The 2nd GTP'er in a Priced Car (Cars Updated)Open 

• Thread starter andy0a
  • 49 comments
United States
Stanton, California
aphan111
2nd Inaugural GTP'er in a Priced Car Challenge

Hello guys from GTPlanet and welcome to the GTP'er Priced Car Challenge. I was inspired by the Top Gear's "Reasonably Star in a Priced Car" and decided to create my own twist on it. Albeit there is a lack of the Top Gear Test Track, but in typical plucky fashion, I decided upon the Brands Hatch GP Circuit, as it has all the corners needed to properly test a car, with a hairpin, extended straights, and some sharp turns.

How Will it Work?

Every week a car will be selected through popular vote or a random assignment through a computer algorithm and with it, participants will run a lap of the Brands Hatch GP with said car completely stock. With the exception of the oil change being the only modification they will run and post their lap times here. I will set up a power lap board as well. The laps will be run on time trials and replays are recommended to be saved in order for proof, but not always. Laps will be run on dry tracks only.

Setup
Out of courtesy and the issue of getting as many participants as possible, I have split the challenge into two tiers for every weel. The first tier will be the expensively priced car challenge and the second will be the adequately priced car. Cars that are bought or if already owned must be completely stock with no tuning on it, if said car some fully customizable, settings must be left the way it was when bought. Tires used will also be the stock ones that came when purchased.

Rules
1. Stock setup, only oil changes allowed (no chassis reinforcements, but engine and chassis overhauls are allowed)
2. Stock Tires (ranging from either Comfort Softs, Sport Hards, or Racing Hards)
3. Fastest time will be accepted, either from your slow start or flying lap
4. Lap times that are subject to questioning will be asked for confirmation of proof
5. Grip settings must be set to real. Confirmation with a ghost replay will not be necessary unless considerable reasonable doubt is called to attention.

Car Settings
Settings are allowed, TC can be set to 1 if user prefers, ABS can be set from 0-10, driving lines are allowed, but SRF must be off. Grip settings must be set to real.

Honesty and Reasonableness Policy
As members of GTPlanet, there is the expectation of a higher standard of integrity and respect. That being said, lap times are not subject to an extra post of a picture or video as confirmation, but are taken into full honesty. Stated beforehand, if a posted lap time draws a reasonable amount of doubt that said time is valid, a picture or video recommended will be asked for. Saving a replay will be good, though you will only need it on there for a week.

Car Selection
For selecting a car in the two tiers, selection process will first be subject to a popular vote, with the first comment getting 3 likes that falls into the standards going for the next round, if no popular vote succeeds, a computer algorithm will be used. (assigning all 1200 cars with a number and randomly picking one that falls into standards, repicks if it doesn't) Though for the first inaugural, I will probably pick to start you guys off.
Standards for Expensive: 100,000 Credits and above (1,00,000 Cr Limit)
Standards for Adequate: 99,999 Credits and Below

Time
Times are suggested to be posted fully, for example 1:45 is not valid, 1:45:000 is. Do not round, post it completely with all digits.

This thread and lap time is just a way to involve people from GTPlanet into getting some lap times and having fun and finding something to do with our time. That and plus I love Top Gears power lap board. I split it into adequate and expensive so new and old players can get in on the fun.
Thanks and hope you guys participate.

Google Docs Links to Times
1/7 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjEkhS_lsUTEdDVnOXNlR1dKWjRSME5wN1hNV1JGRFE&usp=sharing

1/7 Expensive Car: Audi RS 6 Avant '08 (166,000 CR)
1/7 Adequate Car: Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (C4) '96 (45,900 CR)

1/15 Expensive Car: Mercedes Benz CL 600 '00 (177,850 CR)
1/15 Adequate Car: Peugeot 106 Rallye '03 (12,630 CR)

2nd Inaugural Selection Process:
Due to lack of likes, I opted for the aforementioned computer algorithm. Using the IGN list which actually numbered the cars (up to 1207 so a little bit off but only list I could find that was numbered). I then inputted 1-1207 into a website that would select the numbers randomly. I checked the number with the car and pricing to see if it would match, first ones that match are accepted. Completely random, links below. (numbers came up first with 936(match), then 664 which also matched, no repicks, two randomizations, both came out perfect lol (sketchy much :P))
http://www.this-play.nl/randomnumber/
http://www.ign.com/wikis/gran-turismo-6/List_of_Cars_in_Gran_Turismo_6

Future Considerations: A podium ranking for the top 3 times per car, and if participating in each weekly event for a month, a podium for the top 3 for average times over the 4 weeks.

Last edited:
POWER LAP TIMES

EXPENSIVE:

1. 1:48:202 by mcsqueegy
  2. 1:49:281 by zujca
  3. 1:49:946 by iainoflo85

Last edited:
POWER LAP TIMES

ADEQUATE:

1. 1:52:177 by mcsqueegy
  2. 1:54:200 by lessen
  3. 1:54:865 by iainoflo85

Last edited:
Does grip have to be set to real?

Edit:
The Corvette has been great fun. 0:53.829

Last edited:
ABP
Does grip have to be set to real?

Edit:
The Corvette has been great fun. 0:53.829

Are you sure it wasn't 1:53:829? The fastest they ever went around the GP circuit was 1:01, and that was in an F1 car.

I call BS...my recent lap in that car on Brands Hatch GP...was 1:48:313

Calm that tone bud, so I got you down for 1:48:313. That was the Corvette lap correct?

Are you sure it wasn't 1:53:829? The fastest they ever went around the GP circuit was 1:01, and that was in an F1 car.

Calm that tone bud, so I got you down for 1:48:313. That was the Corvette lap correct?
yes it was, the C4 GS stock as per rules.

Both times with G27 Clutch and Shifter. Providing we don't fall victim to Polyphony Digital's Replay lottery, I can provide replays.

TC - off
Track Edge set to real.

Audi - 1:41.793
'Vette - 1:43.363

Left a lot of time out there.

The Audi is a pig in the corners.

Sorry mate, @iainoflo85 , I've been having some family issues requiring me to be off the forums. Not an excuse but apologize for any rudeness or delays that I've been causing. Will update! Sorry again.

To reiterate, just post your best lap times for those cars in stock form (oil changes allowed only) and that includes no suspension tuning or upgrading tires. All usual aids off except ABS which is a personal preference.

I am thinking of doing a live run on this, sorta like a live version of the Star in a Priced Car

Yep, no problem, it seems that we need votes for a new Expensive car and an Adequate car, any suggestions guys?

EDIT: I'm gonna throw out a suggestion as well.

Expensive: Tesla Roadster '03 (100,000 Cr)

Adequate: Lexus SC 300 '97 (35,000 Cr)

Last edited:
Adequate: Lexus SC 300 '97 (35,000 Cr)

Can I use this as my vote as well actually, and for my expensive choice I vote:

Karma EcoSport '12 (138,000 Cr)

EDIT: That's not the car I was thinking of above.

I think this one:

Lexus SC 430 (EU or US) '01 (60,000 Cr)

Adequate : Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX (s,shingo) '00 --- £52,500

Expensive : Plymouth AAR cuda Six Barrel '70 --- £110,000

Audi -- *1:41:556*

All right mates, cars are updated, feel free to take the two cars or one of them out for a spin and report back your times! :D

What do the numbers listed before the car mean? 1/7 and 1/15.
Those are the dates. 7th of January was the start of the first challenge and 15th is the second challenge.
I'm going to try a few laps tomorrow, considering I love the Brands Hatch. Times probably won't be spectacular but okay.

Those are the dates. 7th of January was the start of the first challenge and 15th is the second challenge.
I'm going to try a few laps tomorrow, considering I love the Brands Hatch. Times probably won't be spectacular but okay.

Back