The Australian V8 Supercar Series - Round 2: Perth V8 400 (Motorland II) - *RESULTS*

  • Thread starter Thread starter nitro_2005
  • 47 comments
  • 2,014 views
Messages
1,914
The Australian V8 Supercar Series​


ford_logo200x150.jpg
VS
logo_holden_lrg.jpg
​

Round 2: Perth V8 400 at Motorland II​


Hello and welcome to Round 2 of the 2005/6 Australian V8 Supercar Series. We are here at Motorland II to see who can catch The Internet as he looks to increase his lead in the Driver's Championship and to also look at the fortunes of P-Haze Motorsport and their drivers Ghost C and J-Unit.​

We begin with the news that Electric........, KevinD and just this morning Limit-R have all pulled out of the series. This comes as a shock to both me and Bee, since he won the first of the two races in Hong Kong two weeks ago. But even with that happening, that shouldn't dampen our spirits, should it?

The venue, Motorland II, is a short, tight and tricky course set in the heart of the Driving Park complex. It's a circuit which can frustrate many a driver, and two 19 lap races should test both the driver's skill and patience to the limit. What's more, this race is the first of a select few to be run on sports tyres, which will make the cars all the more difficult to drive. Who knows, we may even see our first pit stops of the series. I'm sure many drivers will try to avoid it, but after having driven the race myself, I had to change tires after 18 of the 19 laps.

So, enough chatter from me. Let's kick this race WEEK with qualifying. As some of you may know, we are running the races on a week schedule.

Rules

No wall touching!
Two wheels on the track at all times!
(Rumble strips are considered part of the track)
No hybrids
No cheating of any kind
You may setup your car how you wish, but N.O.S (Nitrous Oxide) is NOT allowed.
No tyre restrictions for practice, shootout and races. harder tyres are recommened for the races, but, again, tyre choice is up to you.



Qualifying Session​


Qualifying is now a three-day session, which gives competitors no excuse to miss it, unless you have a valid reason. You must run the qualifying in GT Mode - Driving Park - Motorland Reversre - Free Run. You may use your own personal tyre type choice. Please follow the rules with great respect. ​

Qualifying ends on Friday 18th November 2005 at 11:59pm GMT. Here is a link to a time convertor to help you see what time you need to send your lap in by if you live on a different continent: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/


Good Luck Everyone!!! :) 👍

P.S. If you get your qualifying lap in late, don't worry, just send it to me and I'll add it to the results.



Qualifying Results (late times will be added as they come in!!!)​

1st: The Internet - '36.002 - #21 Golden Racing Technologies FPV GT (recieves 3 bonus points for pole)
2nd: boomboy - '36.054 - #50 Mobil 1 Racing FPV GT​
3rd: ejr_1 - '36.809 - #71 Lightspeed Motorsports FPV GT​
4th: Bee - '36.992 - #27 GBR Superteam Holden Commodore SS​
5th: [FPV]Rusty - '37.333 - #04 A7X Racing Holden Commodore SS​
6th: nitro_2005 - '37.489 - #18 Stone Brothers Racing FPV GT​
7th: GTRacer4 - '38.531 - #88 V8 Motorsport Holden Commodore SS​
8th: GT_Fan2005 - '41.760 - #12 GBR Superteam Holden Commodore SS​

Race Results​

Race 1​

​
1st: The Internet - 14'00.214 - #21 Golden Racing Technologies FPV GT​
2nd: boomboy - 14'08.456 - #50 Mobil 1 Racing FPV GT​
3rd: ejr_1 - 14'17.327 - #71 Lightspeed Motorsports FPV GT​
4th: GTRacer4 - 14'21.826 - #88 V8 Motorsport Holden Commodore SS​
5th:nitro_2005 - 14'35.846 - #18 Stone Brothers Racing FPV GT​
6th: Bee - 15'09.809 - #27 GBR Superteam Holden Commodore SS​

​
Race 2​

​
1st: The Internet - 13'51.542 - #21 Golden Racing Technologies FPV GT​
2nd: GTRacer4 - 13'55.900 - #88 V8 Motorsport Holden Commodore SS​
3rd: ejr_1 - 13'56.537 - #71 Lightspeed Motorsports FPV GT​
4th: boomboy - 14'06.315 - #50 Mobil 1 Racing FPV GT​
5th: nitro_2005 - 14'27.846 - #18 Stone Brothers Racing FPV GT​
6th: Bee - 15'00.127 - #27 GBR Superteam Holden Commodore SS​


​
So, congratulations to The Internet for taking a double victory. His style, speed and pace was good enough to secure his 3rd win from 4 races. But he had better watch out, because guess who's coming back for round 4? Electric........!!! Yes, he is on his way back after a breack and I'm sure he will want to start cutting into Inty's lead, but when he comes back after missing two rounds, will be able to still challenge?​


On a slight negative note, I'm pretty disappointed with the number of people taking part this weekend. 8 qualified, but only 6 of them raced. If you have teammates, get in touch with them and tell them when the next race is going on. I know that ejr_1 has told me that jase86 should be with us for Round 3, and I hope Ghost C and J_Unit go for Round 3 as well. Nevertheless, this series isn't really going to take off if we don't at least 10 drivers per race.​

Sorry for the grumble, guys. It just seems a shame that some people agree to do something, but then don't live to that aggrement.​


Anyway, now that that's out of the way, the updated championship results will appear in the Chit-Chat thread. Just give me about 10 minutes to put them up.​


Next Round: Tooheys 300 at Eastern Creek (TRM Road Course) - 28th November to 4th December - DON'T MISS IT!!!​

See Ya In Two Weeks! :cheers:​
 
Boy I hate this track..

Sport tyres for the race eh? Intresting...

Good luck to all competitiors!

Lee
 
Sports* My bad lol.
 
I'm happy with my lap time, now all I need is a picture



Now that that's done with, time to wait for the competition
 
Umm. That says nitrous is allowed. Is that right?
 
ejr_1
Umm. That says nitrous is allowed. Is that right?

No its not allowed, its a typo, i'll contact Nitro about it.
 
It's not a typo


he says NO nitrous is allowed
 
The Internet
It's not a typo

he says NO nitrous is allowed
It's a daft way to put it. It should be nitrous is not allowed.
 
daan
It's a daft way to put it. It should be nitrous is not allowed.

Yeah Nitro should change it tonight.

Sorry for the confusion.
 
come on guys. only 3 drivers, including me, have set times. where are you? :confused:
 
I've been snowed under with a cold and the prospect of the house being sold, aint had a chance to yet.
 
i wasn't getting angry, i was just wondering :)
 
nitro_2005
i wasn't getting angry, i was just wondering :)
Perhaps everyone is still going trying to get their best time and hand them in tomorrow as late as they can.
 
Yep I'm full of them. :)
 
hehe. i just lowered my time to a 37.489. just shows what a little tinkering under the bonnet can do ;)👍
 
I'll have to run a time some time tonight. I don't know yet, but I may have to submit it a bit past the deadline, because I have a Physics Lab to do tonight. I'll try and get it in!

Sorry for any inconvience.
 
I should have my time in by the end of the day, i have been busy studying.
 
ejr_1
I'll have to run a time some time tonight. I don't know yet, but I may have to submit it a bit past the deadline, because I have a Physics Lab to do tonight. I'll try and get it in!

Sorry for any inconvience.

Don't worry about it, a late time is better than no time at all.
 
hey guys. just wanted to tell you that i'm canning the top 10 shootout and replacing today and tommorow with two more days of qualifying. thanks!

p.s. it's my B-Day today. officially 15 at 11:51pm GMT. ROCK!!!! :cheers:
 
How many time do you have now?

BTW Its my birthday today as well.
 
6 :sick: erm......oh dear :confused:???

hmm, i'm starting to wonder why some of these guys (not aimed at anyone who is/has racing/raced) actually agreed to take part, and then they don't show up. i'm not annoyed, just a little curious that's all.
 
Been at work yesterday, out today, il try and run it tonight and pm you then il defo race the weekend:)
 
hey guys, just a warning that there is only an hour or so left of qualifying, so get those times in quick!!! :p
 
will post the qualifying results up tommorow morning. i'm tired and ready to go sleepy *yawn* night-night!

and don't forget, there is still 47 minutes of qualifying left, so it is best to sedn you times in soon!!!

bye-bye!!! :lol::sleepy:
 
Third is pretty OK, considering I did it in a rush on Tuesday evening, trying to make the origonal deadline. Nice job The Internet. :cheers:
 
ejr_1
Third is pretty OK, considering I did it in a rush on Tuesday evening, trying to make the origonal deadline. Nice job The Internet. :cheers:

Yeah nice lap by The Internet.

Pretty close between me and you, good luck with the race.
👍
 
Back