The best event/race You've entered so far.

  • Thread starter Thread starter bartosz988
  • 45 comments
  • 3,139 views
dream cars championship

touring cup with m3 :)
 
FGT championship.

I was driving like an possesed man :D
 
I just finished the fgt champ. The hardest championship for me, very rewarding to beat it. Finished 1st, 1st, 12th, 1st, 1st, 4th :)
 
Winning the Laguna Seca endurance race in my Fiat 500F, definately the closest and best race I have had on GT5 to date. I loved owning those 450+bhp vipers and vettes in my 90bhp Fiat, great fun!

How come :lol: haven't tried it but what the heck made You win with 90hp :lol: long lasting tank or what?
 
I had the most fun EVER in an AVANTIME!!! Shocking, i'll admit, but i won the Nurburgring stage of the supercar Challenge cleanly... Except for maybe beimg a bit bargy at turn one... And showing a very nasty defensive to a McLaren F1 and a Veyron... Modified top speed, 140 mph. XD
Ive saved the replay, so if there ever is a way of sharing them , i'll do it in a flash!!!

Also was the online race at Le Mans i did in Late December... I started zooming round daylit practice laps in my Lovely NASCAR, it was the most powerful of my cars i could wheedle into the thing... So we were doing three laps. After lap one, i was about third of sixteen, behind some RM ZR1 corvettes... Then the sun set!!! OH MY GOD!!! it was terrifying!! Pitch black down Mulsanne at 220... Without headlights!!!!!! And i WON!!! i beat those vettes in a lardy nascar on a curvaceous track, without even seeing two foot ahead of me!!! The shocking bit was i was the only guy who seemed able to hit the right braking points...
 
Last edited:
just finished GT Championship in pro(i know im a noob) had a epic race with the Zonda race car at cape ring my ZR1 was faster but I was 5 seconds back after I cleared traffic Chased him down passed him back and forth i win, awesome. Then I spun at grand valley was eleven seconds back, chased him down and was second by half a second definitely the best race i ever lost!
 
The FGT championship, the licence races, the special events (esp karting, top gear test track, grand tour and....this is controversial, the Sebastian Vettel challenge)
 
The 24 hours of Le Mans would have to be my favorite if you could save and/or do stints. Now I can't say for sure because I haven't unlocked it yet but the concept of it isn't definently soemtgibg I would paly again and again, that is if I could save and/or run in stints.
 
The FGT Championship was a ton of fun and a super even playing field.

The S. Vettel X2010 challenge was my greatest achievement though. That's something I'm actually proud of completing. I can't imagine how I will feel when I replace the bronze trophies with silver!
 
Winning the Laguna Seca endurance race in my Fiat 500F, definately the closest and best race I have had on GT5 to date. I loved owning those 450+bhp vipers and vettes in my 90bhp Fiat, great fun!

Any chance you could share your tuning settiings please?
 
Last edited:
My favorite event so far has been the 300km Grand Valley Endurance Race. I used the Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary ‘88 (completely stock). It was the first A-Spec event I raced that didn't feel like a time trial. I had to pit twice compared to the AI NSX (and one other I can't remember) which both pitted once. I made a mistake in my first pit and refueled 100% which was unnecessary and very time consuming. By lap 56/60 I was in a heated battle for 2nd (1st was 30 seconds ahead and gaining 1 second per lap on me) and accidentally restarted the race :(

I'll probably redo this event soon with the same setup and adjust my pit strategy to take gold. Only slightly bitter that PD included the "restart race" option without a backup prompt asking if you're sure you want to restart.
 
Every Seasonal Event Bonus Race before they removed the restrictions. Now they are more like buy this car and some tuning parts and get rich after 5 laps of easy overtaking. :dunce:

Other than that I really enjoy the latest time trial challenge for pre-1980 Japanese cars on Cape Ring.

I've only completed half of the permanent A-Spec events and my experiences with these have ranged from decent to pretty good. I hope I still have some memorable moments ahead of me.
 
1. Sebastien Loeb challenge (gravel and ice).
2. S-license events
3. Lupo Cup
4. AMG Driving Academy
5. Grand Tour - the night one with the Lambo
6. Top Gear
7. All Stars
8. Seasonal 1 with the GT-R
9. Seasonal with the Focus ST
10. Seasonal with the Nascar on the Ring
11. Some other Seasonal (unmodified or very slightly modified cars)
12. Nascar Cup

This is what I can think of. Absolutely not ncessarily in that order.
 
My favourites so far have been:
  • Lupo Cup - Some already mentioned how fun this little car was on the Nordschleife.
  • Extreme SuperGT series (all races great) - close racing for me if I stay on Hards, and keep car stock.
  • Current Seasonal SuperGT - great fun - felt like I was on edge of traction the whole time.
  • Grand Valley 300km.. write up over here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4677861&posted=1#post4677861
 
Last edited:
15 lap daytona online with boost on high no x1's. never laughed so hard in my life with the guys i was racing with. you would get wrecked and be back in the action and to the front in less than a lap. 3 in morning hasn't been that fun in a while.
 
I took a stock AW11 (i.e. 80's) MR2 into the Clubman Cup and used the money I won there to upgrade it. First time I went through I came 2nd, 12th (the straight at Tokyo was bad news), 1st. Second time I was 2nd, 2nd, 1st, and by the third time I had soft sports tyres, less than 1000kg weight and over 200bhp, and won by miles.

I want to use money I win somewhere else to upgrade it fully and take it online, I love that car a lot, but my point is it's fun to enter a car that's massively outgunned in terms of horsepower and see what you can do with it, and only use the money you win with that car to upgrade it. Of course, I could have done 10 laps of Indy and upgraded it all the way before entering it, but it was much more fun using it's superior manoeuvrability to outdrive things like an R32 GT-R and a Celica GT-Four, which aren't exactly dogs in the handling department anyway. Of course, the braindead AI helped.
 
Back