The Alcohol & Tobacco Livery Thread

• Thread starter TVR27
  • 81 comments
425-1.jpg

The original classic?

Nice thread, reminds me of the Malboro Masters of Formula 3 on Zandvoort (The Netherlands).
Event was completly sponsered by Marlboro and even free of charge for spectators.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masters_of_Formula_3

These pictures are from the 2000 edition. (Ben "The Stig" Collins was 3rd :lol:)

Nice show with Tommi Makinen , Carlos Checa and Rubens Barrichello

tumblr_mdboh1JYPM1rod8iso1_1280.jpg

mast3hr.jpg
3344831820_bb93122842_o.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking about something earlier. To me, Energy Drinks have filled the gap left void by Tobacco laws. Energy Drinks are everywhere in Motorsports and their companies are some of the most easily recognised, similar to how cigarette brands were back in the day.

I was thinking about something earlier. To me, Energy Drinks have filled the gap left void by Tobacco laws. Energy Drinks are everywhere in Motorsports and their companies are some of the most easily recognised, similar to how cigarette brands were back in the day.
And there is an overt amount of those companies out there who are very willing to shovel money to the teams to get exposure on their cars.

With many supermarkets already refusing to sell energy drinks to under-16s (which will possibly become law) I think we'll see the energy drink money disappear too.

With many supermarkets already refusing to sell energy drinks to under-16s (which will possibly become law) bro-dude image that goes along with that I think we'll see the energy drink money disappear too.
Not for a while yet. Red Bull is a self-built empire and Monster is backed by Coca-Cola, and there's still no shortage of mid 20-to-early 30s brodudes who think nothing of corroding their insides by chugging 3 cans of fruit-scented battery acid every day.

I don't have exact numbers but, anecdotally, Big Energy Drink doesn't (Didn't?) spend anywhere near what Big Tobacco did when it was having an "off" year, and I can't envision any industry spending anywhere near that kind of money on racing (not just team sponsorship but race and series title sponsorships, advertising/activation, free or discounted tickets for customers, etc.) ever again.

Back