• Thread starter GBO Possum
  • 107 comments

GBO Possum

Not quite the oldest member. Yet.
Premium
United States
Massachusetts
GBO-Possum
To the best of my knowledge, we don't have a thread dedicated to Bathurst, but I know we have a lot of passionate Bathurst fans in our community.

I'm tempted to dedicate this thread to @Pete05 and @ScotteDawg, but that would be unfair to the rest of the mountain lovers.

May I suggest limiting to one photo per post, so that when somebody "likes" a photo, we know which one is getting the "likes"?

To kick it off, one of the images which comes to mind when someone says "Bathurst" is the inside wheel lifting on the Dipper.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, it's amazing what can be achieved just by using photomode with all it's effects.
I never edit - haven't got any software on the PC. However seeing some of the edited results - I'm tempted.

Another shot from the top.
View attachment 156302

I don't have a photo editing program on my computer either! I use three sites - Ribbet, PicMonkey and LunaPic - depending on the effect I want to create...

Great time of day for that beautiful light!

BTW, @ScotteDawg, are you getting game lock ups when you use your camera near the Dipper? It's driving me crazy.

Yeah, I get the lock ups too, but it's not just the Dipper or Mount Panorama. I have had problems with the camera since update 1.06 and I honestly thought it would be fixed in 1.07. It wasn't but I found that if you save the replay then exit the game, go off-line and re-enter the game without logging back on, you can watch the replay and take photos without the freezing! Sure, it's time consuming, but you'll get the photos you want!!

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that most of the American old school muscle are made for this track! No matter what adjustments are made to the power or suspension, they all handle brilliantly around Bathurst!

Mid engine - alllllllright(ish)...
FF - quick by not so good
4WD/AWD - sluggish (too many turns)
Euro FR - go well but.......
Old Japanese FR - better than Euro!
New Japanese FR - better again, though there's not many
Modern US muscle - very nice!
Commodore & Monaro - Aus cars made for Aus roads, so...
Old US muscle - just have that certain something!

(this is just my opinion, other people may - and are free to - feel differently)

(New is 1980 on - old is 1979 back)

@GBO Possum - I will have to revise what I said about saving replays... Now, it could be my PS3 but, I've started getting lock-ups on Mount Panorama off-line as well as on-line! I did hear that it could also have something to do with the disc itself in that Bathurst is a favourite all over the world and, because it gets used a lot, the disc wears on the spot on the disc where Bathurst is. This has been causing room shut-downs!

I'm not sure if there is a patch PD can give the game but if there is I sincerely hope they put it in to play!!!

@GBO Possum - I will have to revise what I said about saving replays... Now, it could be my PS3 but, I've started getting lock-ups on Mount Panorama off-line as well as on-line! I did hear that it could also have something to do with the disc itself in that Bathurst is a favourite all over the world and, because it gets used a lot, the disc wears on the spot on the disc where Bathurst is. This has been causing room shut-downs!

I'm not sure if there is a patch PD can give the game but if there is I sincerely hope they put it in to play!!!

I have three disks, so I can try swapping them around to see if it makes a difference. Disk wear sounds like a long shot IMHO.

I have three disks, so I can try swapping them around to see if it makes a difference. Disk wear sounds like a long shot IMHO.

Yeah, it was something an English guy said in a room last night. I was the only one to get frozen though. Maybe I should actually take the disc out of the machine and clean it every once in a while...

Latest Posts

Back