The Apricot Hill Experiment

• Thread starter DOKNYCE
  • 21 comments
United States
WEST COAST
DOK-NONIMUS-
Let's be a little scientific today..
this will be a study of lap times using different riding styles.

We will be using the Yoshimura Hayabusa X-1 '00 Today.

It will be in ARCADE MODE
( horsepower maxed out )
( bike weight at lowest setting )
( riding style - your preference )

heres what i want to study ...

i personally ride using ALOT of Left stick up ( moving rider weight forward )
and Left stick down ( moving rider weight back ).

I did a test lap with NO inputs. ( meaning no shifting of rider weight thru entire lap )
and i did one lap riding how i normally ride. Shifting rider weight forward into corner and down on the stick coming out..

basically a study of how much faster can you be if you used these subtle inputs
my first try with NO inputs i got a lap time of 1'31'835
my next try was WITH inputs i got a lap time of 1'29'519

i talked a while bak with HYLAND about this, i believe he said he did not use the inputs but was getting verrrrrry fast lap times, which kind of discredits my study....lol Lets see what happens

Would like to see if anyone else has discovered this little trick .

oh by the way i have video of both laps hehe
here it is

first is 1'31'835 TRAK CAM

SECOND IS 1'29'519 ONBOARD VIEW

Great idea, buddy! 👍

But is this Apricot Hill Experiment for today? Or for whole week?

Sorry for double post, but I have made 1'28.711

Last edited by a moderator:
nice time ..
did you use the additional inputs to get that NICE TIME ...
WOW thats a nice TIME , LOL
..and wheres the VIDEO ?

Going to beat that time tonight wow thats a nice TIME LOL

nice time ..
did you use the additional inputs to get that NICE TIME ...
WOW thats a nice TIME , LOL
..and wheres the VIDEO ?

Going to beat that time tonight wow thats a nice TIME LOL
I'll make an video later. I'm waiting for my PS3.

Good luck on trying to beat my time.

Do we really have to use Production Tires? Or we can use the Street Tires?

I'll make an video later. I'm waiting for my PS3.

Good luck on trying to beat my time.

Do we really have to use Production Tires? Or we can use the Street Tires?

Use whatever tires you want.
Luck ? ..haha

video: Try a well positioned cell phone if not try a video grabber

Let me know if your using the weight shifting tricks or not...( left stick forward and left stick back )

Let me know if your using the weight shifting tricks or not...( left stick forward and left stick back )
I have improved my time with 1'27.156

I used "Lean In", L2 (for getting speed) and Left Analog Stick (to turn the bike)

Great idea, buddy! 👍

But is this Apricot Hill Experiment for today? Or for whole week?
this for - ever:D

... as long as it takes to hopefully get the Apricot HILL world record posted.

I have improved my time with 1'27.156

I used "Lean In", L2 (for getting speed) and Left Analog Stick (to turn the bike)

Awesome time ...wow..
so you dont really shift your weight around when you ride ?
just Left and Right Inputs?

what is your controller set up??

here's mine:
X - button ( gas/acceleration )
square - button ( tuck positon or head up head down )
L2 - rear brake
L1 - front brake
R1 - shift up
R2 - shift down
circle - rear view

gonna set up my game ...i have to beat that time TODAY...LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome time ...wow..
so you dont really shift your weight around when you ride ?
just Left and Right Inputs?

what is your controller set up??

here's mine:
X - button ( gas/acceleration )
square - button ( tuck positon or head up head down )
L2 - rear brake
L1 - front brake
R1 - shift up
R2 - shift down
circle - rear view

gonna set up my game ...i have to beat that time TODAY...LOL
My controller set up is default. I used "Automatic" Transmission.

Here's mine:
X- Acceleration Throttle
Square- Braking
L2- Lean In
L1- Rear View

And I hope that you try to do the round 1 of Fuji Speedway of Supersport 1000 after you try to beat my time of Apricot Hill, please! Good luck! 👍

My controller set up is default. I used "Automatic" Transmission.

Here's mine:
X- Acceleration Throttle
Square- Braking
L2- Lean In
L1- Rear View

And I hope that you try to do the round 1 of Fuji Speedway of Supersport 1000 after you try to beat my time of Apricot Hill, please! Good luck! 👍

OMG..
Yur using," automatic " i use manual
im setting up my game now ..so yes after i BEAT your time i will do the Fuji Challenge

but why," PM " you ??
why not just post vid ??

OMG..
Yur using," automatic " i use manual
im setting up my game now ..so yes after i BEAT your time i will do the Fuji Challenge

but why," PM " you ??
why not just post vid ??
OK. Anyway, I'll try to post the video in this week. I need to freed some KB's to my memory card... :lol:

coooL ..remember the experiment, dont get caught up in the compeition side of it......
jus kidd'n ..
i want to see some world records ...lol
REMEMBER ...its done in ARCADE MODE..!!

HARSK..
ive done at least 10 laps ... tryn to warm up...couldnt get close to 1'27'156
im doing verrry low 1'30's rite now.. im still try'n though

ARCADE MODE PLEASE

TODAY....@ 3:36pst just did a 1'29'018..
will post vid soon ..
gonna try to break into the 1'28's

Last edited:
First of all, this bike with +20% horsepower and -10% weight in Pro Mode is an absolute nightmare :lol:

Secondly, I believe this challenge has partially proved me otherwise about my resistance for using this rather cheap trick and might have ''perfected'' it as well while doing so. My initial laps (without any rider weight transfer) were consistent mid to low 1'29 laps, my best being 1'29.026. From there, I've managed to shave off approximately another 1.5 seconds, down to 1'27.474. That's a pretty significant difference.

If I'm allowed to theorize, it all seems to come down to the P/W ratio of the bike and the length of the straights (where I took advantage of it). So, in this case, it would make most sense to use this trick on Fuji or basically any other track with long enough straights to have a real impact on your top speed and consequently your lap time.

My settings :
Horsepower : +20%
Weight : -10%
Riding Form : Lean In
Tires : Production
Pro Mode

That's an impressive time. Are you using Pro Mode though?

First of all, this bike with +20% horsepower and -10% weight in Pro Mode is an absolute nightmare :lol:

Secondly, I believe this challenge has partially proved me otherwise about my resistance for using this rather cheap trick and might have ''perfected'' it as well while doing so. My initial laps (without any rider weight transfer) were consistent mid to low 1'29 laps, my best being 1'29.026. From there, I've managed to shave off approximately another 1.5 seconds, down to 1'27.474. That's a pretty significant difference.

If I'm allowed to theorize, it all seems to come down to the P/W ratio of the bike and the length of the straights (where I took advantage of it). So, in this case, it would make most sense to use this trick on Fuji or basically any other track with long enough straights to have a real impact on your top speed and consequently your lap time.

My settings :
Horsepower : +20%
Weight : -10%
Riding Form : Lean In
Tires : Production
Pro Mode

That's an impressive time. Are you using Pro Mode though?
Well, I used Wheelie only on straight lines to gain speed and then I pulled the left analog stick to normal so I couldn't fall. So I'm not using Pro Mode. I'm using normal mode.

Well, I used Wheelie only on straight lines to gain speed and then I pulled the left analog stick to normal so I couldn't fall. So I'm not using Pro Mode. I'm using normal mode.
Alright then :)

I practiced some more on my technique, braking and turning points, and pulled off a 1'26.603 lap time. I have the .DAT replay file in case anyone of you are willing to compare or try beating it. I don't have a capture card, unfortunately, but recording it with my phone is still an option - that is if you'd like to, @DOKNYCE.

Edit : Did it anyway. Currently uploading video to YouTube.
Edit #2 :

Last edited:

Great Lap time .. HYLAND !!..

this experiment is just that ...." theorizing " and " perfecting " ...! and look at your Lap time ..wow

the science is definitlely ( power to weight ratio's and torque ) which can be applied in and out of the corners also
but it's verrry tricky especially when your riders weight is," forward " ( left stick up ). the rear end becomes very lite which will lead to an endo.

Belive it or not i use this theory in, " braking " also. In straight line braking you can brake a little late while pulling down on the left stick. Pushing the rider weight back slowing you down faster.

Harsk.. is using the," little trick " he just calls it " wheelie " now his lap time is gonna be super fast also..
the key to this is shifting weight back ( left stick down ) while accelerating and trying to hold it just before you pop a wheelie

i notice your using normal braking HARSK you should try the pro mode ( which i use ) it really lets you have a little more control.. but your still getting faster times than me .. LOL
( im actually working on that 1'26'603 right now HYLAND )

Last edited:
Great Lap time .. HYLAND !!..

this experiment is just that ...." theorizing " and " perfecting " ...! and look at your Lap time ..wow

the science is definitlely ( power to weight ratio's and torque ) which can be applied in and out of the corners also
but it's verrry tricky especially when your riders weight is," forward " ( left stick up ). the rear end becomes very lite which will lead to an endo.

Belive it or not i use this theory in, " braking " also. In straight line braking you can brake a little late while pulling down on the left stick. Pushing the rider weight back slowing you down faster.

Harsk.. is using the," little trick " he just calls it " wheelie " now his lap time is gonna be super fast also..
the key to this is shifting weight back ( left stick down ) while accelerating and trying to hold it just before you pop a wheelie

i notice your using normal braking HARSK you should try the pro mode ( which i use ) it really lets you have a little more control.. but your still getting faster times than me .. LOL
( im actually working on that 1'26'603 right now HYLAND )
I'll try the pro mode.

Alright then :)

I practiced some more on my technique, braking and turning points, and pulled off a 1'26.603 lap time. I have the .DAT replay file in case anyone of you are willing to compare or try beating it. I don't have a capture card, unfortunately, but recording it with my phone is still an option - that is if you'd like to, @DOKNYCE.

Edit : Did it anyway. Currently uploading video to YouTube.
Edit #2 :

Nice video, MX! 👍

WOW..
Frikk'n wow
amazing time HARSK ..Just one thing though....

where's the video..??
your almost into the 1'25's...sure would like some proof...
Its very EASY to claim a specific time... VIDEO..OR PICTURE PLEASE

as for PRO MODE if your not used to it ...stay with what you know

I tried to do Pro Mode, but I don't know how to drive in Pro Mode.
I gave Normal Mode a try and I honestly don't know how anyone can play like that. It all felt so limited and awkward, especially when braking.

I blame my muscle memory.

:D

Back