The 2nd GTP'er in a Priced Car (Cars Updated)Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter andy0a
  • 49 comments
  • 4,182 views
Sorry for the double post. Hit Reply instead of Edit. :(
 
Last edited:
What do the numbers listed before the car mean? 1/7 and 1/15.
I assume those are the start dates. Nevermind, already answered lol

I think I'll get in on this. Looks fun!
 
Those are the dates. 7th of January was the start of the first challenge and 15th is the second challenge.
I'm going to try a few laps, considering I love the Brands Hatch. Times probably won't be spectacular but okay.

Its all right mate, this is just a way for people to interact with each other. Sure its competitive, I mean you are allowed as many laps as you deem feasible but in a fun way! Smile or be happy at the end of the race instead of profusely swearing at the end. :D
 
Its all right mate, this is just a way for people to interact with each other. Sure its competitive, I mean you are allowed as many laps as you deem feasible but in a fun way! Smile or be happy at the end of the race instead of profusely swearing at the end. :D
Oh I was quite mad after I drove about 25 laps with the Yellow Bird with none of them being even close to perfect. :ouch:
 
Oh I was quite mad after I drove about 25 laps with the Yellow Bird with none of them being even close to perfect. :ouch:

Lets hope that Yellow Bird isn't randomly assigned or people vote on it then haha.
 
Lets hope that Yellow Bird isn't randomly assigned or people vote on it then haha.
Well I might group up with my buddy Tony "Cougar" Stephenson (TCS :D) if that's the case.
 
would it not be better to add the new cars After the old ones so we can see who was the best throughout all the cars?
 
would it not be better to add the new cars After the old ones so we can see who was the best throughout all the cars?

Well I made a google doc of all the times from last week, and time submissions for the old cars are gone. Technically I can, I can do a best overall of the month, but thats only if they participated all 4 weeks, and I can easily average the time. I'm refining this process as it goes, a constant refining process, like GT6! :)
 
ahh, I forgot about the google doc, fair enough 👍
 
Peugeot: 1:55.418

Edit: 1:54.200
 
Last edited:
Mercedes: 1:49.946
Peugeot: 1:54.865

The Mercedes felt like an FF, there was just no grip in the front and it was just so heavy. But the Pug was really nice, felt great, might tune it up and use it more.
 
Thanks for the input guys, I feel like running a lap as well :D
 
I tried to better my time a bit more to no avail. I think that's about all the talent I got :)
 
I liked the Peugeot. That's really the essence of the concept anyways. Small, low powered car. Easy to get around, but hard to get around fast.
 
Mercedes: 1'48.202
Peugeot: 1'52.177

Peugeot was fun to drive, felt very zippy and could fling it around somewhat. The Merc, however, didn't appreciate such treatment and I had to really slow it down to coax it around corners :boggled:
 
Haha I find it good thing with this concept as it makes us use different cars and try them out, and we can see how well some actually perform or don't perform.
 
I think the fact that the cars chosen are vastly different adds quite a challenge, I'll be doing more of these 👍
 
Peugeot 106 Rallye: 1:53.760, still have at least a second I can shave off, will try later.
Mercedes-Benz CL600: 1:49.281, not even going to try any more. The car is painful to drive. It's slow and it handles like a boat.
 
Last edited:
so far ive yet to try my own challenge, but the overall consensus is that the mercedes handles like an underpowered bugatti/luxury cruise liner and the Peugeot seems a much funner car to drive.
 
so far ive yet to try my own challenge, but the overall consensus is that the mercedes handles like an underpowered bugatti/luxury cruise liner and the Peugeot seems a much funner car to drive.
That's pretty much it, yes.
 
Back