The Anti PR/SR Club (Appraiser Club)Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Talentless
  • 41 comments
  • 1,943 views

Talentless

Yes, I am still alive.
Staff Emeritus
Messages
10,081
Messages
WFG9
Do you hate whiny punk rock and scream rock?

Does the unharmonious crap that is 7 out of 10 out of it incredibly annoying to you?

Do you still believe "good" lyrics cannot make up for awful singing?

Do you cringe when these singers force out their drivel through their nasal passages?

Then feel free to join the Anti Punk Rock and Scream Rock Club.

It's more of a registry, as it at minimum is just your agreement that such music is gut wrenchingly, mind bashingly bad.
 
Sigh. Another corrupted soul. I pray for thee.
 
Punk music is terriable!!! They can't sing let alone play a gutiar.

As for scream rock...I can't listen to it.
 
Indeed, my brother.
 
Woah! Punk Rock Doesnt Suck. Some Bands Are Acctually Good ( EG. Millencolin).
 
Punk Rock is just terrible...at least the junk I've heard. There's no melody, there's no sense of direction, and it's more or less just garbage. Even the lyrics in much of the punk rock I've heard were pretty crappy

...Then of course, there's always the gtp moderator who goes by the name Punk Rock. He sucks too 👍

:p
 
Punk Rock sux, Scream Rock sux. 'nuff said... I also hate Hard Rock...
 
Oh you can't forget EMO ROCK....which is up there on the suckey music list.
 
The dawning of the new age of Aquarius is borne. Henceforth let all wallow in the goodness that is our enlightenment.

Forsook the evils you may have heard and come welcomed into the light.

Nay, not all of it is sinful, but far too much sorrows the Muses themselves.

Be healed, brothers!

Amen.
 
Punk Rock Rules too. listen to Rancid, or Pennywise, or Bad Religion.
 
Rancid mostly gave me a headache. Pennywise is ok, much better than Rancid. BR is a bit better than Rancid, still, I could not stand them all for any significant duration. Plus, I'm not in the mood for, society sucks prattle. :p
 
Talentless
Do you hate whiny punk rock and scream rock?
NO! I don't hate it.

Event Horizon
Punk Rock sux, Scream Rock sux. 'nuff said... I also hate Hard Rock...
Hard Rock Rules (such as Motley Crue)

Silverzone
Punk Rock Rules too. listen to Rancid, or Pennywise, or Bad Religion.
I like Rancid, they sound cool.
 
Tssk tssk. Tis a shame it is.
 
This is as stupid as the 'I hate rap' threads. 👎
 
I like very little of both.

Examples of some I like:

Punk Rock - AFI, Pennywise...uh..

Scream Rock - uhh..does 'In Flames' count as "Scream Rock"?


The rest is horrible. 👎


-Mark
 
NOt all punk and hard rock suck, many does, but not all. I like very little punk, more hard rock, but I'm still more into Metal (I'm listening to the Crue as I type this post "Two Seconds to Love" ---Shout at the Devil)
 
Race Idiot
This is as stupid as the 'I hate rap' threads. 👎

Agreed. I don't see how anybody can be as ignorant to write off an entire genre of music.

There's no melody in punk rock? Do you people even know what punk rock is anymore? Apparently you just hear screaming and immediatly write it off as crap. It is pretty terriable, huh BlazinXtreme? Your Xtreme opinion on how all emo music is "suckey" is also appreciated.

And scream rock is such an extreme generalization. Do you mean scream rock as in Slipknot and Mudvayne, or scream rock as in From Autumn To Ashes or Thursday?

Calling all punk rock whiny is like me saying that all classical music sucks because it is old and boring, or that all rap sucks because I'm white. It just doesn't work.
 
First of all, I am not aware of a rule saying one cannot have a mostly negative opinion about a music genre. 2nd of all, and I address the charge, as I am this thread's creator, of saying all punk rock is bad by referring those criticising this thread to the facts that I clearly implied that I think ill of a "majority" of punk rock and scream rock.. Yes, some punk rock is good, and I'm not so ignorant that I cannot surmise some of the point of the music, but far too much of what I have heard has caused my ears to ache. I don't hate all of either genre, and maybe this thread is a bit much, but it is clearly innacurate to charge that I've blasted punk absolutely, especially in light of my, though not glowing, admittance that Bad Religion is ok. I'll also point out that, in respect to the right of opinion, this thread is far more fair than if I were to go and repeatedly insult the bands in their various support threads, which I have largely not done, if ever. Of course, people whom disagree are welcome to come and defend their genres, but this is a lowly, insignicant thread, the concern of which I would think is nill.
 
As long as you admit to not hating all of either genre, then I take back any statement directed at you.
 
What about the sex pistols?
 
I really despise all of that whiny screamy stuff out lately. Really no talent to screaming..

And it also depends what kind of punk you're talking about..
 
There's no melody in punk rock? Do you people even know what punk rock is anymore? Apparently you just hear screaming and immediatly write it off as crap. It is pretty terriable, huh BlazinXtreme? Your Xtreme opinion on how all emo music is "suckey" is also appreciated.

Wow what a ass, I give my OPINION and you get all PMSy with me.
 
Besides maybe The Offspring, since they do it pretty well(far as punk goes)...i'm not really a fan of any kind of punk music 👎 :yuck:
 
Silverzone
Punk Rock Rules too. listen to Rancid, or Pennywise, or Bad Religion.
No, don't. At least not if you want to find out what punk sounds like.
 
erf i cant stand punk, or screamo, or emo for that matter. I'm more of a metal or [whatever Marilyn Manson falls into] guy, with the odd rap thrown in.
 
Back to this old thread.

ROCK RULES! PUNK RULES! METAL RULES!

Even if the band's name suck, say Cinderella, the music rules.
 
Back