese friend on psn to confirm this.

I doubt PD would do what T10 did with F2 and use about the 40 variations of the test track to boost their numbers.

but it said 60 tracks confirmed with 20 or more to be revealed... i had my japanese friend on psn to confirm this.

This is one case where it's probably better to believe a human, than Yahoo's or Google's translator since they seam to be all over the place.

Back