- 31,330

- Edinburgh
- GTP_Mars
I beat Orange Stake on Black Deck tonight, leaving just 5 Gold Stake games for Completionist+...
It was a comfortable game with a horrible sting in the tail though...
I had The Family (4X for 4oaK) and Blueprint, plus loads of high +Mult jokers, and with 15 4s, I was hitting 4oaKs at will.
But... my usual favourite Ante 8 Boss Blind - Amber Acorn - is a ***** if you need Blueprint, which I did.
I had to play a 4oaK to find The Family, and I was able to identify 4 of my 5 other Jokers and shift them left, leaving two Jokers to the left of The Family - one of which was Blueprint and the other was Drunkard... it was a 50/50, and Blueprint needed to trigger for me to score enough to win on my final hand - and I got lucky 😊
Looking back at the replay after the game, I should have spotted Blueprint earlier, but I was too busy moving Jokers around before I forgot them. At least I played the game honestly and didn't resort to using the replay function to manipulate the Joker deck during the final round, so it was an honest win... if a tad lucky 😅
--
I currently have 38/150 Gold Stickers... so a looooong way to go for Completionist ++
It was a comfortable game with a horrible sting in the tail though...
I had The Family (4X for 4oaK) and Blueprint, plus loads of high +Mult jokers, and with 15 4s, I was hitting 4oaKs at will.
But... my usual favourite Ante 8 Boss Blind - Amber Acorn - is a ***** if you need Blueprint, which I did.
I had to play a 4oaK to find The Family, and I was able to identify 4 of my 5 other Jokers and shift them left, leaving two Jokers to the left of The Family - one of which was Blueprint and the other was Drunkard... it was a 50/50, and Blueprint needed to trigger for me to score enough to win on my final hand - and I got lucky 😊
Looking back at the replay after the game, I should have spotted Blueprint earlier, but I was too busy moving Jokers around before I forgot them. At least I played the game honestly and didn't resort to using the replay function to manipulate the Joker deck during the final round, so it was an honest win... if a tad lucky 😅
--
I currently have 38/150 Gold Stickers... so a looooong way to go for Completionist ++
Last edited: