The Athletes Of GTPlanet

In 8th grade my mains were the 100, 200, and their respective relays (in which I usually started). Long distance really isn't my thing. We'll see if freshman year changes anything.

Sound like me back in 8th grade lol (which was awhile ago) But from my experience, if you're a sprinter in Middle school, chances are you'll be a sprinter in High school as well.

Played Left Winger for 6 years in school, had trials for a local team(Galway United) at one stage but didn't get picked. Fun fact, they folded 2 months later, so joke is on them.

Play rugby for the fun of it every two weeks, usually Winger/Centre. Prefer playing for fun over playing for a club tbh.

Thats what I do: :)

DSCF1830fsmall_zpsg5f5l8yl%201_zps7vdrymaz.jpg

I regret not being more into sports when I was at school. Might have had chance to make it as a footballer on reflection. I guess it's never too late to try making into a sport so I best get training...

How much is that? It looks like I could do it.
470 lbs / 210kg for 5 repetitions. If I max out I can do about 530 / 240kg one repetition with good form.
Thats pretty average though, I know a natural lifter who can do 660 lbs / 300+kg.

But I'm more of a shoulder presser / log lifter than a dead lifter. I can clean and shoulder press 230lbs / 105kg, 115 with the push press, and it feels much better. :dopey:

This, 97kg / 220 5 or so reps.

logbarskl_zps9jfg3zlw.jpg

logbarkl_zps5si6iing.jpg

Last edited:
I started to partake in Swimming once again after I found a reasonable time to do it.

Warming up is much more harder than actually practicing. Since, I haven't done it in so long, I have bring back my endurance back up when in the water. Luckily my walk from School is helping with that since walking up a 60 degree hill is a complete and utter torture during Australian Summers.

My goal is to get prepared for the Schools Swimming Carnival next year and get some sort of achievement out of it. I'll try every event except for the Butterfly ones.

I regret not being more into sports when I was at school. Might have had chance to make it as a footballer on reflection. I guess it's never too late to try making into a sport so I best get training...

It's NEVER too late my friend :D

I started to partake in Swimming once again after I found a reasonable time to do it.

Warming up is much more harder than actually practicing. Since, I haven't done it in so long, I have bring back my endurance back up when in the water. Luckily my walk from School is helping with that since walking up a 60 degree hill is a complete and utter torture during Australian Summers.

My goal is to get prepared for the Schools Swimming Carnival next year and get some sort of achievement out of it. I'll try every event except for the Butterfly ones.

Damn. Kinda wish I knew how to swim.. lol

Damn. Kinda wish I knew how to swim.. lol
A good place to start is Backstroke, it is the most straight forward and during events, doesn't require you to dive in the pool. The only challenging bit about it is keeping good arm movements and have a lot of kicking power.

Freestyle would be next in the difficulty department, arm movements are more complicated and timing is also more trickier. You also have to focus on head movements, Head straight down for 1 arm movement and then head resting on that arm for the other arm movement.

Then you got the other 2 complicated ones, Breaststroke (my best stroke) and Butterfly (my worst stroke).

Someone's finally started a thread like this, yay! Anyway I wouldn't quite say I'm a extremely talented sports person but I do kind of flourish in some sports as I am physically gifted (14 years old, 6'2 with Kevin Durant arms and legs almost as thick as a weight lifter :crazy::lol:). Probably my two best sports are cricket (Americans are probably thinking what the heck is that, just google it :cheers::lol:) and Basketball. I live in a small island state but sports are still our strong point, so trying out for a northern team was difficult. Recently I slightly missed out on a basketball selection, but will still play lots for club. Cricket on the other hand I'm a fast bowler, currently playing U15's and senior men's, as well as trying out for the "emerging tigers" state squad, in which I've made it into the last stage before the final cut :D:lol:

Played tennis, starting from 6th grade, and still do today. There's also soccer and baseball, but I'm not as involved with those two as I am with tennis.

1622684_862322960453310_7682438081271755798_n.jpg

I do make some unique poses in photos related to tennis.

Wimbledon in the future? :D

Someone's finally started a thread like this, yay! Anyway I wouldn't quite say I'm a extremely talented sports person but I do kind of flourish in some sports as I am physically gifted (14 years old, 6'2 with Kevin Durant arms and legs almost as thick as a weight lifter :crazy::lol:). Probably my two best sports are cricket (Americans are probably thinking what the heck is that, just google it :cheers::lol:) and Basketball. I live in a small island state but sports are still our strong point, so trying out for a northern team was difficult. Recently I slightly missed out on a basketball selection, but will still play lots for club. Cricket on the other hand I'm a fast bowler, currently playing U15's and senior men's, as well as trying out for the "emerging tigers" state squad, in which I've made it into the last stage before the final cut :D:lol:

Haha jeez. You're 14 and already my height! Wish I could've been 6'2 at 14. Lol I was 5'9/5'10 at 14 years old. I always wanted to try cricket. (Maybe one of these days lol) It looks similar to baseball with a different setup. But at 14 years old and already 6'2? Yeah, basketball sounds like one of your well suited niches. Haha. Hopefully you're already dunking on them other young boys. :lol:

Hehe, I'm 19 and 167cm tall (about 5'7").

But my jump height is really good (60-70 cm when I was in shape Honestly I don't know, it was high enough to hang from the soccer goal about 250 cm from the ground)

But still I am short.

Last edited:
@Manasseh257NSX Gaelic football to be added to the OP.

I play gaelic football for Slovak Shamrocks GAA, the only GAA (gaelic athletics association) in Slovakia. We are a continental level team playing in the Central Europe region for Europe GAA, our governing body. We are based in Bratislava and our opponents in the Central region include Vienna, Prague, Munich, Padova, Berlin and Augsburg amongst others. The apex of our season is the Pan-European Championships, which coincidentally take place this Saturday.

I also play soccer football whenever I can but not currently for any organised team, just in a city-wide futsal league. Don't even like futsal, I'd rather play proper football.

I also enjoy playing basketball but haven't done so for a number of years.

Last edited:

I play gaelic football for Slovak Shamrocks GAA, the only GAA (gaelic athletics club) in Slovakia. We are a continental level team playing in the Central Europe region for Europe GAA, our governing body. We are based in Bratislava and our opponents in the Central region include Vienna, Prague, Munich, Padova, Berlin and Augsburg amongst others. The apex of our season is the Pan-European Championships, which coincidentally take place this Saturday.

I also play soccer football whenever I can but not currently for any organised team, just in a city-wide futsal league. Don't even like futsal, I'd rather play proper football.

Added to OP! :D

I play gaelic football for Slovak Shamrocks GAA, the only GAA (gaelic athletics club) in Slovakia. We are a continental level team playing in the Central Europe region for Europe GAA, our governing body. We are based in Bratislava and our opponents in the Central region include Vienna, Prague, Munich, Padova, Berlin and Augsburg amongst others. The apex of our season is the Pan-European Championships, which coincidentally take place this Saturday.

Isn't futsal essentially smaller-scaled football?

Isn't futsal essentially smaller-scaled football?

A quick, fast paced version of it, yes. Not as enjoyable for me personally but it's the only league me and my friends can currently commit to.

My current sport is fencing. I train 3 times per week in a 90 minute class for French foil and in private one-on-one half-hour lessons with the Salle provost. I've been at this for two years, and will compete in my first tournament next spring at Arcata, California.

Another sport worth mentioning is mountain climbing. In my 30's I climbed extensively in Alaska, Canada, the continental US and in Peru, where I ascended to 20,000'.

Then there are the mental sports. In my high school and college days I played in numerous chess tournaments, ultimately attaining a rating and worrying a few masters, including Seirawan.

In my karting years, I won several regional championships and two national championship trophies in IKF road racing. I have won a race at Laguna Seca!

All I can say in conclusion is that this all cost a lot of money and time, I never got seriously hurt, and I wish I had started fencing 50 years ago.

My hockey games are on Tuesday evenings. Last night was a really late game for whatever reason, starting around 10pm. My current job has me going in at 5am on Tuesday mornings to unload the truck with food, and it was a busy day so I didn't get a chance to nap before the game. For some reason, our team all seemed to be really tired and we spent extended periods of time down in our end of the ice, which of course made us more tired because we had to keep starting and stopping. About half way through, despite not keeping score, we were loosing by a large margin. Because we couldn't keep up in a straight line, and were tired, some of our team's larger players and myself started playing a more physical game. If there was a player in front of our net, we would be shoving them out of the way, if they were turning and had the puck we would be leaning on them. Basically anything to make them tired to the same point we were. My biggest contribution came a shift after I was knocked to the ice by a hit, I found that player right as I got back on them and right as they touched the puck, I drove them into the boards. It wasn't a huge hit, but itstarted a push back from our team, as we started finding ways to get goals capitalizing on our grittiness and willingness to play physically. We would drive to the net and shield the shot so the goalie couldn't see. If they gave up a reabound, there was someone there who could take several whacks at it and force it into the net. I got an assist by firing at the net and another player deflecting it in, then almost scored by whacking at the puck.

I enjoy those physical battles, despite not being the biggest player on the ice as you can make up for lack of size with pure grit and willingness to give up your body to block shots and get passes away. In the professional game, the top/1st line(forewars and defense both) is the scorers line, the knes who try to stay out of the physical stuff as much as possible. I play in a way that would put me on the 4th foreword/3rd Defense line, playing the physical way and not quite having that scoring touch. Our job is nasty and tough, but it's also the most fun (imo) because we can be that catalyst for the top line to get out and score.

Anyway, my dreams for hockey. It probably won't happen but I'd love to play in the National Woman's Hockey League or the New Zealand Woman's Ice Hockey League.

Anyway, rambling. Sorry:scared:

Games: 10
Goals:1
Assists: 8
Hits:12
Blocked shots: 32

Back