The Beautiful Engine Picture Thread

• Thread starter Dead_Poetic
  • 236 comments
Dead_Poetic
Jamal is Legend
Here's the deal. We all love beautiful cars, but what would a beautiful car be without a beautifully engineered engine providing the power? Post pictures of the engines you find to be beautiful or engineering feats.

Here are some of the more obvious ones:

ferrarienginewallpaperha8.jpg

112_0611_06z+2006_bugatti_veyron+engine_view.jpg

audir8engine.jpg

rotary4.jpg

The simplicity of a rotary is amazing. It's quirks give it a character that no other type of engine has.

515.06.jpg

By far the most powerful piston engine ever created relative to it's displacment. Eight-thousand horsepower from 500 cubic inches? Thaaaaat's a little over 100hp/L. :lol: Ugly, but extremely effective.

If i'm not mistaken, those Ferrari, Bugatti and Audi pictures are little more than plastic/alloy plenum chamber covers. So not really engines at all!

515.06.jpg

By far the most powerful piston engine ever created relative to it's displacment. Eight-thousand horsepower from 500 cubic inches? Thaaaaat's a little over 100hp/L. :lol: Ugly, but extremely effective.

Um... mid-80's F1 engines were achieving nearly 1500hp from 1.5 litres... and on 'normal' fuel (hah) and doing it for minutes at a time in qualifying and nearly two hours (albeit closer to 1000hp) in race trim.

FYi. :)

If i'm not mistaken, those Ferrari, Bugatti and Audi pictures are little more than plastic/alloy plenum chamber covers. So not really engines at all!

Ture, but can you argue that fitting a w16 engine with four turbos and 8 radiators into a car the size of a bugatti isn't an engineering feat? and nothing about that ferrari engine is plastic. And they still are beautiful, reguardless.

Um... mid-80's F1 engines were achieving nearly 1500hp from 1.5 litres... and on 'normal' fuel (hah) and doing it for minutes at a time in qualifying and nearly two hours (albeit closer to 1000hp) in race trim.

FYi. :)

Another good example:

4.2L 4000hp
0202tur_04z+acura_integra_funny_car+engine_view.jpg

rotary4.jpg

The simplicity of a rotary is amazing. It's quirks give it a character that no other type of engine has.

Win. Have you seen Mazda's new rotary engine, the 16x? Quite the beautiful thing that is.

Win. Have you seen Mazda's new rotary engine, the 16x? Quite the beautiful thing that is.

Ahh what the hell, here it is......

Yes, thats Direct Injection you see on the 2nd gen RENESIS. A tad bit wider with 1.6l of displacement, packing 280hp naturally aspirated........ Next gen RX-8 anyone?

I wonder if that will fit in my FC......Bah, seeing as a 1st gen RENESIS didn't fit I gues not sadly.....

Next gen RX-8 anyone?
I hope not. I think Mazda needs to scrap that model and either bring the RX-7 back or start over again with a higher-performance, two-door, decently torquey, not-completely-hideous RX-9.

From what I've read of the 16X, the torque part may already be taken care of.

I hope not. I think Mazda needs to scrap that model and either bring the RX-7 back or start over again with a higher-performance, two-door, decently torquey, not-completely-hideous RX-9.

From what I've read of the 16X, the torque part may already be taken care of.

Bah Mazda can't bring back the 7, even as much as I love 7's it just isn't right. If not an RX-8 try imagining a production Kabira with this thing in it then.:drool:

Back