The Australian V8 Supercar Series - Round 4: Sinopec V8s China (Suzuka GP)

  • Thread starter Thread starter nitro_2005
  • 38 comments
  • 1,947 views
Messages
1,914
The Australian V8 Supercar Series​

ford_logo200x150.jpg
VS
logo_holden_lrg.jpg
​


Round 4: Sinopec V8s China at Shanghai International Circuit (Suzuka GP)​


Hello everyone and welcome to Round 4 of the Australian V8 Supercar Series. This week we are at Suzuka for the Sinopec V8s China. The Internet is in total command of the points standings, both drivers and teams, and he is looking to increase that lead. But he'll have boomboy snapping at his heels as well as Soyfu, who finished a brilliant 2nd in his first race last time out at Eastern Creek, and Electric......., who returns after a two-race break due to sponsorship problems.​

So before the info on qualifying, here are the confirmed drivers for round 4:

Electric....... - #385 Alcohol United Racing Team Croatia FPV GT
ejr_1 - #71 Lightspeed Motorsports FPV GT
Thrasher715 - #715 Corvette Racing Holden Commodore SS
GTRacer4 - #88 V8 Motorsport Holden Commodore SS
The Internet - #21 Dutch Bros. Golden RT FPV GT
boomboy - #50 Mobil 1 Racing FPV GT
Soyfu - #31 Team Shxxxt! FPV GT
Shxxxt - #32 Team Shxxxt! FPV GT
GT_Fan2005 - #12 GBR Superteam Holden Commodore SS


There is also hope that P-Haze Motorsports will be back for this round, with Ghost C and J-Unit driving those cars. Other drivers, like ls2_297 and [FPV]Rusty are not known if they will race. I have tried to contact both of them, but had no replies. slikaznracer has also said nothing. Both myself and Bee cannot take part this week. I still need a replacement controller and Bee is moving house, so he won't have time. Anyway, now that that's done, let's see if we can't seperate the men from the boys. That's right, kiddies, it's QUALIFYING TIME!!!

Qualifying Session​

Qualifying is a 5-day long session, so that gives you no excuse to miss it :D Qualifying times must be in by Friday 16th December at 11:59PM GMT. GMT Time Convertor: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/


Qualifying Results​


1st: The Internet - 1'53.698 - #21 Dutch Bros. Golden RT FPV GT (Recieves 3 bonus points for pole)​
2nd: Ghost C - 1'54.201 - #16 P-Haze Motorsports FPV GT​
3rd: boomboy - 1'54.666 - #50 Mobil 1 Racing FPV GT​
4th: Electric....... - 1'55.161 - #385 Alcohol United Racing Team Croatia FPV GT​
5th: Soyfu - 1'56.645 - #31 Team Shxxxt! FPV GT​
6th: GTRacer4 - 1'57.013 - #88 V8 Motorsport Holden Commodore SS​
7th: Shxxxt - 2'01.504 - #32 Team Shxxxt! FPV GT​

Race Session​

Races are a 2-day session which gives you enough time to complete them :D 2 race times from each driver must be in by Sunday 18th December at 11:59 PM GMT. GMT Time Convertor: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

Race Results​
​
Race 1​
​
1st: boomboy - 10'45.872 - #50 Mobil 1 Racing FPV GT​
2nd: The Internet - 10'51.070 - #21 Dutch Bros. Golden RT FPV GT​
3rd: Soyfu - 10'55.454 - #31 Team Shxxxt! FPV GT​
4th: Electric....... - 11'11.693 - #385 Alcohol United Racing Team Croatia FPV GT​
5th: shxxxt - 11'38.332 - #32 Team Shxxxt! FPV GT​

​
Race 2​

1st: boomboy - 10'39.094 - #50 Mobil 1 Racing FPV GT​
2nd: The Internet - 10'45.918 - #21 Dutch Bros. Golden RT FPV GT
3rd: Soyfu - 10'55.837 - #31 Team Shxxxt! FPV GT
4th: Ghost C - 11'03.786 - #16 P-Haze Motorsports FPV GT
5th: Electric....... - 11'04.699 - #385 Alcohol United Racing Team Croatia FPV GT
6th: shxxxt - 11'24.653 - #32 Team Shxxxt! FPV GT


So, we have a new winner amongst us. Congratulations to boomboy for breaking The Internet's dominance and scoring his first two wins of the season. Also, well done to Soyfu, who scored two podiums in only his second race meeting.

But,I would now like to be serious for a moment. I am once again quite upset that we only got a total of six drivers when 9 were confirmed. This really has to stop. If weren't taking a christmas and new year break, then I would be postponing the next round until something is done about this. But we are taking a break, so I'm giving you guys one more chance. If we don't get at least 10 drivers in the next round participating, then the following round after that will be postponed for another two weeks. But hopefully we should get less no-shows next season with that proposed "No-Show Penalty System".

Anyway, now that we have finished our visit to China, I would like to announce that we are now taking a break for Christmas and New Year, so you guys can eat, drink and be merry with your nearest and dearest. I would personally like to wish a very happy Christmas and New Year to all our drivers in the V8 Series, and I look forward to seeing at least 10 of you for the next round, which will be the first of 2006!!!

Next Round: SKYCITY V8 Supercars Darwin at Hidden Valley (Fuji Speedway 90s) - 11th to 17th January 2006 - PLEASE DO NOT MISS IT!!! PUT IT IN YOUR CALENDERS AND DIARIES!!!​

See you all in 2006!!! :) ​
​
 
I don't like suzuka, period! :grumpy:

But who knows, maybe after running around with the GT, I might start liking it a bit. It's a great track, but it requires way too much work for my liking. :lol: Also, I've never tried to set a car up for this track, so I don't have a bloody clue what I'm doing.
 
Wow. This track + This car = Suck
 
I think I'll have to drop the downforce and tighten the suspension for this round. It's not as bumpy as I thought it would be and I could use a little bit of an edge on speed.
 
The Internet
I'm at about 1'55 on RSSes. (is it legal to discuss practice times?)

I am running about the same as you, hopefully i will be able to runs a 1.54.xxx soon
 
Thank god I'm missing out this race, I love Suzuka as much as a broken bone. :grumpy:

Good luck to everyone I'll be watching from the stands untill I move :lol:

The Internet: yes it is still currentally legal but I may bring it up to attention with Nitro some time soon to discuss it. Because people can easially just make up a time based on someone else's practice time. I'll keep you all informed of what happens about it once I know.
 
to answer Inty's question, you may only discuss SECTOR TIMES, not lap times :) Speaking of Inty, he is the first one to submit his lap time.
 
nitro_2005
to answer Inty's question, you may only discuss SECTOR TIMES, not lap times :)

Ok then I guess its sorted...
 
Mmm...Sport tires for the race! I hate to see how this car handles on S2's or S3's when I set it up for R5's, it's twitchy and requires 110% attention as is. Also, me and J-Unit are definitely running this week, we're practicing every time we get a break from working on cars/making parts.
 
I dont think i will be able to get in any race times cause my GT 4 is playing up. I only got to do one full race.
 
I'll probably send in my first good time,and then start practising with s3 tires.....
 
Well, I think I'll work on qualifying today, since school was canceled today because of a snow storm. :D
 
It's pretty last-minute, but I've taken two-thirds of a second off my time.
 
i've only had 3 qualifying times. 3! where are you, peeps?
 
you guys only got about another 30 minutes before the deadline. HURRY!!! :dunce:
 
Sorry nitro, but I don't have time to run it. Maybe I should have actually done this yesterday like I said I was going to. :lol: Don't worry though, I'll be here for the races. :D
 
I just watched the V8 race from Shanghai yesterday. (I watched it yesterday, I'm aware it was a few months ago.)

Wow everyone crashed at the hairpin. I'd like to have Shanghai in GT5 so I can experience it with my FPV.
 
Oh crap, sorry guys, I had finals this week, so I couldn't get the time to get on the track. What are the terms regarding the race? Can I still compete?


Thrasher715
 
I think the rule is that you can compete but you take a time penalty on one race.
 
oh no, i've scraped that. dont' worry, thrasher, you can still race.
 
it seems that way. we do have some guys in holdens, but most of them don't bother to turn up!
 
maybe I'll switch to the holden for the next race,if you allow it though.Just to make some difference.
 
Back